Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I thought I would show the stands in use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Good budget speaker stands-006-ar.jpg   Good budget speaker stands-001-ar.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Nice room!

Thanks Adam. Be it ever so humble there is no place like home.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Here are some DIY stands. I am definitely going to make a pair of these.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/home-theate...er-stands.html

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Nice JM!!! I lke the cleanliness of that room.

How far apart are the speakers from each other and from the back? Also, how far back do you sit and what is the size of the room?.

The stands look shorter than mine...they look below ear level, but im sure they are ear level seeing how much you enjoy this hobby.

I will get a picture of mine with the stand in this thread soon....keep in mine I have only a point and shoot...And Mickey has a hard time listening from his position...he needs a front row seat.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Man...I can see you sitting there in your sweet spot sipping some good wine, and Micky looking right at you getting mad wondering why you got him over there not being able to enjoy the music....or the wine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    Nice JM!!! I lke the cleanliness of that room.

How far apart are the speakers from each other and from the back? Also, how far back do you sit and what is the size of the room?.

The stands look shorter than mine...they look below ear level, but im sure they are ear level seeing how much you enjoy this hobby.

I will get a picture of mine with the stand in this thread soon....keep in mine I have only a point and shoot...And Mickey has a hard time listening from his position...he needs a front row seat.

My stands are 22 inches tall and the front baffles are angled about 5 degrees so the balance is very nice. The room is 12 ft at the wall where I have the speakers. The speakers are about 7 ft apart.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    That's actually the old J-series. They were discontinued a few years ago. I recall that those stands (at least in the US) cost over $200. I use a pair of 18" Premier S-series stands that cost about $120/pair. After filling them with sand, they're very solid and stable. Paradigm doesn't list the speaker stands on their website anymore, but I believe you can still order them through Paradigm's dealers. I also saw the 30" S-series stands sold online for $150.
    I believe I bought them from Ovation Audio in Indianapolis IN. I believe they were over $200, but I was able to talk him down to about $150. I lucked out on another pair on ebay I got for $45. Mine are also sand-filled and are pretty heavy and dead.

I bought them for the look. They are more pleasing to the eye than most other stands. Very few I've seen have the WAF as these. I've bought others and even built my own oak stands for my Klipsch Kg4s, but the Premiers are still the best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    My stands are 22 inches tall and the front baffles are angled about 5 degrees so the balance is very nice. The room is 12 ft at the wall where I have the speakers. The speakers are about 7 ft apart.
    Looks inviting. Mine are actually 26" and about 9 ft apart. I may bring mine in to 7 and see what it does for them. Canton recommends no toe in, but I have them at about 5 degrees as well.

Looks inviting. Mine are actually 26" and about 9 ft apart. I may bring mine in to 7 and see what it does for them. Canton recommends no toe in, but I have them at about 5 degrees as well.

It is the front baffle that is slanted back 5 degrees. Nothing to do with toe-in.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Charm Thai™
    Definitely like the SF 22's stands better than the Sanus Euros as far as looks goes. Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    It is the front baffle that is slanted back 5 degrees. Nothing to do with toe-in.
    Oh my bad...

Oh my bad...

Or my bad with poor description.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Forum Regular
    Slant them & toe them in until the image snaps into focus........

Quote Originally Posted by Mash View Post
    Slant them & toe them in until the image snaps into focus........

Of course if you slant your speakers your stands might be too tall as I found with my speakers when only the front baffle was slanted.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information