Lexicon MC8

Printable View

• 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
    Joe Snuffy
    Lexicon MC8
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Lexicon MC8 for what may be a decent price. I know this is an older processor (no HDMI)...does anyone have any thoughts or experience with unit? I've been using an HK AVR 240 since 2006 (?)....and using it as a pr/pro with 2 Citation 7.1's since '08.
  • 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM
    Tarheel_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Lexicon MC8 for what may be a decent price. I know this is an older processor (no HDMI)...does anyone have any thoughts or experience with unit? I've been using an HK AVR 240 since 2006 (?)....and using it as a pr/pro with 2 Citation 7.1's since '08.

I've heard other Lexicon processors, but not that particular model. Lex has a wonderful reputation with processors. I see lack of HDMI connections a great way to step up the quality of an HT without the extra price increase HDMI brings.

Going from an HK to a Lexicon, you should hear a big difference and enjoy the extra settings to customize your setup. Go for it!!

Oh yeah, I see your a new member, if you go the Lex route, please come back and post your decision and the changes it made.
  • 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM
    JoeE SP9
    See my signature. The lack of an HDMI interface hasn't bothered me. I've had it for several years. I have been totally satisfied with it's sound. I'm primarily a music guy. HT/video are a secondary thing for me. I will be upgrading to an HDMI equipped unit early next year. The Emotiva is getting serious consideration.

The higher sound quality of the MC-8 over just about any AV receiver will be easily audible.
  • 08-13-2010, 06:59 AM
    Joe Snuffy
    Well I got the Lexicon. It's going to land on my doorstep today. It went for $430.00 shipped.I'll post some thoughts when it arrives.
  • 08-13-2010, 07:32 AM
    bobsticks
    I suspect you'll be happy with it. There's a lot of characters over at the 'Gon that are either currently using Lexicon processors or did use them in their progression from simple receiver to high-end HT.

I'd like to read your impressions when you've got it all setup and tweaked.