Thread: B&W602 s3

Forum Regular

Exclamation B&W602 s3

to all B&W fans,
    which is the suitable receiver for the B&W602? i would like to purchase Denon AVR2106, AVR2807?????. or any receiver which can drive the powerful B&W602?. advise , tq..

Quote Originally Posted by jedi
    to all B&W fans,
    which is the suitable receiver for the B&W602? i would like to purchase Denon AVR2106, AVR2807?????. or any receiver which can drive the powerful B&W602?. advise , tq..
    I have the 601s and have auditioned the 600 and 700 line on various components and will say that B&W speakers are really effecient and should be just fine with a Denon or equivalent. You'll always itch for more power, but the speakers themselves will be just fine.

nightflier
    Have you considered seperates? A new stand-alone amp from Anthem, Outlaw, or Adcom will do these speakers far more justice.

Ditto what Paul said. B&W's 600 series speakers present an easier load on the amplifier than their higher series speakers do. With the DM602s, either of the receivers you listed will work fine with them. B&Ws higher series speakers have a lower and more variable impedance, which makes it easier to overwork and overload the amplifier, and less suitable for a home theater receiver.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Vinyl fan
    I don't own 602s but I do have 603s (and 600s) and as others have said, they are pretty easy to drive. I am currently using a Denon receiver which works just fine.

In the interest of complete honesty I am looking at upgrading my ampflification, but that's just a case of upgraditis I've got, nothing that I *need* to do.

Bill

golden ear
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Have you considered seperates? A new stand-alone amp from Anthem, Outlaw, or Adcom will do these speakers far more justice.
    i agree with nighflier..separate components would push your speaker to its optimum level of performance. the 602 is a very nice sounding speaker and i think receivers alone might not bring out the full potential out of them. rotel is actually the tandem electronics for b&w but you may of course try out other makers like adcom, anthem, nad.

Thread Information