Forum Regular

Koss PortaPro Headphones Much Better than Ear Buds

Well after further research I bought a pair of lightweight Koss PortoPro Headphones for my
    mp3 player (Zen Neno Plus 512) as the ear buds weren't that comfortable. I got these on sale new at J&R for the cheapest price I could find online.

The first pair of earrbuds I got came with the player and were totally uncomfortable which apparantly seems to ring true of most of the earbuds that come with an mp3 player from what I've read. I then got for about $15 a new pair of Sennheiser MX-400 In-Ear Headphones which were alot more comfortable than the airbuds that came with the player & a little bit better sound as well. However, I still was not that comfortable with the feeling of these earphones in my ears or I guess any earbuds at all. The Koss PortoPro lightweight headphones arrived today and they are so much more comfortable its not funny. The sound this time sounds like I'm hearing it from a CD player not an FM transistor radio if that makes any sense. If someone else has the same issues I have with earbuds you might want to try these. Alternatively and I may do this if I can find a place to do this reasonably, there was an article in the LA Times about how people are getting noise blocking custom made eearbuds by an audiologist (they are supplying the earphones & audiologist is making the ear device from what I coudl understand). The guy who wrote the article claimed he got this done for $320 for Shure earbuds but when I looked online for custom airbuds the prices were around $900.

If ya want a bargain...

...watch for RatShack to have a half price sale on their Nova 35 titanium 'phones. Best $20 investment you could make for portable 'phones.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    ...watch for RatShack to have a half price sale on their Nova 35 titanium 'phones. Best $20 investment you could make for portable 'phones.
    Thanks might try those too. I'll check the reviews. Are there any portable phones that block outside noise?

Forum Regular
    Wrong thread again.........you just can't help yourself can you??
    THIS IS A HOME THEATER THREAD!!!!!!! I'm glad you got a great set of headphones,but the only reason you post it here is because of the high traffic. You can't stand to not have people reply to your posts.....so you HAVE to post them here.........VERY SAD.

Forum Regular

As I said

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatehershon
    Wrong thread again.........you just can't help yourself can you??
    THIS IS A HOME THEATER THREAD!!!!!!! I'm glad you got a great set of headphones,but the only reason you post it here is because of the high traffic. You can't stand to not have people reply to your posts.....so you HAVE to post them here.........VERY SAD.
    As noted previously, you're really smart for a retard.

Forum Regular
    Ya, and your pretty dumb for a smart guy!!!

MCF
    Forum Regular

Ihateherson....

I just wanted to agree with you...I hate hershon also!!! Nice!!

Thread Information