Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

The Way-Back Machine (Ghost's Hypnotic Underworld)

This is so good. I would never have guessed that this was the same band that did Snuffbox Immanence. This may oust Auf der Maur as my favourite release of the year. Kudos to tentoze for hawking this one, sorry I doubted you, dude. Glad I finally got a chance to hear it (thanks to Davey for that).

What's it like? Psychedelic jam, and quite a bit of it, but there's the occasional song in there, too. Haven't wrapped my noodle around enough of it to fully describe it, but suffice it to say that if I were to send this out as a mystery disk, you would never believe that it was made in the post Y2K world.

Three thumbs up.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    This is so good. I would never have guessed that this was the same band that did Snuffbox Immanence. This may oust Auf der Maur as my favourite release of the year. Kudos to tentoze for hawking this one, sorry I doubted you, dude. Glad I finally got a chance to hear it (thanks to Davey for that).

What's it like? Psychedelic jam, and quite a bit of it, but there's the occasional song in there, too. Haven't wrapped my noodle around enough of it to fully describe it, but suffice it to say that if I were to send this out as a mystery disk, you would never believe that it was made in the post Y2K world.

Three thumbs up.
    Chalk,

I agree with everything you said here, Dusty- no pigeon-holes on this one. It is the shiznett...remarkable music, regardless of what you call it.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar

Lightbulb

I've heard a lot of buzz on this particular record. Pitchfork gave it an extremely good review. Yup, it's going on the list now for sure. I may have to check out Ghost's earlier work too.
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Thread Information