Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    Yo dog,

I find it hard to believe that some enthusiasts would buy speakers that don't do justice to the interior decor. If one has a dedicated listening room, then I think it is ok to buy that absolute ugliest speaker that is fantastic at its job.

Would anybody here buy a pink sofa set to showcase in their living room?

THOB

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the hand of boredom
    Yo dog,

I find it hard to believe that some enthusiasts would buy speakers that don't do justice to the interior decor. If one has a dedicated listening room, then I think it is ok to buy that absolute ugliest speaker that is fantastic at its job.

Would anybody here buy a pink sofa set to showcase in their living room?

THOB
    What's wrong with Pink Maybe some of us want a career as a pimp.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    What's wrong with Pink Maybe some of us want a career as a pimp.
    P.I.M.P.in' ain't easy. <>

THOB

Forum Regular

I'd take the ugliest

If they sounded the best, I'd take the ugliest speakers on the planet. When I listen seriously, I turn off the lights and get lost in the sound. How they look is not at all important, at least during listening. If they look cool to boot, it's a bonus but sound first, for me.
    Bill

Hi guys

i think it's a mixture of many things...of course, sound comes first...but, I think that many times you don't have to pick between one or the other...having all form...or all function. In many cases I think form follows function. Where the design ideas for function lead to the final form. Which you may or may not like.

If your lucky...I think some of us may approach form=function. But, I think we grow to appreciate the form of something because of our appreciation of the function (which is what brought us to like the thing in the first place)...and while form may equal function for us...the form may be unacceptable to many. Which would stand to reason (in reverse) why many people believe their small Bose Cubes equate to the same outcome of form=function (for them). They get all the function they want (or need) in a form that they like.

I mean...come on. The speakers I made sound dang stinkin' good! But are they an attractive speakers? No...not really. Do I think they look great in the living room? You betcha! I just love listening and looking at them big 'ol speakers (luckily, so does the wife). But, unless you can appreciate the function these things provide...I don't think most of the consumers in the world would say my speakers are acceptable to have in their house.

If your lucky...I think some of us may approach form=function...for ourselves

enjoy the music!

Forum Regular

Well said Fish.

Even though most of us on this forum couldn't
    comprehend that Bose AMs equate to Form=Function,
    people who don't understand speakers or can't
    hear the difference in speakers [which is my wife,
    my family, her family, and all my friends with exception
    of a couple] like the Bose AMs and think that
    big speakers or even bookshelfs are just the same as
    Bose... only the're BIGGER.

So far I have been able to dodge the idea of going Bose AM small.
    I like my B&W 302s... even though they are not expensive... they
    are pleasant to my ears.

I think a compromise that may work would be to get bookshelfs that are the same size or a tad bit smaller... but get them in a color other than Black.
    Even the grill can't be Black. Something about the classic stereotypical (LOL) Black Box with Grill that probably makes the Interior Decorator people roll their eyes.
    j

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information