Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I went back

  1. #1
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    699

    I went back

    I have decided and returned back the Tascam VL-S21 and got back the other pair of monitors I had before. The reason why is that for the price I think that the Ediro MA-7A monitors were actualy more flatter than the Tascam's. I think the reason why that the Tascam's are not as flat as Edirol's is because Tascam's use a sub to make the bass and usualy subs put out alot more bass than normal pair of monitors.
    Dallas's Forums

    MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!


  2. #2
    Phila combat zone JoeE SP9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,710
    Where have you been?. Your sometimes very strange posts were missed.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

  3. #3
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243

    Hey Spanky!

    Welcome back. Where have you been hiding?

    Glad you have made up your mind on what speakers you like best. Are you going to sell the others? Extra cash means extra CD's?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    Good to see a new post. I like the picture. Who is that in the background?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  5. #5
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Oh........
    My
    ........
    God........
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  6. #6
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Good to see a new post. I like the picture. Who is that in the background?
    Its a pic of Adam and I. I am the asian guy and Adam is on the left and he is my bf that I have been dating for 2 years.
    Dallas's Forums

    MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!


  7. #7
    Mutant from table 9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Oh........
    My
    ........
    God........

    ROFLMAO!!

  8. #8
    Do What? jrhymeammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,276
    Hey SVI, are you really gay? If so, I thought you were bigger than that Flo. Florian is no racist, but may be a homophobe.
    At least he know what he likes and not afraid to share, much like SVI and Flo's audio preference.

  9. #9
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Glad that you guys finally got together. Did you work something out so you can see eachother more often?
    Who took the pic?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  10. #10
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Hey SVI, are you really gay? If so, I thought you were bigger than that Flo. Florian is no racist, but may be a homophobe.
    At least he know what he likes and not afraid to share, much like SVI and Flo's audio preference.
    I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  11. #11
    Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    X
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Hey SVI, are you really gay? If so, I thought you were bigger than that Flo. Florian is no racist, but may be a homophobe.
    At least he know what he likes and not afraid to share, much like SVI and Flo's audio preference.
    I think you may have taken Flo's comments way out of context...

  12. #12
    Do What? jrhymeammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    I think you may have taken Flo's comments way out of context...
    Yes, I often do. Flo's intention could've been trying to be cute. But a minor humor such as:
    Oh........
    My........
    God........

    followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member. SpankinVanillaice is only 21. Very close to our age Flo. I'm sure he get more harrasement than anybody would ever want for the sexual preference. Look back 2 years Flo, 5+ for me, and try to remember how crazy things were. We were and are still trying to establish what goes on in our dome.
    My English skill isnt very good so I hope my comment here does not sound harsh and hatefu;. That is not what I'm try to demostrate to Flo.
    I just thought Flo could've been a bit more sensitive, that's all.

    Flo wrote: I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?

    If they do see it, I hope they do understand my POV.
    Again, my words here and previous post are not animosity toward Flo by any means.

    I just wanted to make sure SVI would enjoy his time here as much as we do.

    Hey SVI. I'm sorry to make this such a big deal. I hope you are not embrassed cuz you shouldn't be at all. I thought I would comment here to eliminate further crap. THis thread was supposed to be about your speakers. Give us more feedback on your speakers you've reunited.

  13. #13
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Yes, I often do. Flo's intention could've been trying to be cute. But a minor humor such as:
    Oh........
    My........
    God........

    followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member. SpankinVanillaice is only 21. Very close to our age Flo. I'm sure he get more harrasement than anybody would ever want for the sexual preference. Look back 2 years Flo, 5+ for me, and try to remember how crazy things were. We were and are still trying to establish what goes on in our dome.
    My English skill isnt very good so I hope my comment here does not sound harsh and hatefu;. That is not what I'm try to demostrate to Flo.
    I just thought Flo could've been a bit more sensitive, that's all.

    Flo wrote: I wonder how long it takes a Moderator to see this?

    If they do see it, I hope they do understand my POV.
    Again, my words here and previous post are not animosity toward Flo by any means.

    I just wanted to make sure SVI would enjoy his time here as much as we do.

    Hey SVI. I'm sorry to make this such a big deal. I hope you are not embrassed cuz you shouldn't be at all. I thought I would comment here to eliminate further crap. THis thread was supposed to be about your speakers. Give us more feedback on your speakers you've reunited.
    Flo's remark has more to do with the speakers than anything else.

    Read this for details. Out of 4
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  14. #14
    Do What? jrhymeammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Flo's remark has more to do with the speakers than anything else.

    Read this for details. Out of 4

    Not that particular thread but yers I have read many thread started by SVI. Explaining and giving advice to SVI can be a long journey at times. I've also read many replies (not by just Flo) that are considered to be harrasement.

  15. #15
    Mutant from table 9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Yes, I often do. Flo's intention could've been trying to be cute. But a minor humor such as:
    Oh........
    My........
    God........

    followed by "ROFLMAO!!" could and will likely offend our fellow member.
    Whoaa! there "Einstein." Don't drag me into your reading miscomprehension. Flo's comment came before anyone mentioned any boyfriends or sexy gay action. Accordingly, I inferred, apparently correctly, the his comment had to do with SVI's persistent and bizarre audio misconceptions.

    Learn how to read before being so on guard.

  16. #16
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,243
    I've got to admit, this is an equal opportunity augmentative site. We'll fight about anything at any time, for any, or no reason at all. We can take any comment and twist it into meaning something completely different than what it was originally meant as.

    Hi Spanky, Welcome back. Tell us more about your speakers any why you like those best. Do you have any upgrade plans?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  17. #17
    Forum Regular Florian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,959
    Even if i get shot for this.....here goes a quote from Slumpbuster
    F it! I'll say it... I've been all over this here "internets" (to quote W) and this thread is the best thing ever written anywhere at anytime on any subject. It tears at the fabric of my reality. It is literary, yet banal. It is surreal, yet familiar.

    I was first reminded of Sartre's "No Exit." But, then I realized it was Beckett's "Waiting for Godot." Last line of the play: "Let's go." "Yes, let's go." (Stage direction: They do not move.)

    All I can say is I'm copying this ***** to my clipboard and shopping it to publishers.

    Read this new guys..... Out of 4





    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

  18. #18
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Don't worry. You won't get shot. It simply had to be said

  19. #19
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127

    By the way, SVI

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I have decided and returned back the Tascam VL-S21 and got back the other pair of monitors I had before. The reason why is that for the price I think that the Ediro MA-7A monitors were actualy more flatter than the Tascam's. I think the reason why that the Tascam's are not as flat as Edirol's is because Tascam's use a sub to make the bass and usualy subs put out alot more bass than normal pair of monitors.
    I think self-powered monitors are a good idea; if I were starting from scratch, I'd give them serious consideration.

    Personally I'd like some thing like these Genelec's, unfortunately they're in a whole different price range from my speakers or the Tascams for that matter.

    http://www.genelecusa.com/ht/products/ht312a/ht312a.php

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •