What a great freaking day for music

The long awaited (at least by me and Grandpa Swish) Boxer by The National. Sounds pretty freaking good even though it's through crappy monitor speakers here at work. (No I'm not stealing time). Up to track 3 and I love it so far.

-Grabbed even longer awaited full length s/t album by Voxtrot. What I actually heard I liked quite a bit.

-A decently reviewed Erasure album was too hard to pass on. Gonna play that as soon as I can bear to eject The National.

-Anyone grab the Wheat album? That one snuck by the local record store curators. Gonna have to wait until they get it in. Samples didn't sound especially impressive so I'd love to hear if their oversight saved me some money!

After some careful deliberation I passed on the new Stars album too. I was all psyched until I realized it was simply a remix of their previous release, Set Yourself On Fire. I love that one but do I really need a remix by the bands buds? Read a review on metacritic that said it was so good that it blew the original away. We'll see.

Hope y'all found something wicked.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Rae
    Nothing on my radar this week, although I am looking forward to the release of Shellac's Excellent Italian Greyhound on 6/5.

~Rae

sunshine came softly Monkey Bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    The long awaited (at least by me and Grandpa Swish) Boxer by The National.
    Me too, you midwestern weenie! The National is one of my favorite bands. This'll be #1 with a bullet when I get my sticky fingers on it. And I want that Voxtrot too! I feel like I'm living in that Vapors' song, ya know the one, I think I'm turning Jimmyclark, I think I'm turning Jimmyclark, I really think so ... what was that song about again ... oh yeah, now I remember

Hey, so goofy Sparklehorseys are bringing the hot fun here in the sticks, in the summertime previiew. Like cranking up the way back machine. Me and Mr. Peabody....

I stayed in a lake of fire
    my bed was an ancient pyre
    the stars all fell into the sea
    I can’t see the light for the trees
    for the trees

I have Boxer on the way from my pals at...

....deepdiscountcd.com, along with Sky Blue Sky, Volta from Bjork, Details by Frou Frou, and Speak for Yourself from Imogen Heap. Still digging that Thirteen Cities from Richmond Fontaine, Amy Winehouse, the Hold Steady....that's enough for now!

G Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Bones
    Me too, you midwestern weenie! The National is one of my favorite bands. This'll be #1 with a bullet when I get my sticky fingers on it. And I want that Voxtrot too! I feel like I'm living in that Vapors' song, ya know the one, I think I'm turning Jimmyclark, I think I'm turning Jimmyclark, I really think so ... what was that song about again ... oh yeah, now I remember

Hey, so goofy Sparklehorseys are bringing the hot fun here in the sticks, in the summertime previiew. Like cranking up the way back machine. Me and Mr. Peabody....

I stayed in a lake of fire
    my bed was an ancient pyre
    the stars all fell into the sea
    I can’t see the light for the trees
    for the trees
    Well, I didn't want to speak for you since sometimes you don't need to dig too deep into a catalog before you're ready to discover the next latest and greatest. I did kinda figure that you'd want this one though.

So far the Voxtrot isn't ringing my bell all the way through. Pretty decent throughout but no National, that's for sure. See it in spots, then it just goes away.

My past performance is not indicative of your results. Of course the disclaimer is understood.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular
    well I just got a "MAN" double CD titled: "1971-1975 Keep on Crinting"

Man was a prog/jam band from Wales, they actually regrouped and put out another record recently...

check them out on AMG (All Music.com)

Did you say 'Man". My best bud Bob has everything...

Quote Originally Posted by unleasHell
    well I just got a "MAN" double CD titled: "1971-1975 Keep on Crinting"

Man was a prog/jam band from Wales, they actually regrouped and put out another record recently...

check them out on AMG (All Music.com)
    ...they ever put out on vinyl. The one has incredible 'pop out' art work...you know...when you open the album jacket, a large map or something pops up. It's really cool, and I understand it's also very valuable to collectors. I have to get the name of that one for you.

G Swish
    Last edited by Swish; 05-29-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Did you say 'Man". My bust bud Bob has everything...
    There has to be a joke in there somewhere. Something about a man-bra and Swish's bust bud.

Yes, I agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    There has to be a joke in there somewhere. How could there possibly be prog fans still inhabiting the earth? Didn't they become extinct around the same time as the dinosaurs?
    Well said Fall Girl.

G Swish

There has to be a joke in there somewhere. How could there possibly be prog fans still inhabiting the earth? Didn't they become extinct around the same time as the dinosaurs?
    You should know Grandpa, you're old enough to have been around for the extinction.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...they ever put out on vinyl. The one has incredible 'pop out' art work...you know...when you open the album jacket, a large map or something pops up. It's really cool, and I understand it's also very valuable to collectors. I have to get the name of that one for you.

G Swish
    I HAVE THAT ONE, WITH THE MAP, IT IS VERY COOL...

THANKS

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    Nothing on my radar this week, although I am looking forward to the release of Shellac's Excellent Italian Greyhound on 6/5.
    bump! this comes out tomorrow!

~Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    bump! this comes out tomorrow!

~Rae
    Along with the new Dream Theater!

Thread Information