Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt bass08
    basite i noticed when placing the subwoofer in the corner it vibrated all my walls. i whent outside to have a listen and you could really hear the bass.but like i said i was watching a programme and they said dont place subwoofers in corners becasue you will get a booming sound and it will sound unnatural.but i kind of like the feeling of vibrations when placed in corners the bass was really strong .

trust me, you will more like the bass going trough you than trough your walls.

bass isn't supposed to be 'bossy', it's supposed to be detailed and subtle, and when you turn it up, it should still be like that. 50 hz shakes things, 20 hz shakes you.

'booming' is considered being disortion. bad speaker design also causes booming, but with decent speakers, booming is mostly generated by standing waves (reflections). placing stuff in a corner will cause more reflections.

Sgt. Bass, are your subs ported or sealed? if ported, front or rear? (which subs are they, btw...)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by basite

bass isn't supposed to be 'bossy', it's supposed to be detailed and subtle, and when you turn it up, it should still be like that. 50 hz shakes things, 20 hz shakes you.

'booming' is considered being disortion. bad speaker design also causes booming, but with decent speakers, booming is mostly generated by standing waves (reflections). placing stuff in a corner will cause more reflections.

Sgt. Bass, are your subs ported or sealed? if ported, front or rear? (which subs are they, btw...)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    That depends on the genre. Clean bass isn't important for techno music.
    Generally dance DJs have their own equipment that is very different to the detailed audiophile stuff. Two completely different concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuro

you'd be suprised...

and DJ equipment doesn't nessecarily 'boom', it's how you use it, and make the music. when I hear 'jump' music (which is what kids like these days, don't like it myself, I think it's crap.), I think those who made it should be ashamed. I mean, it sounds like some 12 year old kid was bored and then just made some crap on his pc, using seriously clipped 100hz tones and calling it 'bass'!

Do you like Trentemoller? if so, I can guarantee you that it sounds waaaaaay better without the booming...

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    basite i have had many different subwooofers.from down firing to forward firing.the last subwoofer i had was a mordaunt short forward firing. it was ported on the rear .i noticed when i had my mordaunt short subwoofer it was alot better in the corner.then my yamaha subwoofer wich was down firing .but trust me. but a forward firing subwoofer in a corner and the bass lines hit you hard . why you ask
    I Perfer To Feel Bass On My Chest Then Not To Feel It At All

Generally dance DJs have their own equipment that is very different to the detailed audiophile stuff. Two completely different concepts.
    it depends on whats in your room and the foundations in your house.i like techno and i wont my bass to be clean and powerful. when you try to move a speakers or subwoofer to different areas it amazing how the sound wave bounce off obstacle and give different feelings and echoes.i woud love to set up some powerful subwoofers in a complete empty room that would be nice to feel sound waves freely with no furniture. then a room with furniture in and feel the sound waves again.

Forum Regular
    Maybe I used the wrong words. What I meant is that you will not find the likes of Rotel or Wharfedale in a techno believer house, but Gemini instead.

Not http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/model.php?model_id=128
    But http://www.geminidj.com/gx200.html

Not http://www.rotel.com/UK/products/Pro...ails.htm?Id=42
    But http://cms.omnitronic.de/index.php?o...gtree=A1004202

They sound very different.

Maybe I used the wrong words. What I meant is that you will not find the likes of Rotel or Wharfedale in a techno believer house, but Gemini instead.

Not http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/model.php?model_id=128
    But http://www.geminidj.com/gx200.html

Not http://www.rotel.com/UK/products/Pro...ails.htm?Id=42
    But http://cms.omnitronic.de/index.php?o...gtree=A1004202

They sound very different.
    they sound different i know .the gemin or any pa speakers sound horrible to quailty home speakers pa speaker are just made to go lound and bleed your ears.but booming is caused by bass that is not breathing .due to the wrong positioning .why are you comparing pa speakers to home speakers. to pervent booming try to move speakers away or towards walls to get the right sound .

Forum Regular
    I just said that these aren't mean to sound 'clean' or 'tight'. Back to the topic I'll try different positioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information