ride a jet ski
Co-worker finally decided on a 2.1 setup
Some of you may recall over the last few months, me and a co-worker drove around Raleigh Durham hitting every audio shop we could find.
Well, after countless demo sessions and working Crutchfield's return policy to death, he decided on the following for a small room.
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 10s in Rose
Sub: Sunfire True Super Jr (1500 watts dual sub)
My Quick Notes:
- For a $7 return shipping fee, Crutchfield is a great place to audition speakers in your home. Fast and friendly service!
- Energy Veritas speakers were a huge letdown. Only their build quality was up there
- Revel Concerta M12s are fantastic for the money, but too large and boring for his taste
- Paradigm makes some great sounding and looking speakers
- Klipsch speakers cause headaches
- Aerial Acoustics are wonderful sounding speakers, but are pricey (they were/are my favorite up to $1500/pair we demo'd)
I had a pair of Aerial Acoustics Model 5's which sounded darn good but at 4 ohms and 83bd they were power pigs. I believe the designer lives in the Raleigh Durham area.
ride a jet ski
Your right on both...they are power hungry like the Totems we listened to...and the AA guy did grow up here and attended NC State, but I understand he lives and works in the New England area.
Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
Did you try PSB Speakers? Crutchfield started stocking them. IMO a little better then the Paradigms in most price points.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)