AR Newbie Registered Member

Eastern Electric...myth or miracle

I had originally gotten a chance to hear the Mini-Max by Eastern awhile back at an audio show and was completely blown away by it. Im hardly what you'd call an audiophile but I do know what sounds good and what doesnt, so when my seemingly endless urges to upgrade hit...I took it upon myself to call the source. Needing a phone number I punched up their site and was surprised to see that they now appeared to be starting a whole line of tube audio. I got a hold of very friendly and knowledgable guy by the name of Bill O'Connell who abley answered all my questions. Guys, these units sound as good or better than stuff that costs twice as much...heh, its gotta be a miracle because it sure isnt a myth.

Forum Regular

Shill Alert, Warning, Waring, Danger Will Robinson

When someone's first posting on this site is an unqualified endorsement for a product, especially from a startup company nobody else probably ever heard of, it is extremely suspicious. Do you work for this company or have any personal financial interest in it or its sales?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan
    I had originally gotten a chance to hear the Mini-Max by Eastern awhile back at an audio show and was completely blown away by it. Im hardly what you'd call an audiophile but I do know what sounds good and what doesnt, so when my seemingly endless urges to upgrade hit...I took it upon myself to call the source. Needing a phone number I punched up their site and was surprised to see that they now appeared to be starting a whole line of tube audio. I got a hold of very friendly and knowledgable guy by the name of Bill O'Connell who abley answered all my questions. Guys, these units sound as good or better than stuff that costs twice as much...heh, its gotta be a miracle because it sure isnt a myth.
    If you are not an audiophile you don't get upgradeitis. So, you must be a sales hack? Selling audio?
    How do you know what units costing 2x sound like? You are not an audiophile, remember?
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Visiting the Sound Stage web site;
    http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/e...ic_minimax.htm
    I'd say the Mini/Max is mini on substance and maxi on price. With two 6AU7 volatage amps, a 6X4 rectifier, and a small transformer it looks like it should sell for about $50 instead of $1195. I take that back. Considering it is made in China, it should probably sell for $11.95. I'd go for a Dynaco PAS3X before I'd ever consider buying this ugly little box. Too bad they couldn't put the tubes inside the box instead of outside and provide some tube shields to protect them from RF. I'll concede their one claim that their transformer may have the best paint job in the business. Hey, to some people, that's art. But then so is an empty canvas with a small dot near one corner.
    Last edited by skeptic; 06-10-2004 at 03:15 AM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic
    Visiting the Sound Stage web site;
    http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/e...ic_minimax.htm
    I'd say the Mini/Max is mini on substance and maxi on price. With two 6AU7 volatage amps, a 6X4 rectifier, and a small transformer it looks like it should sell for about $50 instead of $1195. I take that back. Considering it is made in China, it should probably sell for $11.95. I'd go for a Dynaco PAS3X before I'd ever consider buying this ugly little box. Too bad they couldn't put the tubes inside the box instead of outside and provide some tube shields to protect them from RF. I'll concede their one claim that their transformer may have the best paint job in the business. Hey, to some people, that's art. But then so is an empty canvas with a small dot near one corner.

LOL. Interesting nothingness of a component. It sells because people buy it, gullible ones
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information