Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worst half-time show ever?

The Black Eyed Peas don't impress me one iota. It was a great day because the Steelers lost, but I really wish the host had muted the half-time show. It was an embarrassment.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Worse then when you saw Micheal Jackson's nipple?

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by (O0o*o0O)
    Worse then when you saw Micheal Jackson's nipple?
    Now that was funny.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

I believe it was Janet Jackson, not Micheal

And to me it was more of the sound mixer dude that could not get the mic's settings correct, I seen better audio board work at a elementary school play. I could see it this was a impromptu deal, but all of this is rehearsed and choreograph in a state of the art stadium, just poor craftsmanship.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Oh I loved the half time show and ignored the game. Love the Black Eyed Peas and Usher.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I missed the whole damn thing rocking out and smoking some deliciousness. If that was the line up I thank god I missed it. When are they going to pick up Lords of Acid or My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult or even Bile?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It was par for the course.

Christina Aguilera flubbing the National Anthem was worse. I don't really care that much about the national anthem and am not that put-off that anyone flubs it, but the fact that it makes a pop star look bad, and pop music in general look bad, that I am pleased it happened - cuz I'm a hater and I revel in the misery of those I dislike.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Rae
    Yeah, that was teh suck.

~Rae

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    Since when did Kirstie Alley join the Black Eyed Peas?!

Forum Regular
    Christina, Black-Eyed Peas and my internal meat thermometer all sucked.
    Had a gorgeous 6-pound block of NY strip steak cook to medium-well because the readings were wrong............dammit !
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Yeah, she missed nearly an entire verse didn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB
    It was par for the course.

Christina Aguilera flubbing the National Anthem was worse. I don't really care that much about the national anthem and am not that put-off that anyone flubs it, but the fact that it makes a pop star look bad, and pop music in general look bad, that I am pleased it happened - cuz I'm a hater and I revel in the misery of those I dislike.
    I can't quite remember where she flubbed it, but according to something I found on the net..."When she was supposed to sing the line "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," she instead repeated an earlier line, with a slight variation.

She sang, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming," repeating and mangling an earlier lyric, with the word 'watched' instead of 'hailed' and 'reaming' instead of 'gleaming.'"

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I didn't watch the game or the halftime show, but I did see Aguilera sing the anthem.

(start rant) I didn't notice the lyric flub, but I HATE it when people turn the National Anthem into a vocal exercise. First of all, it completely f*cks it up for people who want to sing along. Secondly, this is about respecting your country, it's not about YOU. Take your ego a step backwards and just sing the song as it's meant to be sung. I don't care how mundane you may think it is. This is not your audition for American Idol. Just shut up and sing. (end rant)

I also read that the flyby over the stadium was completely lost as it was a closed stadium and no one could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    (start rant) I didn't notice the lyric flub, but I HATE it when people turn the National Anthem into a vocal exercise. First of all, it completely f*cks it up for people who want to sing along. Secondly, this is about respecting your country, it's not about YOU. Take your ego a step backwards and just sing the song as it's meant to be sung. I don't care how mundane you may think it is. This is not your audition for American Idol. Just shut up and sing. (end rant)
    I am so with you on that. Every time someone does that, I want to yell "Maybe you should sing from the damn sheet music so it sounds like the actual song!!!"
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    And to me it was more of the sound mixer dude that could not get the mic's settings correct, I seen better audio board work at a elementary school play. I could see it this was a impromptu deal, but all of this is rehearsed and choreograph in a state of the art stadium, just poor craftsmanship.
    Yes. That was some of the worst mixing I've ever heard in any scenario, any situation...ever. Painful, in fact...I'm by no means a BEP fanboy but they're clearly more polished than that debacle would indicate. The driving elements of the music were conspicuously absent as the drums and keys were buried so far in the mix. As a featured perormer, Slash must have wondered why he even showed up.

