AR Newbie Registered Member

Any word on CSW Newton HD speakers??

Last summer I read a cnet review of Cambridge Soundworks' MC600HD loudspeakers and the HD P300HD Subwoofer. Cnet absolutely raved about their performance. They hadn't been released at the time of the review (10-19-06) so there were no customer reviews.

I just got the bug to spec/price out an ideal A/V system for myself so again I'm searching, and still nothing....? Did these speakers just fall off the radar?

I go to the CSW website and they offer model MC650HD which appear identical but again there is nothing on the web about them either. So I'm just wondering if anyone has heard these?

Thanks for any feedback.

Cnet review here.

Never heard these particular models but CSW is well known for their bang-for-the-buck status. Founded by the late Henry Kloss (of AR and Advent fame), they are structured a bit different under Logitech than when they first started in the '80's. Still, they seem to have stuck with their founder's guiding priciples and produce very good speakers at great prices. I have a CSW clock radio and bought my dad a full CSW Newton HT a few years back. It sounds very good and was a killer price.

Keep in mind, CSW has a 30 day return guarantee so you can easily demo them in your own home and decide if you like them or not.

Hope this helps.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks, this does help. However, perhaps I'm too noob for searching for good reviews on quality A/V speakers but I just found it suspect that CNET gave them a rave review and you could find them in the top editors picks at the time and then when i search 9 months later I find absolutely NO customer feedback regarding CSW's "top-of-the-line" home theater system. Surely someone has them but they're just not on any forums.

I am looking to build a system that would hang-- at least the display and RLC channels-- on a stone fireplace. I can throw a picture in at some point, but the design of these speakers really sparked my interest; especially combined with their great review.

I may bump this a couple more times in the next weeks just to see if anyone is familiar.

Thanks again.

Thread Information