Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All together

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    The past? You mean like the 40's or 50's?

Actually I enjoy remembering my 20's and 30's more. Now that I am in my 50's I am busy enjoying my partners 30's.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    Shoot! You're older than me JM!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Actually I enjoy remembering my 20's and 30's more. Now that I am in my 50's I am busy enjoying my partners 30's.
    I've read that 30 goes into 50 more times than 50 goes into 30. Is that correct?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    I've read that 30 goes into 50 more times than 50 goes into 30. Is that correct?

That is correct sir!
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Shoot! You're older than me JM!

I will be 52 this March.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    Okay, I'm getting too many numbers here. Please stop!

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar
    I traded my BX5a with the Roland DS-30A today and I really like how the DS-30A sounds. Plus they have digital inputs and also HF Trim and LF Trim in the back for room adjustments.
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

Here are some pics of my Roland DS-30A digital monitors I use for just music listening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All together-img_0393.jpg   All together-img_0394.jpg   All together-img_0395.jpg   All together-img_0409.jpg  
    Last edited by SpankingVanillaice; 02-05-2008 at 07:31 AM.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Here are some pics of my Roland DS-30A digital monitors.
    Very handson speakers there Spank. I hope they help you to enjoy your music more than ever.
    By the way, what kind of music do you listen to?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I returned the Rolands since it was making a loud buzzing noise and it was driving me crazy. But here are pics of my orginal monitors I ordered off the net. These are the M-Audio BX5a.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All together-img_0413.jpg   All together-img_0414.jpg   All together-img_0415.jpg  
    Dallas's Forums

Suspended
    "A loud buzzing noise"? Were the BX's making a loud buzzing noise too?

No the BX5a doesn't make any noise so I didn't know why it was making noise. Some people said it could be the cable but if that's the case then why some guys say that the DS-30A makes amp noise. But I know that the BX5a doesn't have any of those noises since right now I have been using them and I hear nothing only my music so that's good.
    Dallas's Forums

I know that all Edirol and M-Audio monitors I used didn't have any buzzing noise. Even the small compac AV-20 sounded really good and clear with no noise which is amazing since they are soo small and compac and very affordable. I really did like the AV-20 since they are small and portable but I do have to say that they are quite heavy for a porable speaker since they are built really durable and good components are used inside.
    Dallas's Forums

Digital sounds like crap anyway, you want analog for your sound.

The buzzing was likely a problem with the ground on the Roland's IEC cord. A 25 cent cheater plug that removes the ground (that's the cylindrical one, Spank) and changes the cord from a 3 prong to a 2 prong would probably fix the problem.

BTW Spanky, all music is analog by the time it reaches your ears. You simply decide if you want the digital signal converted to analog by your cdp, receiver, or in your case with active speakers, at the speaker. Technically speaking, there is less chance for signal degradation by running digital ic's to the speaker as opposed to regular speaker wire for long runs. However, who's to say the DAC's in the speakers are as good as those in your cdp?

Suspended
    Get all that SVI?

I think you should go get your Roland's back.

Well actualy I made a deal with the owner of Keyboard Castle and said I want to trade in with the M-Audio BX5a monitors I have with the M-Audio AV-20 to get some money back and then I can save that money and get something else like headphones or a expansion pack for The Sims 2 called Season so I can get all 4 seasons on my game. I' am a PC gamer and I also know alot about computers. I' am also into audio and pro audio like studio monitors as you know. I like listening to music alot and I listen to allkinds of music but not into country or oldies. My fav types of music are Alternative rock, Jazz, Pop, Techno, Hip Hop and some Rap. For games I like my fav games are The Sims 2, Doom 3, StarCraft and Quake 4. The current expansion packs I have are University and Pets and Open Business for The Sims 2 and now I want to get Seasons since then I have have the 4 seasons. After that I can get the other ones they have so I can complete my game and get the most out of them.
    Dallas's Forums

I really think that the M-Audio AV-20 are good enough for me since they played really clear and flat response like most studio monitors are plus they are portable and compac. They are kinda heavy for there size but that means they are built well and durable and that's very good since if I took good care of them they will last long time.
    Dallas's Forums

I hope "Chief" leaves you and Nurse Ratchet when he makes a run for it!!!!!!!

I cannot possibly imagine any company that would hire a gay dinosaur loving IT beeing who shows his lack of any intelligence on a daily basis in one of the largest hifi sites on the internet.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I cannot possibly imagine any company that would hire a gay dinosaur loving IT beeing who shows his lack of any intelligence on a daily basis in one of the largest hifi sites on the internet.

Come on Flo, I think your being too hard on him. I don't think they actually hired him, he works pro bono (or he just hangs around and they can't get rid of him).
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

I used to hang around in audio stores too and oogle at the stuff i couldnt afford back then, but even i had some respect. To me, he is just a spam bot

Every now and then i look at this site and think to myself that this would be a pretty cool place to hang out, then i see this idiot and my range goes overboard. Where the heck i s a real site admin who filters this? Or did this "ignoring and money grabbing" with Ericl begin like i said it would? I remeber when i started to build the planar section... i needed some help and couldn't get it from NO moderator on this site. Now its all just sitting there like a dead duck.

How much is it to buy this site?
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..................Oh, sorry! I fell asleep for a minute and now I'm going to kill myself after reading this thread. Why do you guys even bother responding to this fodder?
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP