What idiot would put hidden tracks on a comp?

Davey, of course, that California nut-job. I got his Holiday Mixer 07 in the mail yesterday, along with a nice bonus cd that shall remain unnamed, and popped it in my PC. The song list was impressive, although I have 8 or the 15, but the thing kept playing beyond that list and I soon found out he stuck another 4 songs on it. I knew the first was from the latest Richmond Fontaine and another from the new Josh Ritter, but I'm stumped on the other two and they show up on Windows Media player as unknown. Rat bastard. Anybody else figure this out yet?

Nice comp though. Thanks.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Rat bastard.
    Monkey turd.

Hey, you should download one of the cdtext plugins for wmp, then you'd know! Or just click
    here for more info (not complete yet, but bonus tracks are listed). At least your copy plays OK. I sent one to Rae that just goes click click click. Anyone else get a bad one?

I sent a copy of that Richard Buckner debut on Deja Disc to a few that I thought might appreciate it. Sounds so nice compared to the one that was reissued later on Ryko.

I like Buckner quite a lot, so TY, and as for the...

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Monkey turd.

Hey, you should download one of the cdtext plugins for wmp, then you'd know! Or just click here for more info (not complete yet, but bonus tracks are listed). At least your copy plays OK. I sent one to Rae that just goes click click click. Anyone else get a bad one?

I sent a copy of that Richard Buckner debut on Deja Disc to a few that I thought might appreciate it. Sounds so nice compared to the one that was reissued later on Ryko.
    I've been called worse. I know about the plug-ins, but I'm usually not all that interested in finding them unless I really need it. Since you gave me the info, I don't need now do I?

I do like Buckner quite a lot, especially Meadow, so TY.

As for Rae's clicking cd, he probably digs it and will post a review in a day or so...nice beat and you can dance to it.

Swish Baby
    Last edited by Swish; 12-05-2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Monkey turd?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Bonus tracks? Cool.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    I've been called worse. I know about the plug-ins, but I'm usually not all that interested in finding them unless I really need it.
    If someone else does want a cdtext plugin for wmp, the one I use is by Tim de Baets and the download is at http://users.skynet.be/tim.debaets/s...CDText-1.0.exe

Of course, you can use a player that supports it natively like hacp or eac, or winamp with plugins, or whatever.

If Meadow is the only one you have, the next Buckner disc after the debut I sent sounds great too. Devotion + Doubt. Calexico guys and Howe Gelb provide much of the backing. Major label, but recorded and mastered very nicely, with lots of dynamic range. Meadow is kind of squished, but still a very good CD.

Is there anything do use with iTunes that helps identify tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Is there anything to use with iTunes that helps identify tracks?
    iTunes 7.5 reads (and writes) CD-Text. So does MediaMonkey which IMO is the best media player by far (Windows only, though).

NP (oddly enough) :
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Monkey turd.

At least your copy plays OK. I sent one to Rae that just goes click click click. Anyone else get a bad one?

Mine had a case of intermittent clicking in my universal but played perfectly on PC so I just burned it to another disc for usage in the big rig. No biggie and well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Mine had a case of intermittent clicking in my universal but played perfectly on PC so I just burned it to another disc for usage in the big rig. No biggie and well worth the effort.
    Yeah, I had to do the same thing.

I am using the latest iTunes 7.5 and there CD track names still won't come up, even when trying to get CD track names, anyone know how to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    I am using the latest iTunes 7.5 and there CD track names still won't come up, even when trying to get CD track names, anyone know how to get them?

Sorry for all the less than ideal copies. My drive has been giving me problems playing audio CDs, but not ripping, and seemed to be burning them OK based on playback in my other players. But it obviously made a u-turn somewhere on the road to Perfectville

Hey PS, did you reburn the disc with CD-TEXT? It's not automagic. Usually you have to select it, and your drive has to support it (although most newer ones do).

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    I'll try the re-burn, or at least playing it on a different system, as my copy has the serious clicks going on too. Hope it works cuz its a great lil' mix...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
    I'll try the re-burn, or at least playing it on a different system, as my copy has the serious clicks going on too. Hope it works cuz its a great lil' mix...
    Sorry about that. I burned some fresh copies on another system so I'll send you out another. The stupid thing played fine in my dvd player and in my car, but I didn't try out every copy. Must all be marginal, and then some more bad.

Thread Information