SF Domus Grand Piano

Printable View

• 08-07-2005, 11:11 PM
    pingpong
    SF Domus Grand Piano
    Hi all,

Anyone heard the latest Sonus Faber Domus Grand Piano so far?

Would appreciate if you could pleave some comments or views.

Many Thanks!

Cheers
  • 08-08-2005, 07:06 AM
    JonW
    I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.
  • 08-08-2005, 07:55 AM
    pingpong
    Hi JonW,

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask what other gears were the SF Domus Grand Piano paired up with?

Many Thanks!

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonW
    I had a good listen last week. Clear and fine all around. You don't notice that they are there. But I also found them to not draw me in, either. Just nothing there. No magic. It's pretty subjective, I guess. For comparison, I found the Linn Ninkas to be MUCH more to my tastes- very crisp highs and mids, drew me in. That's what I like. And luckily the Ninkas are half the price of the SF's. Both speakers need a sub to be really great. I'm guessing others may say the SF's are the greatest speaker ever. We shall see.

• 08-08-2005, 08:22 AM
    JonW
    I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.
  • 08-08-2005, 08:25 AM
    pingpong
    Thanks JonW. Appreciate it!

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonW
    I think it was just an Arcam AVR300 running everything. And the CD player was some fancy Arcam unit that plays both CD's and DVD's- sorry,I forget which one.