AR Newbie Registered Member

SF Domus Grand Piano

Hi all,

Anyone heard the latest Sonus Faber Domus Grand Piano so far?

Would appreciate if you could pleave some comments or views.

Many Thanks!

Cheers

Forum Regular
    I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.

Hi JonW,

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask what other gears were the SF Domus Grand Piano paired up with?

Many Thanks!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonW
    I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.

Forum Regular
    I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.

Thanks JonW. Appreciate it!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonW
    I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.

Thread Information