Forum Regular

Unhappy Wow, this place barely works today

Or is it just me? Getting lots of page errors and very slow response. Doesn't look like anyone has posted a complaint in the last couple days so that must mean it's my turn

Looks like those Home Theater folks are catching up with us now. Probably won't be long before they move back into #1. Always seemed kind of funny that Rave Recs was the most popular, but now seems to be getting back to normal with only one or two posts a day around here

NP: Intoxicated Hands by Damien Jurado

Was it that whiskey talking or is it your heart
    That made you say I love you to me
    As you held me in your arms

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Or is it just me? Getting lots of page errors and very slow response. Doesn't look like anyone has posted a complaint in the last couple days so that must mean it's my turn

Looks like those Home Theater folks are catching up with us now. Probably won't be long before they move back into #1. Always seemed kind of funny that Rave Recs was the most popular, but now seems to be getting back to normal with only one or two posts a day around here

NP: Intoxicated Hands by Damien Jurado

Was it that whiskey talking or is it your heart
    That made you say I love you to me
    As you held me in your arms
    Seems pretty normal to me, performance-wise. Traffic flow is always an up/down thing around here, I think.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Forum Regular
    My only complaint is that there is a bunch of BS talk and not a whole lot of stuff about music.

Dave

Huh? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    My only complaint is that there is a bunch of BS talk and not a whole lot of stuff about music.

Dave

A little grumpy today, Geezer? I noticed you haven't posted anything in my 'live bands screwing up' post- not musical enuff for ya? My complaint's the opposite. It's like meeting friends at the bar- if they only talked about music, what a boring night that would be. I'm interested in how they're doing, and what's going on in their lives. They can tack a bit of misic onto that, but if I hear Dark Side of the ****ing Moon on SUCD, or whatever it is, discussed again, I'm gonna scream.

My 2 edited centavos.

fp

Oh, and, yeah- this place is a little more sluggish. It's like a pop up snuck by w/out me seeing, so it's down at the bottom, dragging everything down with it.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 12-12-2003 at 10:18 AM.

Forum Regular

DSOTM on cassette and 45 RPM

Hiya Finchie,

I just like to stir the pot sometimes and try and steer the ship back towards music discussion as much as possible.

The reason for an off topic forum!

But I'm still mad and cranky.

But soon my Valium and Zoloft and Percodan will kick in and I will be fine.

Dave

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Seems pretty normal to me, performance-wise. Traffic flow is always an up/down thing around here, I think.
    Yeah, you high speed users don't notice things like that but it's not really even useable for me right now. If I wasn't a regular who had kinda been out of touch for the last few days, I wouldn't even bother right now because it's too frustrating. But just wanted to check in and say hi

I'm throwing in the towell (for today)

I logged on this morning and it was moving at a glacial pace even though I was (and am) connected at 53.2 Kbps. Went X-Mas shopping and things are no better now. Oh well, I do have other things to do today.

NP: Daveydot 2003 year-end comp

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    I logged on this morning and it was moving at a glacial pace even though I was (and am) connected at 53.2 Kbps. Went X-Mas shopping and things are no better now. Oh well, I do have other things to do today.

NP: Daveydot 2003 year-end comp
    I just ain't seeing any difference today. And, Davey, it even bogs down on cable modem from time to time.

Speaking of Davey, I got the daveydot 2003 disk this AM, as well, and can't wait to get it home 2nite. There's several on there that I've not heard yet............thanx!
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

I'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary speed-wise right now. Maybe whatever it was has passed. Who knows?

John

Talking I think someone needs to clear the dust from..

his wallet and spend a little cash for broadband.

I'll never go back to dial up after having cable. It's just fantastic...most of the time anyway. I get a few disconnects here and there, so I just reset the modem and it usually kicks back in fairly quickly, although it can be a real bummer if it happens after I've typed a lot of stuff on Rave Recordings or something.

Anyway, today as I view the Forum, none of the avatars are showing up and a few other things are amiss. Who knows (sigh). I want the old board back!

Swish Baby
    Last edited by Swish; 12-13-2003 at 11:54 AM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I think someone need to clear the dust from his wallet and spend a little cash for broadband
    Yeah, broadband would be nice. I have used it at times and it is hard to go back, but I really don't do much on the web so it would be kind of a waste since I can get unlimited dialup and all the web space I need for $6.95 a month. But one of these days I'm gonna have to move into the modern age

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this place rocks today. Don't know what the problem was yesterday but it was like trying to swim laps in a pool of cold molasses. Today is more like warm honey
    Last edited by Davey.; 12-13-2003 at 10:32 AM.

Hey, the avatars are back!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Yeah, broadband would be nice. I have used it at times and it is hard to go back, but I really don't do much on the web so it would be kind of a waste since I can get unlimited dialup and all the web space I need for $6.95 a month. But one of these days I'm gonna have to move into the modern age

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this place rocks today. Don't know what the problem was yesterday but it was like trying to swim laps in a pool of cold molasses. Today is more like warm honey
    I'm on the web for several hours each day when I'm in my office, mostly to check company e-mail, our favorite communication tool for the past couple of years. Our front-end mortgage origination system is also horrible to operate from dialup, so broadband is quite a time-saver for me. I can also expense the cost, so I actually pay nothing for it. How's that for cheap?!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information