AR Newbie Registered Member

Acoustat Spectra 66 or 6600 WTB

Hi there

I have been along time fan of Acoustats and am searching for my ultimate and last speaker purchase..a pr of acoustat 66 or 6600 probably will require shipment , I have been looking for a few years now without any success.

I have a pr of 1+1's and Spectra 4400's for my HT with a pair of Spectra 3's in my dedicated listening room but would like to complete my listening experience with the 66 or 6600's.

I listened to a pair in 1992 but they were outside my price range..now I can afford them..none to be found..

I have found the acoustats to be the best speakers that I like to listen to and are extremely musical and alluring. Anyone else agree with me on the sounds of the acoustat..few speakers in the under $5000 can compete the sound

Hi gnwt my name is André Sévigny ( MrAcoustat ) i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years you can see my modest system by googling ACOUSTAT FOREVER SYSTEM i now live in a condo so i own a modified pair of 1+1s my friend Jocelyn build them from scratch he owns model 6s in a metal frame covered with mahogany wood just like mine except three times the size and they weigh 600 pounds each he is now building a pair of spectra66s if you wish i will give you is e-mail address if you want he as been with Acoustat's for more than 30 years and his in contact with guys in the USA that use to work for Acoustat's also Ed Meitner from EM LABS he also knows a lot about Acoustats i will try to put a picture of is panels hope it works out

Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Pow

Acoustats.

Hey gnwt,

How are things in Red Deer?
    Use to live in Fernie, but made the move to Summerland.
    I see you have a few pair of Acoustats. Would you like to sell Spectra 4400's?

Feel free to give me a ring.

Bill
    250-494-3001

Pow
    Hey gnwt,

How are things in Red Deer?
    Use to live in Fernie, but made the move to Summerland.
    I see you have a few pair of Acoustats. Would you like to sell Spectra 4400's?

Feel free to give me a ring.

Bill
    250-494-3001

I'll take a pair of those!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Acoustats have been my speakers of choice since 1983. The only things I like better cost enormous amounts of money.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Smile Acoustat 66/6600

Hi there from Red Deer, AB ..spring has finally spung in this part of the Country..I really do enjoy my Acoustats..and don't see myself selling any at this point...unless someone had a pair of 6600's and wanted to downsize to a pair of 4400's ..then I may consider a trade..all my Acoustats are actively in use..the 4400's and 1+1's in my living room and a pair of Spectra 3300's in my family room..but I'll keep your numbers just in case..one never knows what life has in store for any of us..I am even debating if to buy another pr of 4400's should the 6600's not become available..I have owned Acoustats since the late 1970's..have traded them at various points trying to find my audio nirvana..but always come back to the acoustat home..one might say that they are addictive..

Gary

I agree with you about them being addictive.
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    I agree with you about them being addictive.
    Yes Joe very very addictive 25 years and still enjoying mine Acoustat Forever
    Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by MrAcoustat
    Yes Joe very very addictive 25 years and still enjoying mine.
    I enjoyed various models from the X to the Monitor 4 to 2+2s for twenty-eight years before migrating to Sound Labs.

rw

Yeah, but they're still ESL's.
    Long live Dupont for inventing Mylar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    I enjoyed various models from the X to the Monitor 4 to 2+2s for twenty-eight years before migrating to Sound Labs.

rw
    I agre BUT not the same kind of $$$$$$$$$$ the big Soundlabs also NOT the same reliability Acoustat,s are almost bullet proof come to think of it once read an article of a panel with a bullet hole that still played music amazing no.
    Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

I called the factory when Acoustat was in Florida. The receptionist when asked "what happens with a panel fails" replied, "in the last 2years I've been working here we have never had a reported panel failure".

I'm kind of looking for some Spectra 44's or 4400's.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    The receptionist when asked "what happens with a panel fails" replied, "in the last 2years I've been working here we have never had a reported panel failure".
    After twenty four years, however, one of my panels started arcing. The ticking became quite annoying. I did everything I knew to address the issue. By that time, there was no factory support. There was no factory. The panels are quite reliable and will work to a point - after which you must try to find a donor speaker in which to find a functional panel.

I found a far more accurate answer with the Sound Lab product. If you like Acoustats (and I did for nearly thirty years), then you will love Sound Labs. The tonal signature of the Acoustat panels is absent. No longer will you have to keep your head in a vise. If you should have any problems, there remains a company (after thirty years) to support your product.

rw

I am accepting contributions for my "Sound Labs" fund. I'm not proud.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat

rw
    Yes, but for much more money, dollar for dollar, Acoustat's are pretty hard to beat, no i would say they are unbeatable.
    Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

[QUOTE=MrAcoustat]Hi gnwt my name is André Sévigny ( MrAcoustat ) i have been with Acoustat's for more than 25 years you can see my modest system by googling ACOUSTAT FOREVER SYSTEM i now live in a condo so i own a modified pair of 1+1s my friend Jocelyn build them from scratch he owns model 6s in a metal frame covered with mahogany wood just like mine except three times the size and they weigh 600 pounds each he is now building a pair of spectra66s if you wish i will give you is e-mail address if you want he as been with Acoustat's for more than 30 years and his in contact with guys in the USA that use to work for Acoustat's also Ed Meitner from EM LABS he also knows a lot about Acoustats i will try to put a picture of is panels hope it works out

Chord CPM-2600 Amplifier
    Chord One Cd player
    Acoustat 1+1s Speakers

Acoustat Heaven On Earth

Thread Information