Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Yeh, I'll probably take a deep breath, cross my fingers, knock wood, and order it so it will show up about the time I get home from Beijing.
    Did you like Mosaic? If I had to guess, based on what I know you do like, and some of the things I know you don't like, I'd say no, this probably isn't the one that will get you all excited. But like many others here, you often like music (and sometimes even passionately) that I wouldn't have expected. I like it because there are sounds on here that haven't been on a Wovenhand record before, and it still has a lot of the passion I like about them. I'd still put Blush Music and Mosaic above it as my top 2 Wovenhand records, so far. Both had a better flow, and more memorable music overall. But that's just me. This one does have me coming back over and over, like those two, so who knows. It does most definitely bring the rock.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Having spent some quality time with "Hoarse" I like it but not nearly as much as "Folklore". Good live album...I wonder if'n it'll make Sishy's Best-Of List...but nonetheless it's missing that earthy mysticism that drew me in with 'Lore.

Curiously, my local has yet to stock "Ten Stones"...so I ordered it, but you know, waiting and all. But then again, it's not like I can't find something else to listen to.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've heard some samples of the latest Wovenhand, titled The Laughing Stalk, on the YT. Musta got an early release elsewhere. Much more tribal beat oriented, musically speaking, really conjures older Dead Can Dance and Cure, methinks its the hardest edged sound from them thus far (albeit I'm only familiar with Ten Stone and Threshing Floor... and while the lyrics always evoked christian themes in the past, this album is the most overt, yet aren't preachy. Assertive proclimations, trance inducing worship songs - I'd go to church to hear that kind of praise music. Not all the songs I've heard are like that (YT must have 6 or 7 off the new album) but the ones that I noticed like King O King, As Wool and Coup Stick are very up front with their meaning and rather uptempo and polyrhythmic, the latter being almost chant-like. Anyone else hear this yet?
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    I've heard some samples of the latest Wovenhand, titled The Laughing Stalk, on the YT. Musta got an early release elsewhere. Much more tribal beat oriented, musically speaking, really conjures older Dead Can Dance and Cure, methinks its the hardest edged sound from them thus far (albeit I'm only familiar with Ten Stone and Threshing Floor... and while the lyrics always evoked christian themes in the past, this album is the most overt, yet aren't preachy. Assertive proclimations, trance inducing worship songs - I'd go to church to hear that kind of praise music. Not all the songs I've heard are like that (YT must have 6 or 7 off the new album) but the ones that I noticed like King O King, As Wool and Coup Stick are very up front with their meaning and rather uptempo and polyrhythmic, the latter being almost chant-like. Anyone else hear this yet?
    I will be on the lookout. Been a fan since Mosaic. Thanks for the heads up.
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information