Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer View Post
    Listening again to that fabulous Heavy Eights album - thanks for bringing this great album to my attention Davey.
    Yea, I do like that one a lot. Maybe not quite the way I like the self-titled one, or Feather in the Engine, but still quite a lot. Wish it was mastered with some more dynamics, though it doesn't sound bad like so many maximized and distorted messes nowadays. Probably a much better sounding record. Bet I'm as tired of saying that as people are of hearing it

BTW, I think it was our buddy Mike that tipped us off first to this new one last year ...

Half Gone 2011?

She very well may hold that record...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    I see you went on an exciting road trip to visit the Swishes! I think you must hold the record for the most face-to-face meetings with fellow rave-wreckers! Snowie
    ...but I don't think I'm far behind, if at all. Two trips to NYC (J), two trips to Toronto (Fall Girl, BarryL & Audio Bill), one trip to Chicago (Fall Girl, JohnMichael, Bobsticks), two trips to NOLA (one with DLD and spouse, the second with Audio Bill and spouse), and the visit from the crazy Canadians to my humble abode.

Great to see you check in to RR. I don't get to visit as often these days, but you are a rare sight indeed.
    Last edited by Swish; 06-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    ...but I don't think I'm far behind, if at all. Two trips to NYC (J), two trips to Toronto (Fall Girl & Audio Bill), one trip to Chicago (Fall Girl, JohnMichael, Slosh), two trips to NOLA (one with DLD and spouse, the second with Audio Bill and spouse), and the visit from the crazy Canadians to my humble abode.

Great to see you check in to RR. I don't get to visit as often these days, but you are a rare sight indeed.
    I think you meant Bobsticks, not Slosh. You actually beat me.

IIRC you've met: Me, Audiobill, BarryL, J, JohnMichael, Bobsticks, and DLD = 7.

I've met: You, Audiobill, JohnMichael, Bobsticks, and Mr. Midfi = 5. I'm not counting BarryL since I've known him my whole life.

Unless I've forgotten someone, you're up on me. Although I'm hoping to meet GMichael later this summer. Not that this is a competition or anything. But it sure is fun meeting everyone!

Oh brother.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I think you meant Bobsticks, not Slosh. You actually beat me.

IIRC you've met: Me, Audiobill, BarryL, J, JohnMichael, Bobsticks, and DLD = 7.

I've met: You, Audiobill, JohnMichael, Bobsticks, and Mr. Midfi = 5. I'm not counting BarryL since I've known him my whole life.

Unless I've forgotten someone, you're up on me. Although I'm hoping to meet GMichael later this summer. Not that this is a competition or anything. But it sure is fun meeting everyone!
    I was in a bit of a hurry when posting that, and I forgot BarryL and confused Slosh with Bobsticks. Probably because the names sound so much alike.

Looks like I win!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Looks like I win!
    Yes Siree. You are the big wiener.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Yes Siree. You are the big wiener.
    I've met Troy -- that's it -- but..........lots of music, beer & fun in San Francisco.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

You have my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder View Post
    I've met Troy -- that's it.

...but I don't think I'm far behind, if at all. Two trips to NYC (J), two trips to Toronto (Fall Girl, BarryL & Audio Bill), one trip to Chicago (Fall Girl, JohnMichael, Bobsticks), two trips to NOLA (one with DLD and spouse, the second with Audio Bill and spouse), and the visit from the crazy Canadians to my humble abode.

You do get around dontcha, Swishie!

I'd love to be able to challenge you and Fall Girl for the record, but everyone here seems to congregate on the left coast. I would love to have the access to concerts, and the board buds that you do, but I'm just not ready to leave the west coast.

But someday if the stars all align, I might just plan a trip to one of the mega-music-extravaganzas and hopefully run into a few of the old gang from the board.

If we could just get cc and Darius to show-up the time warp would be complete.
    That would be nice! And don't forget we need some sugar and spice from our resident dealer of drugs . . .

I hit the big 5-0 earlier this year so a little time travel is just what the doctor ordered, and you calling me maf also keeps me young. Thanks.
    Say it ain't so, marky-mark! In my mind, you'll always be a handsome, 30-something man of music, thanks to the magic of the internet!

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Been listening to the new Rush (its excellent)

The new Anathema album, Weather Systems, is a gorgeously produced, very chillaxed, but ultimately samey sounding effort... this should finally kill off their Goth rock fanbase . Seriously, they are so far removed from their roots, not that I think that's a bad thing in their case. As lush as this effort is, its a mood album and less interesting than their previous album, We're Here Because We're Here.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Tunesday Tunes!

Today a really nice one from New Zealand way back in 1990 by The Chills. This was their trip to the majors, and is a pretty diverse collection of jangly pop... Part Past Part Fiction at song of the day.

Hmmm... I'll play this Tuesday game. Here's what I'm listening to right now:

Run DMT: Bong Voyage

Yeah, from the cover and title this one may be a bit centered on certain activities. I heard this guy from a cassette release last year called Dreams that I've played a lot and enjoy. This was an earlier web release given away for free. Lots of similarities, but I think I like Dreams better. On Dreams the fractured noodling and atmospheric pieces may have dominated, but they also set the stage for 2-3 really great songs with more structure that sort of rose up out of bits of dialogue and weird background noises. Here, it's all the background stuff without those really good tracks to stand out. Still not bad for some decent laid back background music while at work, but nothing I'm too excited about.
    Last edited by nobody; 06-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.

To tell the truth it really doesn't sound any better than the DVD's 20-bit/48kHz PCM stereo track, except it is in 5.1. The surround mix is pretty subtle most of the time. I'll take that rather than an over-the-top surround mix any day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

We are thinking about the NOLA Jazz Fest in a couple years.

You do get around dontcha, Swishie!

I'd love to be able to challenge you and Fall Girl for the record, but everyone here seems to congregate on the left coast. I would love to have the access to concerts, and the board buds that you do, but I'm just not ready to leave the west coast.

But someday if the stars all align, I might just plan a trip to one of the mega-music-extravaganzas and hopefully run into a few of the old gang from the board.
    That's a fantastic place to be for music, and not just the Fest itself. That would be the first weekend of May in 2014. Mark your calendar lol!

That's a fantastic place to be for music, and not just the Fest itself. That would be the first weekend of May in 2014. Mark your calendar lol!
    Well, you can just stick that lol in your pipe and smoke it, Swishie!

Do you dare doubt the possibility that I might make it to New Orleans? Surely by now you know me better than that!

And to close out the day, got a stack of 78s spinning...King Cole Trio, Fats Waller, Three Suns, Louis Armstrong, Coleman Hawkins...

Easy there Snowbuns!

Well, you can just stick that lol in your pipe and smoke it, Swishie!

Do you dare doubt the possibility that I might make it to New Orleans? Surely by now you know me better than that!
    The lol wasn't about you not showing up in NOLA. I said 'mark your calendar' for something that's nearly 2 years in the future, an inordinately long period of time when you think about it.

Now pour yourself a glass of booze and chill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information