Thread: Lexicon MC8

AR Newbie Registered Member

Lexicon MC8

I have an opportunity to purchase a Lexicon MC8 for what may be a decent price. I know this is an older processor (no HDMI)...does anyone have any thoughts or experience with unit? I've been using an HK AVR 240 since 2006 (?)....and using it as a pr/pro with 2 Citation 7.1's since '08.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Lexicon MC8 for what may be a decent price. I know this is an older processor (no HDMI)...does anyone have any thoughts or experience with unit? I've been using an HK AVR 240 since 2006 (?)....and using it as a pr/pro with 2 Citation 7.1's since '08.
    I've heard other Lexicon processors, but not that particular model. Lex has a wonderful reputation with processors. I see lack of HDMI connections a great way to step up the quality of an HT without the extra price increase HDMI brings.

Going from an HK to a Lexicon, you should hear a big difference and enjoy the extra settings to customize your setup. Go for it!!

Oh yeah, I see your a new member, if you go the Lex route, please come back and post your decision and the changes it made.

See my signature. The lack of an HDMI interface hasn't bothered me. I've had it for several years. I have been totally satisfied with it's sound. I'm primarily a music guy. HT/video are a secondary thing for me. I will be upgrading to an HDMI equipped unit early next year. The Emotiva is getting serious consideration.

The higher sound quality of the MC-8 over just about any AV receiver will be easily audible.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Well I got the Lexicon. It's going to land on my doorstep today. It went for $430.00 shipped.I'll post some thoughts when it arrives.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I suspect you'll be happy with it. There's a lot of characters over at the 'Gon that are either currently using Lexicon processors or did use them in their progression from simple receiver to high-end HT.

I'd like to read your impressions when you've got it all setup and tweaked.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thread Information