Who ownes a Manley Stingray?

Does anyone here own a Manley Stingray? I would be interested in your experience on the sound qualities.

Thanks

Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Does anyone here own a Manley Stingray? I would be interested in your experience on the sound qualities.

Thanks

Flo
    Phenomenal piece. Have a friend with one, really likes it. Too much for me. I'm still happy with my Sutherland PHD. Gonna need to buy 16 D-Cells here pretty quick. Off to the warehouse club.

Space.
    Space

The preceding comments have not been subjected to double blind testing, and so must just be taken as casual observations and not given the weight of actual scientific data to be used to prove a case in a court of law or scientific journal. The comments represent my humble opinion which will range in the readers perspective to vary from Gospel to heresy. So let it be.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I used to own a Schwin Stingray. Sorrry Flo but I have been missing GMichael's humor. Where has he been?
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Hi,

Used to own the Manley "The Purist" pre amp. Wish I never sold it. When I bought the Unison Research Performance I also listened to the Stingray. Very close call. In the end I went for the Unison , on another day who knows. So in answer to your question No I don't own one , but yes I have spent some time with one and its a very dynamic amp pure Manley.Liked it a lot.

Easy does it

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I used to own a Schwin Stingray. Sorrry Flo but I have been missing GMichael's humor. Where has he been?
    Hi JohnMichael,

I'm still here. I little under the weather though. My normaly sick humor has been lacking the last few days. But I'm still here reading all my friends posts.

Where do you keep your banana plugs?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thanks for the feedback on the Stingray, i was thinking of trying it out on my parents system. Might be nice for them, maybe ill give it a try. I am loosing my humor too.

-Flo

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Thanks for the feedback on the Stingray, i was thinking of trying it out on my parents system. Might be nice for them, maybe ill give it a try. I am loosing my humor too.

-Flo
    I still think you're funny.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Smile

Thanks, but in reality i find it incredibly sad that i have to fight so much to teach people about good music systems. Boy am i glad Mike Anderson took my advice and didnt follow the masses with some Axiom towers and some deal amp.

It wouldn't be any fun if it was easy. I think of it this sick way.

Say you have a kite. A nice wind comes along. The kite won't go up if you don't have a string attached pulling it down. You need that opposing force in order for it to work.

I know it's sick. But that's life.

Thread Information