• 11-10-2006, 12:12 PM
    Grandpaw
    Trouble posting replies or posts
    The problem I am having is when I get just about to the end of what I want typed for a reply or post it just disappears and I have to start over. Is this just me or is other people having this problem? Jeff
  • 11-12-2006, 07:09 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    The problem I am having is when I get just about to the end of what I want typed for a reply or post it just disappears and I have to start over. Is this just me or is other people having this problem? Jeff

I don't want to be a pain but I have ask a simple yes or no question and none of the 19 people that have read my question took the time to answer. Is this too complicated a question to ask? I'm not asking for anyone to research information for me, all I want to know is it me and my computer or the forum that is causing this problem? If someone could let me know I would appreciate finding out, Jeff
  • 11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
    tin ear
    yes and no
    GP, the only times this has happened to me is when I tried to enter an ansi (alt-xxx) character on this laptop, which doesn't have a dedicated numeric keypad. HTH.
    -Jon
  • 11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tin ear
    GP, the only times this has happened to me is when I tried to enter an ansi (alt-xxx) character on this laptop, which doesn't have a dedicated numeric keypad. HTH.
    -Jon

Thanks Tin Ear for your response. I think it very well could be something that I am doing by bumping something on the keyboard. I have tried touching the keys on left side and bottom left corner but can't seem to figure out what I'm doing to cause this to happen. I tried the ALT key after you mentioned it but haven't yet figured out what I am doing to make this happen. I will keep trying. Thanks again, Jeff
  • 11-12-2006, 11:11 AM
    JoeE SP9
    The same thing has happened to me. I think it may be an errant mouse click. The message just disappears. It has happened maybe half a dozen times. With the amount of posts I have that really isn't that high a percentage.:cool:
  • 11-13-2006, 06:35 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    The same thing has happened to me. I think it may be an errant mouse click. The message just disappears. It has happened maybe half a dozen times. With the amount of posts I have that really isn't that high a percentage.:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I can rule out the mouse because it happens while I am typing. Thanks again, Jeff