Thread: Univers Zero

Forum Regular

Univers Zero

Any fans of this amazing chamber/prog ensemble from Belgium?
    I was fortunate enough to see their first US appearance at NEARfest last summer.
    A real smoker!

chris

Forum Regular
    Aren't they kind of "prog metal" of sorts?

I never heard their stuff, I don't think.

Nearfest, eh? Wish I could have gone...

IQ is playing this year but their drummer just quit...wonder who will get that gig?

Dave

fortune smiled on me too

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgnat
    Any fans of this amazing chamber/prog ensemble from Belgium?
    I was fortunate enough to see their first US appearance at NEARfest last summer.
    A real smoker!

chris
    Curiously I took my seat at last years Nearfest, not knowing what to expect as I'd never heard UZ.
    I think my head exploded by the end of the set, the powerful visual images that were projected along with, what I thought was 'end of the world carnival music'. They were the highlight of last years weekend IMO.
    I became a fan right then, and bought 'Ceux du Dehors' (translation:those of the outside).
    I find only the first two songs of that album to be great, it seems to lose steam after 2 songs (20 minutes worth tho). I'm hoping they release a DVD of their NF set, the visuals really added to my enjoyment.
    Any suggestions for further exloration? Maybe I'll post on PE and ask Chad if a DVD is planned, that would really twirl my propeller.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by richmon
    Curiously I took my seat at last years Nearfest, not knowing what to expect as I'd never heard UZ.
    I think my head exploded by the end of the set, the powerful visual images that were projected along with, what I thought was 'end of the world carnival music'. They were the highlight of last years weekend IMO.
    I became a fan right then, and bought 'Ceux du Dehors' (translation:those of the outside).
    I find only the first two songs of that album to be great, it seems to lose steam after 2 songs (20 minutes worth tho). I'm hoping they release a DVD of their NF set, the visuals really added to my enjoyment.
    Any suggestions for further exloration? Maybe I'll post on PE and ask Chad if a DVD is planned, that would really twirl my propeller.
    Get UZED, there rock-iest and high water mark IMO.
    Then check out Heatwave, then Rhythmix.
    If your truly adventerous then move on to UZ offshoot "Present", pronounced Pra-zant.
    They'll be at NEARfest this year! they sound like a heavy metal UZ!

Thread Information