Winehouse Appears on Terrorist Hit List

PopEater
    posted: 17 HOURS 39 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 62
    filed under: Music News, Politics
    PrintShare
    Text SizeAAA
    (Jan. 8) -- Amy Winehouse and British music producer Mark Ronson are among the celebrities including on a "terror target" list made in response to the volatile situation in the Gaza region, according to a report on NME. A post on an Ummah.com forum urged users to compile "a list of top Jews we can target," a threat which British anti-terror expert Glen Jenvey says should be taken seriously.
    He tells The Sun, "The Ummah website has been used by extremists. Those listed should treat it very seriously. Expect a hate campaign and intimidation by 20 or 30 thugs."
    Amy Winehouse Meltdown

The Community Security Trust, which advises Britain's Jewish community on safety, said, "We are advising prominent Jewish individuals to be conscious of potential threats." Also appearing on the list are Sir Alan Sugar of 'The Apprentice', British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and Princess Diana's divorce lawyer Anthony Julius.

http://www.popeater.com/music/articl...it-list/299246

I don't know much about her and never heard her music, but going by all the press and pics of this loser...no big loss. Kinda funny that someone would waste their time on her.

Dude, the chick is a train wreck... They'd probably be doing her a favor. Heehee
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Loser? Are you joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    PopEater
    posted: 17 HOURS 39 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 62
    filed under: Music News, Politics
    PrintShare
    Text SizeAAA
    (Jan. 8) -- Amy Winehouse and British music producer Mark Ronson are among the celebrities including on a "terror target" list made in response to the volatile situation in the Gaza region, according to a report on NME. A post on an Ummah.com forum urged users to compile "a list of top Jews we can target," a threat which British anti-terror expert Glen Jenvey says should be taken seriously.
    He tells The Sun, "The Ummah website has been used by extremists. Those listed should treat it very seriously. Expect a hate campaign and intimidation by 20 or 30 thugs."
    Amy Winehouse Meltdown

The Community Security Trust, which advises Britain's Jewish community on safety, said, "We are advising prominent Jewish individuals to be conscious of potential threats." Also appearing on the list are Sir Alan Sugar of 'The Apprentice', British Foreign Secretary David Miliband and Princess Diana's divorce lawyer Anthony Julius.

http://www.popeater.com/music/articl...it-list/299246

I don't know much about her and never heard her music, but going by all the press and pics of this loser...no big loss. Kinda funny that someone would waste their time on her.
    Seriously, I can't tell if you're just being facetious. Amy is a major talent, but, as Sugar Beats said, a train wreck due to her drug use, but that doesn't mean she deserves to be killed. As for the terrorists, they are on everyone's hit list, so let's get them before they get anyone else.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Seriously, I can't tell if you're just being facetious. Amy is a major talent, but, as Sugar Beats said, a train wreck due to her drug use, but that doesn't mean she deserves to be killed. As for the terrorists, they are on everyone's hit list, so let's get them before they get anyone else.
    Of course I don't advocate a hit on anyone.

Major talent? Best Drug User category?

Amy is a great talent, but if only that were enough for her...

I can't see any terrorist, no matter how stupid they are, wasting a bullet on Winehouse, since she's more likely to die by her own devices, and soon.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Of course I don't advocate a hit on anyone.

Major talent? Best Drug User category?
    Oh come on Hyfi. How can you judge her talent when you admit that you haven't even heard her music? Sure she's a train wreck. But that doesn't mean that she's not a talented train wreck.

Joplin was a train wreck too. But that chick had chops!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Oh come on Hyfi. How can you judge her talent when you admit that you haven't even heard her music? Sure she's a train wreck. But that doesn't mean that she's not a talented train wreck.

Joplin was a train wreck too. But that chick had chops!
    I just watched as much of as many vids as I could stand on youtube.

Almost every song sounded the same. Same beat, same vocal range, same stuff thats been done to death. I don't see "Major Talent", I see same ole.....

I don't care much for Jolpins vocals either but Big Brother was great.

That pretty much tells us all we need to know.

Yessiree.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Almost every song sounded the same. Same beat, same vocal range, same stuff thats been done to death. I don't see "Major Talent", I see same ole.....

For the record, I'm not a fan of Winehouse either. But I don't like her because I don't like her. Not because she's a drug addict.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    For the record, I'm not a fan of Winehouse either. But I don't like her because I don't like her. Not because she's a drug addict.
    I don't care that she is a drug addict either. I just don't see the talent.