I hope he trashed the green room afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by (O0o*o0O)
    I missed the whole damn thing rocking out and smoking some deliciousness. If that was the line up I thank god I missed it. When are they going to pick up Lords of Acid or My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult or even Bile?
    Ja, Lacey Connor would make Fergie look like Margaret Thatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by FallGiirrll
    Amen. This is not an isolated incident, as I'm sure you know and there is a long history with a rogue's gallery of offenders with dubious talent. I blame Boys To Men.
    Last edited by bobsticks; 02-07-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

I don't 'hate' the Peas or Usher..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh I loved the half time show and ignored the game. Love the Black Eyed Peas and Usher.
    ...but I have an issue with the entire 'performance'. It just seems to me it's making up for a lack of something else, meaning musical talent. What was the purpose of Usher jumping over someone and doing a split on stage? Are they trying to turn it into Cirque Du Soleil? 'Oooh, look at that! Usher just did a split on stage!". Sorry, I don't get it.

I realize there's always going to be a certain level of stage theatrics, but I found it especially annoying and the music not so good.

Suspended
    I didn't watch the game or the halftime show, but I did see Aguilera sing the anthem.

I also read that the flyby over the stadium was completely lost as it was a closed stadium and no one could see it.
    Good Rant and I totally agree.

Basically, I have a problem with all the money spent on this one event while people in our country are starving to death and living in the streets.

I think the Fly Overs are such a ridiculous waste of tax payer money as well as all the jet fuel.

On the other hand, it does open up the business for Hookers as there was an estimated 10,000 of them there for the week.

I couldn't stand more than a few seconds of the half-time show before changing to the billiards match on ESPN. It was a repeat of last week but it was still more enjoyable to me.
    As far as Christina. She has a great voice. I get that. but does she have to show off to the point that I can hardly tell that it was our national anthem? Just sing the song as intended. No one will bash you for not 'making it your own.' You know why? Cause it's the freakin' national anthem. Just sing it as written please. Show off your pipes some other time.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

42 Regular
    Take your ego a step backwards and just sing the song as it's meant to be sung. I don't care how mundane you may think it is. This is not your audition for American Idol. Just shut up and sing.
    That was my reaction as well. I've had about enough of these exhibitions of vocal gymnastics and urban yodeling.

She even said "thank you" at the end, like it was a concert or something. That was clueless as hell.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Just sing the song as intended. No one will bash you for not 'making it your own.' You know why? Cause it's the freakin' national anthem. Just sing it as written please. Show off your pipes some other time.
    Christina :
    I don't need all that embroidry; just give me the shirt.
    And what's this about a reamin" ?
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

I've got nothing against the Black Eyed Peas, but yeah, that show was crap. I agree lots of the blame goes to the bad sound mixing. maybe it sounded better on site, but considering the massive TV audience, it would have made sense to pay attention to how it would sound at home.

I found the Slash cameo and their doing Sweet Child of Mine just kinda silly. I'm not exactly sure what made that seem like a good idea.

Oh...and did anyone else think of the old Devo plastic pompadours when they saw Will.i.am's metal hair?

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    the only solution is to ditch the halftime extravaganza. I know that won't happen, but they keep trying and they keep falling short. First off, trying to put on these elaborate shows is a logistical nightmare. Too many things that can go wrong with such a short set-up time. No one comes off very well, whether its the Peas, The Who, Prince, whoever. All we get are medleys and microphone dropouts and musicians looking frantic. Time to shovel some dirt on the halftime show.

And don't let FOX host the SB any more. As failed as Aguilera and the BEPs were, they weren't as sappy and tacky as FOX's pregame schlock. None of it, I mean none of it, has any place in this game.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Speaking of Fox...can they get rid of those stooooopid...

...robots? They're so annoying! And Joe Buck? Please. He's not as bad as Brent Musberger, but not by much. Who thinks those two have talent? Seriously.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    The only reason that I would watch anything football related is for a glimpse of Howie Long. I want to have his children.

Actually... he can keep the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...robots? They're so annoying! And Joe Buck? Please. He's not as bad as Brent Musberger, but not by much. Who thinks those two have talent? Seriously.
    Joe Buck is lucky he's partnered with Aikman.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

They should have Greenbay and Pittsburg high school marching bands join together and play the national anthem. No singing. Halftime should be the normal 15 minutes. No show whatsoever. Announce the HOF inductees at halftime if you have to have something on the field while everyone else is taking a piss.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information