Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I have to say something about the moderation of this site... again. Every discussion forum that I've visited always had a slew of moderators. There are only TWO active mods here which just seems rediculous to me.
    Seriously, I agree. We need more mods. Since, we have several very active and respected members on this site, why not just add some of them as mods???

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Seriously, I agree. We need more mods. Since, we have several very active and respected members on this site, why not just add some of them as mods???
    Yeah Rich. When are you going to step up?
    (Or was that what this was all about to begin with?)
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........
    Very well played sir.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yeah Rich. When are you going to step up?
    (Or was that what this was all about to begin with?)
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........
    Very well played sir.

Hhhmmmnn...interesting...does anyone think it coincidence that Rich makes a political powerplay on the same day that P-Sky/SuperPan returns?? Powerbrokers abound.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...554#post245554

Suspended
    Don't be silly. Everywhere except here, a moderator who is assigned to a specific topic forum is supposed to have knowledge of that topic, and I don't profess to have any knowledge of any topic forum. If this site shapes up to resemble just about every other discussion forum out there then that would make me an even less quailfied candidate for a mod postion.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Hhhmmmnn...interesting...does anyone think it coincidence that Rich makes a political powerplay on the same day that P-Sky/SuperPan returns?? Powerbrokers abound.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...554#post245554
    There are no coincidences in life.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Don't be silly. Everywhere except here, a moderator who is assigned to a specific topic forum is supposed to have knowledge of that topic, and I don't profess to have any knowledge of any topic forum. If this site shapes up to resemble just about every other discussion forum out there then that would make me an even less quailfied candidate for a mod postion.
    Now if we just had a thread about Rich guys in Texas, who light their BBQ's w/100$ then we might have a thread for you to moderate.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I would offer to be a mod, but by nature I am very immoderate.

Glad to see there's a command structure still in place at least. Good luck to Mr. Adam and co.

Ajani
    As requested by the 'Deputy' Mod (Rich), I've placed this suggestion in this thread:

Why don't Rep points indicate the sender by default? Sending unsigned rep points seems both absurd and cowardly... If possible, I think the site admin should adjust the rep points system so that it automatically displays the name of the sender...

since I can't make anonymous posts on the forum (well, I don't think I can) then why should I be able to send anonymous rep points?

Suspended
    Good idea, but I hope people aren't taking the rep system too seriously. I don't. I think of it as a fun game like "tag" or "kill the man with the football" from when I was a young lad.

I'm "Deputy Dog" not Mod!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    As requested by the 'Deputy' Mod (Rich), I've placed this suggestion in this thread:

Why don't Rep points indicate the sender by default? Sending unsigned rep points seems both absurd and cowardly... If possible, I think the site admin should adjust the rep points system so that it automatically displays the name of the sender...

since I can't make anonymous posts on the forum (well, I don't think I can) then why should I be able to send anonymous rep points?
    I like this idea...serious or otherwise, it puts some accountabilty and merit in the rep system -
    It's not public for all to see, but you should know who's giving you greenies or red chiclets.

JSE
    Good idea, but I hope people aren't taking the rep system too seriously. I don't. I think of it as a fun game like "tag" or "kill the man with the football" from when I was a young lad.

I'm "Deputy Dog" not Mod!
    Exactly! That's something that seems to have gone over the head of Lex/PS. He thinks we are/were upset because we got red chicklets. At least for me and most likely most others, we are upset because he was too cowardly to sign his name to them. We were upset by his "bad form". He went out of his way to create screen names just to tag people. I could care less if someone give me a red chicklet. Just sign it. I sign mine whether they are green or red.

It all in good fun for most of us. Rich says he wants/begs for red chicklets so we give him as many greens as we can. Granted if he were to asked for greens, he would not get reds. That's freaking fun!

Suspended
    And when Cartman asks for Shiner, I send him Rolling Rock! That's freakin' hilarious!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I like this idea...serious or otherwise, it puts some accountabilty and merit in the rep system -
    It's not public for all to see, but you should know who's giving you greenies or red chiclets.
    For that matter, why aren't I able to see ALL of my rep points, instead of the five latest?

JSE
    And when Cartman asks for Shiner, I send him Rolling Rock! That's freakin' hilarious!

Suspended
    Can you believe I was weened on Rolling Rock? I was almost of legal drinking age, but when I turned 18 and had a choice, I gradiated to Budweiser!

JSE
    Can you believe I was weened on Rolling Rock? I was almost of legal drinking age, but when I turned 18 and had a choice, I gradiated to Budweiser!
    Buttwiper, Rolling Crap................ it's all pisswater.

I just sent a case of "The Beast" your way! And like Whooch hinted to in another thread, I'm eating Mexican again tonight. You better hope for a "Norther" by the end of the day or you ain't gettin much sleep tonight. Those south winds can be a be-atch.

Suspended
    You stink. Literally.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    It's nice to see that even a serious attempt at a serious topic (needing a mod) ends up with a fart joke.

Well played gentlemen. Well played.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    It'll get back on track beef. Trust me. Even if not one of our existing mods, or not one of the "I've heard it all before" old-timers makes an appearance here to help out, I'm determined to keep this going until Adam acknowledges at least a few of our concerns.

Suspended
    I registered over at The Home Theater Shack and let me tell you there were quite a few layers that I had to work through before I got my registration response e-mail. Lots of warnings and disclaimers as well.

Another of the more obvious ways to deter spammers is by not allowing anyone with less than ten posts to include links or signatures. This is a rule just about everywhere but here.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Just to let you know that I'm still alive. I have banished some spamers over the last year, just don't have time to post like I did in the past.

Ericl quit for reason though.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

whattup Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin

Ericl quit for reason though.
    Sounds cryptic...

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

I can't speak for Eric

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Sounds cryptic...
    So you would have to ask him that directly. I did know that he wasn't happy. IMHO he was a great admin for these forums. I see the've never replaced him, so that should tell you something.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Geoff,

How's it going? Long time no post.
    Don't you miss your sparring matches with flo?

Hey y'all,

Just outta curiosity, what exactly are your expectations on this site? I mean there seems to be a bit of a clamor for a new administrator but to what ends?

Regarding the cumbersome qualities of the vBulletin platform, does anyone really think that a new admin is going to initiate radical changes? I've long suspected that the amount of flash ads and data collecting cookies slow thangs down here but given that those are the primary source of income for these characters is there a reasonable suspicion that's going to change?

I've heard alot of calls for an "Introductions" page but in the last several weeks I've seen several new members sign up and start out with fairly transparent titles like "I'm New" and barely get any response at all. Mebbe we should do our part before lookin' to sweep somebody else's porch.

I keep hearin' talk about "leadership"; are we in a competition and I didn't know about it? How strong a leadership role do you expect, or even want, someone to play around here? FWIW, I like the slow and loose style that we have and the last thing I want is every conversation dictated by the prevailing mood of some webmaster...and as for spam, I think E-Stat and John do a commendable job keepin' the place clean. We just need to get 'em some help, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we need Julie McCoy, ship's Entertainment Director around here.

I'm willing to accept that there's multiple viewpoints on this but it just seems to me that everytime we've had some major "upgrade" around here we've actually lost mambers.

Just somethin' to think about...

---sticks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information