Forum Regular

Home Theater in a Box

I went to check to see if my RX-V1400 came in yet and was talking to the Store owner about what to do with my 795a. I was going to put it in the bedroom and was looking for speakers for it. He has two Home Theaters in a Box, YHT-440 and DVX-S120 that he said I would be better off getting and then selling my 795a for what ever I could get for it. He will sell either one for $450. Would I be better off to just buy one of the Home Theater in a Box rather than buy new speakers for the 795a?

Forum Regular
    With the 795a you have DD, DPL, and DTS. You do not have DPL 2 (does that really matter?). The speakers in the HTB wouldn't be up to par for what you could get elsewhere. I would keep your 795a (unless it is on the fritz for some reason) and buy speakers, such as the Rocket Tyke or HTD Middies.

Forum Regular
    I second that...keep the old yamaha and get some speakers for it. The amplifier and processor will be much better in that than the low cost HTIB options.

-Sam

Forum Regular
    Thanks for the replies. I am going to pick up my reciever tomorrow and was planning on getting the YHT-440 but I will take your advise and look for speakers.

F1

Wink

Make sure you won't change your mind

Forum Regular

HTIB is like a TV dinner

Quote Originally Posted by brian_tr
    I went to check to see if my RX-V1400 came in yet and was talking to the Store owner about what to do with my 795a. I was going to put it in the bedroom and was looking for speakers for it. He has two Home Theaters in a Box, YHT-440 and DVX-S120 that he said I would be better off getting and then selling my 795a for what ever I could get for it. He will sell either one for $450. Would I be better off to just buy one of the Home Theater in a Box rather than buy new speakers for the 795a?
    +
    Yes it's like a TV dinner it does the trick if you're in a rush......but it doesnt taste as good as if you make it from scratch...make your own system and don't buy the HTIB, you will enjoy your sys. much more and it will sound 1000x better

AR Newbie Registered Member

Need help for purchase of sat.speakers

I want to purchase a very good system for my family room. Speakers(sat) and A/V unit.
    Any recomondations for a whole package.

Thanks.

Forum Regular
    I ended up keeping my 795a and getting Paradigm Cinema™ 90 speakers with the 10" sub. I am very happy with this setup. The problem I found with the theater in a box was the speakers that came with it where not very good. Good luck.

Thread Information