AR Newbie Registered Member

Jog my memory for speakers?

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was wondering if someone in the community could refresh my memory for speakers I remember seeing maybe...5 or 6 years ago?

As I recall, they were fairly small, maybe somewhat over a foot? I believe the speaker enclosure looked like 3 spheres stacked one on top of each other, like a snowman. The speaker stand that it was attached to was a tripod of fairly long spikes, perhaps several inches?

If anyone can remember their name (and as an added bonus, any reviews of them), I would be eternally grateful!

Forum Regular

Forum Regular

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffL
    Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was wondering if someone in the community could refresh my memory for speakers I remember seeing maybe...5 or 6 years ago?

As I recall, they were fairly small, maybe somewhat over a foot? I believe the speaker enclosure looked like 3 spheres stacked one on top of each other, like a snowman. The speaker stand that it was attached to was a tripod of fairly long spikes, perhaps several inches?

If anyone can remember their name (and as an added bonus, any reviews of them), I would be eternally grateful!
    ... the Blueroom Minipods?

I'm too computer illeterate to supply a link, but these may be the tix...

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Blueroom Minipod (now Podspeakers -- same thing, actually) sound like the ones.

They're kind of hard to track down -- their website is useless. Try to contact every dealer in your vicinity -- out of 5 or 6 I contacted, only one still had them for sale, the rest were having trouble getting more stock. I have a feeling this is only a temporary problem, after which they will either go out of business, or will return with a vengeance. They have an iPod product, so I'm kind of hoping the latter.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

AR Newbie Registered Member
    You guys rock!

I knew there was a reason why I kept on visiting these forums.

Thanks!

Thread Information