Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Where's a picture of your chair Flo? Do you listen standing up? All that great gear in that nice room and not one picture of your chair. What's the matter, are you ashamed of your chair? Your rig looks wonderful! I'm sure it sounds better than it looks.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Thank you all, and yes there are some very good systems out there!
    To Feanor: I can use my laptop for testing that. Maybe ill buy one of those SB's next month for the fun of it. But i has to be wireless. I cant stand cables anymore :-)
    Good for you, Florian, and I mean that sincerely. I'm one of those guys more than twice your age, but I'll never own a system as good as yours.

Try the SB, even if you don't think the sound is up to much, you'll be better for knowing about it. On the other hand, you might be pleasantly surprised. Of course, try it through your fancy DAC as well as with the build-in one. Wireless seems to be OK for most people, though I had quite a few drop outs when I accessed my HD with the music files that way.

Yeah, looks are great

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Flo, you have struck that balance between proper audio setup and modern decor, to a tee..
    Very nice system. You are proof to everyone that a good sounding system can look as good as it sounds - and let's face it, looks ARE important.
    I'm still waiting for my second new preamp to arrive, the McIntosh C712 -- getting really PO'd with Canada Post; should have gone UPS despite the exhorbidant brokerage fees. Think I'm going to love the Mac look; I'm already thinking of getting one their power amps. You know, with the big, blue glowing meters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally....the peace of mind-mc7270_front_06.jpg  

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I love the glass faces on the McIntosh gear...big ol' VU meters...and no remotes...they still haven't abandonned that approach....congrats on your purchase.

Great job Flo. I won't even entertain the idea that you are done. So I ask, what will be next?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by PHiX
    Holy crap, did you win a lottery, full time pimp or deal drugs being able to afford all that??
    I pimped out computer systems with watercooling, LED's, Liquid Nitrogen cooling and went on shows and made some money. Currently i design, build and plan computer networks up to 150 clients. So most of my money comes from that. Now i work in a Hotel and study on the side.

Either way, it looks great.... and expensive.
    Thanks, i am happy with the result too. And sonically its exeptional.
    I hope you wont marry a girl who wants to replace it with a bose system.
    Over my dead body ;-)
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Flo, you have struck that balance between proper audio setup and modern decor, to a tee..
    Very nice system. You are proof to everyone that a good sounding system can look as good as it sounds - and let's face it, looks ARE important.
    Thank you Kex! I agree that the optical presentation is a major factor in the enjoyment of music. I will make some more pictures of how i listen (different light setting) and try to capture that.

Cheers

Flo

Very nice set-up and man your clean.The only thing I could say is the plants "If you cant smoke it dont grow it" Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Where's a picture of your chair Flo? Do you listen standing up? All that great gear in that nice room and not one picture of your chair. What's the matter, are you ashamed of your chair? Your rig looks wonderful! I'm sure it sounds better than it looks.
    Hehe, actually i could listen standing up and the sound wont change a bit ;-) But i made a picture of my seating just for you Thanks for the compliments, it took a lot of work too.

Cheers

Flo

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Very nice set-up and man your clean.The only thing I could say is the plants "If you cant smoke it dont grow it" Cheers
    Thank you Pat, my secret stash is behind the dividers ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Good for you, Florian, and I mean that sincerely. I'm one of those guys more than twice your age, but I'll never own a system as good as yours.
    Thanks you Feanor. I am very overwhelmed at this system and i sometimes do not understand how i got so lucky.

Try the SB, even if you don't think the sound is up to much, you'll be better for knowing about it. On the other hand, you might be pleasantly surprised. Of course, try it through your fancy DAC as well as with the build-in one. Wireless seems to be OK for most people, though I had quite a few drop outs when I accessed my HD with the music files that way.
    I will give that device a try. I need to find a dealer for it in Germany.

Cheers

Flo

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Great job Flo. I won't even entertain the idea that you are done. So I ask, what will be next?
    Thanks GM!

My next step will be the bigger Class A model from my current Amplifier in the next month. After that, the Lyngdorf Audio TDA2200 (real digital room correction). The Behringer is a fine toy and helpfull but the real devices are the next level. And thats what i am saving up too. Other then that, a new Turntable, most likely a used Goldmund T3F-Studio and of course a bigger room :-)

But i am not in a state where i have to rush with it, but can gradually step up-

Cheers

Flo

Update

Thank you all for the (to me) supresinly lively outcome of comments and Greetings! I am really happy about that! My visitor from Holland (a forum member) will write about his trip to my little place in bavaria with some more pictures. Also he stumbled upon something that i am sure he will share here ;-)

In the meantime here is one more picture of the updated equipment layout and a picture of myself.

Cheers to all

-Flo

Once again Flo, KILLER SYSTEM! A pair of killer chairs to match and support that killer sound is all you need. You do realize you have brought out a little green in all of us. It is however, good green.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Over my dead body ;-)
    who on earth is still stupid enough to choose some crappy bose system over that??

and btw: creative interpretation of a chair, i'm using my bed as a chair

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    who on earth is still stupid enough to choose some crappy bose system over that??

and btw: creative interpretation of a chair, i'm using my bed as a chair
    Well, the customer who wants a small and functional music system should definetly not buy something like i have. I dont think there is a person who would pic a BOSE system over any High End company based on sonics.

Cheers

Flo

Up & Coming Bottlehead jt1stcav's Avatar
    Lakeland, inbetween Tampa and Orlando, Florida
    Flo, your system is a work of art as well. I've always believed in aesthetics, even if I sit in my sweet spot and listen to my music with my eyes closed. But no matter the gear, it can still look just as impressive as it sounds if laid out correctly in your room, and you have definately achieved that!

Wish I was stationed in Ludwigsburg now instead of the early '80s...would love to pay you a visit and hear what this great system is capable of.

Enjoy.
    ~ Jim Tidwell ~

"Uh, jazz flute is for little fairy boys." - Veronica Corningstone

Quote Originally Posted by jt1stcav
    Flo, your system is a work of art as well. I've always believed in aesthetics, even if I sit in my sweet spot and listen to my music with my eyes closed. But no matter the gear, it can still look just as impressive as it sounds if laid out correctly in your room, and you have definately achieved that!

Wish I was stationed in Ludwigsburg now instead of the early '80s...would love to pay you a visit and hear what this great system is capable of.

Enjoy.
    Thanks! I am moving very soon with my new speakers so maybe you have to make the tip ;-) I have many reservations already incl. 15 visitors from Holland

some day when i'm outta high school, i'm gonna buy a plane ticket and scoot on over there to drool over your system...well, i'll bring a bucket so i don't short anything out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information