Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

tornado damage in 'bama

Well guys and gals, yesterday and last night were stressful times. From here in south Alabama we were watching news feeds of tornados rumbling through west, central and north Alabama all day. They seemed to be popping up one right after the other in several locations north of Montgomery. The scariest one I saw ran through and over Tuscaloosa (home of the University of Alabama) where my son lives on its way to Birmingham. Thankfully, my son and his roommates and friends suffered no injuries (severe property damage but they're alive and unharmed!) but the death count across the state is closing in on 200 and continues to rise. Man it was nail-biting time last night with little or no communication.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Glad to read they are safe. I watched the news most of the day and wish I had the skills to help. The news was devestating but I was glad to see how people were pulling together to help each other.

Another thread was started about the devestation.

Tuscaloosa Tornados
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I'll second JM's sentiments...glad to read that you and your peeps are okay. The world seems to be a cruel place right now, Mother Earth gotta fire in 'er belly over somethin'...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Wow, that video is incredible, it just seems to go on forever. What got me are all the trees laying on the ground. I would expect a house to collapse. I mean, I could knock my house down with a sledgehammer if I really tried. But I couldn't knock over a mature tree no matter how hard I tried.

Happy to hear that your son and his friends (and you) are okay. My heart goes out to the families who were not so lucky.

Thread Information