Plenty of good music came out of drug abuse. I just can't seem to remember, man.

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    I don't like her because I don't like her. I also don't like her because she is a drug addict.

I understand she has been putting on some weight lately.

RR6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winehouse Appears on Terrorist Hit List-winehouse.jpg  

It appears lost on people that her name (along with many others) appears on a list of alleged potential targets due solely to her ethnicity.

Carry on.

I don't like others.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    It appears lost on people that her name (along with many others) appears on a list of alleged potential targets due solely to her ethnicity.

Carry on.
    It wasn't lost on me. It was, however, a conversation that I didn't want to be the one to start on this forum.

Here. Let the terrorists off this guy instead.

DALLAS (Reuters) - A death row inmate in Texas tore out his eyeball with his fingers and ate it, leaving him blind after he gouged out his other eye several years ago, the state's department of criminal justice said on Friday.

"We don't know how it happened," said Jason Clark, a spokesman for the department. "There are no indications that he used anything other than his hands."

Andre Thomas, 25, was now in a secure psychiatric facility after he pulled out his left eye last month at the death row unit in Livingston in eastern Texas, Clark said.

Thomas was condemned for killing his wife, son and infant stepdaughter in 2004, according to the department's brief account of the case. Local media reports said he had ripped out the hearts of his victims.

Thomas was on death row since March 2005 but did not have an execution date. There are 373 inmates on death row in Texas, the Washington-based Death Penalty Information Center says.

That's just seriously fucked up.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire

Carry on.
    That shouldn't really be surprising from the American perspective.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

nightflier
    Whether she's a drug addict, has talent, or whether people like her music and/or personality, should have no bearing on being included on a terror watch list. This just shows how absolutely asinine these lists are. Reminiscent of a watched society where people spy on each other. This never worked in the past, and the fantasy that this should make us safer is just as asinine.

Wasn't it Franklin who said: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"? How far we've slipped from those ideals....

I think we've all done this at one time or another, so, with no snark...it's not a watch list, so, your point notwithstanding, it's a hit list.

She and the others are considered to be targets, not threats.

I don't like others.

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    She is on the list because she is a celebrity and she is Jewish, just what the Muslim terrorists want, publicity and lots of it. She is a prime target for them.

nightflier
    Oh, I thought it was a terrorist watch list. I guess I should read more carefully. That said, I still think these lists do more harm than good.

Her studio stuff is FAR better. From what I see of her live performances on youtube, you can't really compare the two.

I haven't seen anything of her on You Tube nor do I care to...

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Her studio stuff is FAR better. From what I see of her live performances on youtube, you can't really compare the two.
    ...but I saw her live on the Mojo channel (a high def channel I used to get on Comcast but it's no longer available) with the Dap Kings, playing somewhere in London, and it was excellent. I'm a fan but I don't automatically fawn all a live performance even if I like the artist, so I should be accused of being biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...but I saw her live on the Mojo channel (a high def channel I used to get on Comcast but it's no longer available) with the Dap Kings, playing somewhere in London, and it was excellent. I'm a fan but I don't automatically fawn all a live performance even if I like the artist, so I should be accused of being biased.
    I'm simply giving my opinion after having heard the album 100's of times possibly, and browsing some live stuff on youtube. I'm sure her live suff varies a lot. What I'm trying to say is that Hyfi should not base his opinion of her music simply by watching a couple videos of her off youtube.

Forum Regular
    I had a listen to her Back To Black CD. Voice is ok, but the CD starts to sound rather flat after a while. There is a certain sameness to every song.

Well, that picture that RoadRunner6 posted of her is probably the best she's looked in a while. Putting on weight is probably good, given the wasted anorexic look she had. Maybe there is some hope for her yet.

Incidentally, I once saw a photo of her taken before the drug use and tattoos. She had a bit more weight on her then too, and she looked hot.
    All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by emesbee
    There is a certain sameness to every song.
    Exactly. I don't need to hear studio versions to figure it out.

nightflier

Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by emesbee
    Well, that picture that RoadRunner6 posted of her is probably the best she's looked in a while. Putting on weight is probably good, given the wasted anorexic look she had. Maybe there is some hope for her yet.
    That photo was photoshopped, she never had that much weight on her.

I did a bit of reading on her and it seems she's had image issues all her life. Now with the drug use, she isn't really altogether there mentally either.

She deserves to be pitied more than envied, I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information