Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    VB VA
    Posts
    2,307

    Why so few photos???

    As I looked through a lot of posts here I notice that so few of them that discuss latest pick-ups have photos. Is this because members just don't want to be bothered in posting their gear or is it site restrictions on the size of photos that require you to have to resize almost anything posted? Any thoughts?
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

  2. #2
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    As I looked through a lot of posts here I notice that so few of them that discuss latest pick-ups have photos. Is this because members just don't want to be bothered in posting their gear or is it site restrictions on the size of photos that require you to have to resize almost anything posted? Any thoughts?
    Dunno for sure. I try to use pics a lot personally because I love 'em, and because they help to make my points (or so I imagine).

    Basically there are two ways to show pics on this site:
    • Upload them from you computer. By default they load to your picture gallery, or you can suppress this. These are limited by size depending on format, and size in pixels, I believe max 700x700.
    • Link to an external source: use the 'Insert Image' icon and paste the link -- in this case there is no size restriction. The external source can be your personal site or something like PhotoBucket After many years I finally discovered that you can usually capture a link to most pictures on 3rd party sites: right click on the image, select properties, copy the location link, and paste this link into the 'Insert Image' pop-up.

  3. #3
    Forum Regular frahengeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    178
    If it hasn't been previously started already...why not start a thread on your gear and/or favorite piece??

    Personally, I find photos of vintage gear to be of the most interest. The more recent stuff (which I have), is somewhat boring IMO.
    It's a disease, really.
    -----------------------------------
    Sony
    CDP-X77ES, CDP-X55ES, TA-N90ES, TA-E90ES, 333ESXII
    Denon
    AVP-A1HDCI, POA-A1HDCI, DVD-5910CI, DVD-2500BTCI
    Oppo
    BDP-83
    Sennheiser
    HD800
    Definitive Technology
    BP2000TL, C/L/R 3000, BPX, BP1X
    Pioneer
    Pro-151FD

  4. #4
    Chicago IL
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago ,IL
    Posts
    1,188
    I think is the site restrictions on the photo size!
    First It was bothering me so much that I had to resize the picture every time but now I have a program for that.
    I guess it is the same for all the other members here!

  5. #5
    Chicago IL
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago ,IL
    Posts
    1,188
    I think is the site restrictions on the photo size!
    First It was bothering me so much that I had to resize the picture every time but now I have a program for that.
    I guess it is the same for all the other members here!

  6. #6
    Retro Modernist 02audionoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,908
    I think we should all make a New Year's resolution to post a big photo this year.


  7. #7
    Forum Regular frahengeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    178
    Gorgeous TT. Is that a glass or plexi platter? Don't have a TT myself
    It's a disease, really.
    -----------------------------------
    Sony
    CDP-X77ES, CDP-X55ES, TA-N90ES, TA-E90ES, 333ESXII
    Denon
    AVP-A1HDCI, POA-A1HDCI, DVD-5910CI, DVD-2500BTCI
    Oppo
    BDP-83
    Sennheiser
    HD800
    Definitive Technology
    BP2000TL, C/L/R 3000, BPX, BP1X
    Pioneer
    Pro-151FD

  8. #8
    Retro Modernist 02audionoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by frahengeo
    Gorgeous TT. Is that a glass or plexi platter? Don't have a TT myself
    Thanks. It's a glass platter. The acrylic platters have a white look to them.

  9. #9
    Forum Regular frahengeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    178
    Although uninteresting, it is the unit that gets the most questions like "what is that?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's a disease, really.
    -----------------------------------
    Sony
    CDP-X77ES, CDP-X55ES, TA-N90ES, TA-E90ES, 333ESXII
    Denon
    AVP-A1HDCI, POA-A1HDCI, DVD-5910CI, DVD-2500BTCI
    Oppo
    BDP-83
    Sennheiser
    HD800
    Definitive Technology
    BP2000TL, C/L/R 3000, BPX, BP1X
    Pioneer
    Pro-151FD

  10. #10
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I think we should all make a New Year's resolution to post a big photo this year.

    ...
    Yeah, I like big pics. How about this one of an Outlaw 990 ...


  11. #11
    Forum Regular audio amateur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,523
    Nice TT and Denon amp!

  12. #12
    Forum Regular frahengeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Yeah, I like big pics. How about this one of an Outlaw 990 ...

    Gotta love those XLR outputs. It looks great until you hook it up. Then it looks like this (well at least when I hook it up...), quite messy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's a disease, really.
    -----------------------------------
    Sony
    CDP-X77ES, CDP-X55ES, TA-N90ES, TA-E90ES, 333ESXII
    Denon
    AVP-A1HDCI, POA-A1HDCI, DVD-5910CI, DVD-2500BTCI
    Oppo
    BDP-83
    Sennheiser
    HD800
    Definitive Technology
    BP2000TL, C/L/R 3000, BPX, BP1X
    Pioneer
    Pro-151FD

  13. #13
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    Funny how this thread has gotten off the original topic...

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Dunno for sure. I try to use pics a lot personally because I love 'em, and because they help to make my points (or so I imagine).

    Basically there are two ways to show pics on this site:
    • Upload them from you computer. By default they load to your picture gallery, or you can suppress this. These are limited by size depending on format, and size in pixels, I believe max 700x700.
    • Link to an external source: use the 'Insert Image' icon and paste the link -- in this case there is no size restriction. The external source can be your personal site or something like PhotoBucket After many years I finally discovered that you can usually capture a link to most pictures on 3rd party sites: right click on the image, select properties, copy the location link, and paste this link into the 'Insert Image' pop-up.
    I just tried to post a picture in the other thread started last Sept. about posting pictures: Posting Pictures using the method described by the admin but instead of seeing the picture all that showed was a link to it. So yeah it looks like actual pictures can no longer be displayed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by alandandrew
    Features- Quality Hosting,High Storage, High Bandwidth, Fast Service, and Good Community.
    Keep the site as it is because it is simply the best. Color combination of background and font I like most. Speed of response also the best. No need to any changes.
    Thanks.
    "High Bandwidth", "simply the best", yeah okay. Did I mention alandandrew was suspended not long after that post? His only one? Can we say: TOOL?

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    6,307
    I love this picture. My Krell S-300i sounds as good as it looks. The image downloaded fine with a slight reduction in pixels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

  15. #15
    Shostakovich fan Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Funny how this thread has gotten off the original topic...


    I just tried to post a picture in the other thread started last Sept. about posting pictures: Posting Pictures using the method described by the admin but instead of seeing the picture all that showed was a link to it. So yeah it looks like actual pictures can no longer be displayed here.

    ...
    Actually they can, but only if just one picture is uploaded, otherwise only the links appear.

  16. #16
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    6,777
    I tried two ways to upload one picture here using the same method I used to use. It wouldn't even display a thumbnail, just the link.

    IIRC, AR is down on bandwidth because the mountain biker forum is more active. I'll go find the post by Adam when the spirit moves me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •