Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Question I allways woundered about this

Is the JBL S26 a near field or mid field monitor?

Forum Regular
    If you don't get a satisfactory reply, why not contact JBL or Harman International and ask them?

Jasmit Nobody replies to Spanking Vanilla Ice because he does'nt take advice .He comes back and forth with the same question .He's a waste of time .Pat.P

Forum Regular
    Thanks Pat. I am familiar with his posting history. As best I can tell, there's nothing intentionally mischievous about his postings. He may not have as complete a grasp of audio as many others on this forum and he may not be as erudite as many but I don't think he's trolling. And I've never seen him become unfriendly, sarcastic or antagonistic -- even in the face of some less than friendly comments toward him.

Install them 1 foot from your face, they are near field.

Install them on the other side of the room, they are mid field.

Install them in Yankee stadium, they are center field.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    one hot guy ready to take it up the poop shoot.
    I bet it gets tough for gay guys in Omaha.

BTW, I think those JBLs are noise-cancelling in the nearfield and noise-making in the outfield. I'm not sure what they are in the corn field.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Install them 1 foot from your face, they are near field.

Install them on the other side of the room, they are mid field.

Install them in Yankee stadium, they are center field.
    I hope the JBL's play better in center field than they play music - and better than the "I shoulda retired last season" Bernie Williams.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    I hope the JBL's play better in center field than they play music - and better than the "I shoulda retired last season" Bernie Williams.

...Last season???

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Can we stay on topic people.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Jbl

RGA I own a few JBL product and they do sound pretty good.You probably insulted a few of us out here .JBL have many years of experience and do put alot of R&D reseach.When it comes to their higher-end and Pro sound they are hard to beat .Most concert or Cinema Theater I go to have JBL.The Church I attend also have them all over .Pat.P

Forum Regular
    I own a pair of jbl's (e80's). they arent the best speakers i have herd in my life but still kill all other floor standing speakers in their price range. the quality of their speakers only go up as the prices do and they are fairly priced....i got my e80s for 350$ with free shipping!!!!

Like i usually say, there are different classes of speakers and JBL makes different lines. Nothing State of the Art in my opinion for personal use. They do make professional Theater speakers and profesional monitors for mixing. I am sure they pump out some good semi-bass which impresses in a circuit city or at home, but their home stuff just doesnt cut for an audio/equipment-phile. But then again, all the new Infinity, Polk and Warfdale stuff dont either in my book.

To the question, there are speakers made specifically for near and farfield listening and they have different dispersion characteristics. For his flaming question i would say contact JBL and ask since none here incl. me seem to know the answere and/or are willing to help you since your posts are generally worthless and you dont ever respond to a single person but only repeat the question over and over again.

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Just as a certain golden age name affixed "Studio Standard" to the most...

...mundane,barely home audio worthy equipment, calling a speaker a "monitor" doesn't mean that any self respecting studio would use it as such.

...can you say "marketing gimmick", kiddies?

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    RGA I own a few JBL product and they do sound pretty good.You probably insulted a few of us out here .JBL have many years of experience and do put alot of R&D reseach.When it comes to their higher-end and Pro sound they are hard to beat .Most concert or Cinema Theater I go to have JBL.The Church I attend also have them all over .Pat.P
    Umm It's a joke people - yikes. Must be Yankee Fans

Umm It's a joke people - yikes. Must be Yankee Fans
    Sorry no time for baseball .I only enjoy listening to music on my JBL,Dahlquist ,Paradigm,Energy,Axiom,ect ect.Stutend Teacher with sense of humour Umm.Pat.P

Forum Regular
    what kinda of jbl and energy's do u have? i got e80s and i had the c-1s...they were nice little speakers and these e80s rock the house

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpreusser
    what kinda of jbl and energy's do u have? i got e80s and i had the c-1s...they were nice little speakers and these e80s rock the house
    I have the Energy XL16,JBL E10,PB8 sub ,EC25 center chanel.Im have the Energy with a Axiom small center (son room).Pat.P

Forum Regular
    how do the axioms sound....i have her a lot about them but am discouraged to buy them since i can only get them from the retail store.... are they worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpreusser
    how do the axioms sound....i have her a lot about them but am discouraged to buy them since i can only get them from the retail store.... are they worth the money?
    I bought around 2 years ago its their VP ZERO 3 1/2 aluminium drver,1"titanium tweeter 125 watts.This small center as alot of puch for its size.I bought it from a audio retailer that use to sell for Axiom before they went web only.It was my first center channel,after bought Paradigm Stylus center ,now Im using a JBL .Im in a process of making my own ,still waiting for the crossover .This is the route Im taking know ,more option on what I want .Pat.P

Forum Regular
    i was wondering more on their bookself or floorstanding modles...but thanks anyway

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Is the JBL S26 a near field or mid field monitor?
    If you right click and save this PDF file from JBL:

http://manuals.harman.com/jbl/hom/Owner's%20Manual/S38%20STUDIO%20SERIES%20om.pdf

This speaker is in their "Studio Series" intended for domestic use. It does not appear to be intended for Pro Monitoring use in a recording studio, so listening distance is not that critical.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    Did you notice that it says studio monitor on the owners manual? So isnt the Studio Series studio monitors? Do you see were it says owners guide look at the botton of that part you will see it say professional reference: studio monitor.

Jasmit, any more questions on Pat's response?

Did you notice that it says studio monitor on the owners manual? So isnt the Studio Series studio monitors? Do you see were it says owners guide look at the botton of that part you will see it say professional reference: studio monitor.
    If he doesn't like the answers he gets he just keeps on keepin' on. In this case, he's received some valid and truthful answers but chooses to ignore them.

As I've always said, ignorance can be rectified with enlightenment if one's mind is open to it. If ones mind is not open to that, then it leads to arrogance and/or stupidity depending on the mental capabilites and/or maturity level of the person in question

Go to www.jbl.com. Locate under which category you find your speakers. Is it "Home Audio" or "JBL Pro"?

The answer to that question will answer yours. Marketing terms are meaningless.

rw

Forum Regular
    I worked for CBS' tape manufacturing facility in Terre Haute IN from 1976 - 1981. I was responsible for EQ alignment of recording and playback equipment. In both our mastering rooms (Quadrophonic 8-track, 2-channel cassette) and in our A/B rooms we used 4 JBL Studio Monitors which had a 15" woofer and a horn tweeter with L91 acoustic lens. Amplification was provided by McIntosh 2125 amps. Our QC booths used JBL bookshelf 'L' series speakers, McIntosh 5150s (or MC40 tube) and Nakamishi 1000, 700, or Z82 cassette decks. At the time these were some of the best speakers on the market. The speakers were huge, about the size of a Klipsch LaScala and they were hung from the ceiling in the corners of 15'x15' rooms. I don't think JBL is as big a name as they were in the 70s, but they're far from being garbage. I wouldn't consider these near-field monitors, but they were used in a near-field application with very good results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information