Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sophisticated Red Neck manlystanley's Avatar

Why so cheap on increasing reputation??

I have tried to give so many people koodos who have been a big help to me. But, because I gave them koodos once, I cann't do it again. Is there a timeout (like once a year) or is it that once I say thanks one time can never do it again??

I keep on getting the message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxxx again".

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

Family Room: Denon avr-687, Denon CD player, Klipsch RB-5II

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley
    I have tried to give so many people koodos who have been a big help to me. But, because I gave them koodos once, I cann't do it again. Is there a timeout (like once a year) or is it that once I say thanks one time can never do it again??

I keep on getting the message: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xxxx again".

Best Regards,
    Stan
    You have to thank or spank about 20 different people before you can give rep to the first person a second time.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You have to thank or spank about 20 different people before you can give rep to the first person a second time.
    That's dumb on a site like this with so few active members. I sometimes just go into the Members List and hand out random points to people. Most of them probably haven't posted here in years.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That's dumb on a site like this with so few active members. I sometimes just go into the Members List and hand out random points to people. Most of them probably haven't posted here in years.
    Hey FA, I'll take a random point if your giving!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Me too!!

Chicago IL
    Share the wealth

I'm game too!!
    Listening/Movie Room: ADCOM GTP-500, XPA-2, Denon 3930ci, Front: Jamo C809; Surround: Klipsch R-5650-S; Back: R-5650-S; Denon AVR-687,. Projector: Sharp XR-32X.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    log in under a bunch of different screen names and give out rep points w/ your initials attached.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    Or like myself, totally ignore giving or getting them as they mean nothing in the full scheme of things.

I never knew what they were until recently when all heck broke loose with PSkies.

Rep me baby. Rep me.....
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Well, random acts of kindness were awarded to Geoffcin, Dakatabg, and Hyfi (even though he doesn't care).

But PoppaChubbs, ManlyStanley, 3LB, and GMIke were left in the cold because, apparently, even with my random acts of kindness, I still don't get around enough.

Well, random acts of kindness were awarded to Geoffcin, Dakatabg, and Hyfi (even though he doesn't care).

But PoppaChubbs, ManlyStanley, 3LB, and GMIke were left in the cold because, apparently, even with my random acts of kindness, I still don't get around enough.
    I'm not going there and you can't make me.
    But I did just get this msg. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ForeverAutumn again."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hyfi again.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 3LB again.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to poppachubby again.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Geoffcin again.

The rest of you got a little sometin' sometin' extra waitin' for ya.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhh AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I just sent you a random greenie too. I feel so good.... Lets all meet around the camp fire, hold hands and sing songs........ I'll bring the marshmallows who'll bring the crackers and chocolate????

Best Regards,
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by manlystanley
    ooooooooooooohhhhhhh AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I just sent you a random greenie too. I feel so good.... Lets all meet around the camp fire, hold hands and sing songs........ I'll bring the marshmallows who'll bring the crackers and chocolate????

Best Regards,
    Stan
    I’m diabetic. I’ll bring the carrot sticks.

Koooooombyaaaaaaa my lord, kooooooombyaaaaaaaa

...................... .........................................

.................................................. ........

Charm Thai™
    Yeah that's standard for these types of forums in an effort to try and mitigate people from abusing rep. Here's my rep from another forum I frequent.

You would not believe how much rep you have to attain before getting full stars & bars. What we did was get a group of 6 guys (it took reps to 6 different people before you can rep the same person again) then just rep bomb each other over and over using the same cycle of people until we all had full rep. People on the forum were wondering how in the hell we had so much rep so quickly and everyone else had squat haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHills44060
    Yeah that's standard for these types of forums in an effort to try and mitigate people from abusing rep. Here's my rep from another forum I frequent.

You would not believe how much rep you have to attain before getting full stars & bars. What we did was get a group of 6 guys (it took reps to 6 different people before you can rep the same person again) then just rep bomb each other over and over using the same cycle of people until we all had full rep. People on the forum were wondering how in the hell we had so much rep so quickly and everyone else had squat haha.
    F.ck the rep! You have 180,704 posts?!

Dude! You so need to get outside and feel the sun on your skin!

Thanks FA, And right back at ya!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Suspended
    OK so at the risk of looking stupid, how do you even give and see the ones given.

This site's FAQ and Search suck you know what. It took me over 20 minutes a few weeks ago just to find the official forum posting rules and my latest search for Reputation came up zilch!

Chicago IL
    I give point all the time. I gave to all the people here in this thread, pretty much the regulars, some I coudnt because I have given you before and I have to spread same reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    OK so at the risk of looking stupid, how do you even give and see the ones given.

This site's FAQ and Search suck you know what. It took me over 20 minutes a few weeks ago just to find the official forum posting rules and my latest search for Reputation came up zilch!
    Click on "User CP" in the uperish left of the screen. (Just above Post Reply) Then pan down.

Wow, I'm getting all warm-and-fuzzy handing out all these reps!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Click on "User CP" in the uperish left of the screen. (Just above Post Reply) Then pan down.
    OK Now I see mine, how do I give em out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    OK Now I see mine, how do I give em out?
    At the bottom of someone's post, you'll see a little scales icon. Click it. That will take you to a screen where you can approve or disapprove a post. Approving gives points and disapproving taketh away.

You can also leave a comment. We usually also leave our name so the person knows who the post is from. Anonymous rep points suck.

Suspended
    At the bottom of someone's post, you'll see a little scales icon. Click it. That will take you to a screen where you can approve or disapprove a post. Approving gives points and disapproving taketh away.

You can also leave a comment. We usually also leave our name so the person knows who the post is from. Anonymous rep points suck.
    Thank you M'Am!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information