Thread: Paging Chris

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Paging Chris

I'm hoping that you're still lurking around here 'cause I have a question....

When I view a thread and then exit it, the little envelope closes. But if I exit the site and then log back in later, the little envelopes that I viewed earlier are open again even if there are no new posts.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get them to stay closed until a new post is posted?

BTW, I also want to thank you for all of your help in getting us all set up over here. Though we may whine and complain about the new format, your efforts in reuniting us all here are appreciated.

Forum Regular
    Are you two sure that you are logged in when reading the posts? It seems to work OK for me but of course if I read some posts without logging in and then come back later and login they won't indicate that I've read them.

Just a thought

EDIT: BTW Chris, this is at least the third time this has happened, where I have posted after someone but my post shows up before them in the list, even though my post is still idenntified as the last one on the main page. Curious and a little confusing .....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I'm hoping that you're still lurking around here 'cause I have a question....

When I view a thread and then exit it, the little envelope closes. But if I exit the site and then log back in later, the little envelopes that I viewed earlier are open again even if there are no new posts.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get them to stay closed until a new post is posted?
    Same thing happens to me- makes it difficult to figure out what's new to check out.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

So after doing some research, I've found that there may be a cookie error in the version we're using. We'll likely be upgrading to a newer version of vBulletin in hopes of solving this bug (and a couple of others). It may be another week or two before we're able to do this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey.
    Are you two sure that you are logged in when reading the posts? It seems to work OK for me but of course if I read some posts without logging in and then come back later and login they won't indicate that I've read them.

Just a thought

EDIT: BTW Chris, this is at least the third time this has happened, where I have posted after someone but my post shows up before them in the list, even though my post is still idenntified as the last one on the main page. Curious and a little confusing .....
    Yes, I'm sure I'm logged in when it happens. I also have noted the anomaly you describe.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    So after doing some research, I've found that there may be a cookie error in the version we're using. We'll likely be upgrading to a newer version of vBulletin in hopes of solving this bug (and a couple of others). It may be another week or two before we're able to do this though.
    That's great. Thanks for looking into it.

Thread Information