Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tunesday Time Again

Seemed like a lot of newbies roaming around the last couple weeks that wanted to confess their weekly musical sins, so here's your chance boys and girls! Whacha been listening to this past week, or name something that has really floated away your boat, or just rip into someone else's obvious lack of musical taste. No holds barred. Dog eat dog. Life in the foodchain - where are you now Tonio when we need you?

Hey, just got this new one from Lockgroove last night and, and, yowser, it sure sounds good so far! Very nice for waking up with a cup and spending way too much time on the computer while I should be getting ready for work type of music. It does have a lot more of a pop sound, kind of like the Autolux album that I also like a lot. And a more upbeat version of that Secret Machines. But these guys are a little more special to me. Definitely worth checking out if you like this kind of music. Think along the lines of Ride and My Bloody Valentine and all the poppy shoegazers, but sometimes mixed up with a little George Harrison from All Things Must Pass. Not exactly the Beatles era George, but the one after. Some Dusk at Cubist Castle in the mix for the OTC fans here, but you stll have some of that Jesus & Mary Chain too. Pretty cool. Still, I've only got in two listens so don't put too much weight on what I say....nice 4.5 star review at AMG thast says all the right words if you click on the cover below

Also some other stuff like

Pixies - Doolittle / Surfer Rosa (had to spin some Pixies after the fun Austin City Limits show the other night)
    Violent Femmes
    Fiery Furnaces EP
    Notwist - Neon Golden
    Vetiver (lots of Vetiver - it gets better all the time)

Your turn. Don't be shy. Only a couple of us bite, and not very hard either.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    This week, I took a step backwards...got out my old 501's, a denim shirt, leather jacket, went to the local CD shop and picked up MOTLEY CRUE's latest "compliation"..."Red, White, and Crue" I think it's called...getting a little Progged out lately...

This thing is wicked cheap, $12 canadian at CD plus here in NB. 2 CD's, all the good stuff (and a good chunk of bad) but you can't argue for the money...Not much to say, the 3 new tracks are really bad, the few unreleased tunes are nothing to get excited about, but if you like Motley Crue and remember the times when rock stars were like Gods among men, well...it'll bring back a few memories. Good pickup for us cheap Crue fans (those that have the guts to confess, anyway) who never did replace the Vinyl/Cassettes with CD's.

Other notables:
    Neil Young - Decade
    Pink Floyd - DSOTM, just got the SACD, this CD remaster is quite a bit better than my older CD
    Pearl Jam - Lost Dogs (arguably the best PJ album)
    B.B. King - Live at the Regal
    Opeth - Deliverance
    Gov't Mule - Life Before Insanity
    Rush - 2112 (okay, still a bit o' prog in rotation).

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Okay, I finally have to ask...

What is a shoegazer?

Suspended

Last night was Music Video time

We broke out some old videos with some Victory Golden Monkey.

Newport Jazz Festival from 95 & 93
    Larry Carlton
    Larry & Lee (Carlton & Rittenour)
    Rite of Strings (Ponty DiMeola Clark)
    Koko Taylor w Lonny Brooks, Jr Wells, and a few others
    Eric Johnson
    Buddy Guy

SRV from Austin City Limits circa 1983
    This should have been cut as a live album. He was so stoned, his eyes wouldn't even open. Great performance and I can't believe this tape has survived for 23 years. Picture and sound quality are spectacular.

Santana- the Fox special from 2000 performing most of the Supernatural cd and a few that didn't make the cd. This is the one where he has the camera strapped to the neck of his guitar.
    By the way, what kind of wood is his awesome PRS guitar, Tiger Maple?

Santana- Live in Mexico- another nice set of mostly his older tunes.

Sade- In The Spotlight- not sure what year but probably 95 or earlier. There is just something about her...huh guys? Her backup band is always top notch.

Ok......Question of the day-
    Has anyone ever seen SRV or Santana without a hat? I think the only time I ever saw Santana without one was his Barbara WaWa interview where he talked about being molested as a child.

Hyfi

Picked up the Soundtrack to "The Incredibles". It's a gas. The best Bond soundtrack John Barry never did. This score not getiing an Oscar nom is a crime.

J sent me "The Desoto Reds", a dense and sound effects laden retro-60s vibe power pop album. If only Syd Barrett hadn't done that one hit of acid that put him over the top . . . PPG would really like this.

Dave Brubeck- Time out- What a timeless classic of tasty playing and odd meter. It made me dig up Miles Davis, Kida Blue which I don't think I will EVER warm up to. Gimme the Brubeck any day.

Others:
    Mr. Bungle- California
    10cc- Original Soundtrack
    Air- 10,000Hz Legend
    The Cardigans- Gran Tourismo
    Secret Cheifs 3- Book of Horizons
    IQ- Dark Matter
    Happy the Man- The Muse Awakewns
    XTC- Big Express
    Helmet of Gnats
    Talking Heads- Naked
    Cluseaux- Lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    What is a shoegazer?
    Hehehe, pretty silly name for a genre of music, huh? Bands like Ride and Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine and some of the others in the late 80s began mixing brit-pop with layers and waves of guitar distortion (similar to Jesus & Mary Chain and Galaxie 500 and Spacemen 3 and many others before them, but more ethereal in a Cocteau Twins sort of way) and when they performed live they usually had multiple guitarists with a big array of effects pedals and boxes on the floor in front of them so spent most of the show gazing at their shoes. So the story goes. You know those English critics - always looking to pen a new genre name and create a legacy

Radiohead - Kid A
    Leon Parker/Charlie Hunter - Duo
    Josh Rouse - 1972
    Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    Christian McBride - Gettin' to It
    Bright Eyes - Lifted . . .
    The Shins - Chutes too Narrow
    De Lucia, DiMeola, McLaughlin - A Night in San Francisco
    Chris Whitley - Rocket House
    Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted
    Manitoba - Up in Flames

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Hey, Davey, you know what you might like? Aqueduct. I was attracted to the cover, but musically, I lump them in with Arcade Fire/Autolux...you know, all that indie hipster stuff that I only sometimes get into. I liked the cover:

...(trust me, it looks much cooler in person), but was unimpressed when listening to it in the listening station.

Anyway, what I've been listening to:

Gathering: Mandylion, Nighttime Birds, How to Measure a Planet?, if_then_else and Souvenirs. And no, I can't find my copy of Black Light District, otherwise I'd be listening to that, too. These guys just rock, I love them. Over and over and over again.

Girls Against Boys, You Can't Fight What You Can't See -- groovy.

Rotersand, Truth is Fanatic -- beautiful EBM.

Maquiladora, What the Day was Dreaming and Ritual of Hearts -- needed to slow it down a bit.

Opeth, Damnation and Deliverance -- I think it's funny that the harder one is deliverance, and the softer one is damnation.

Simple -- electroclash side-project of...I dunno, someone. Cool covers.

Nouvelle Vague -- silly loungish/jazzish/Sade-ish covers of classic 80's songs -- "Making Plans for Nigel" is particularly fun, also includes Joy Division (Love Will Tear Us Apart), Depeche Mode (Just Can't Get Enough), PIL (This Is Not A Love Song), Cure (A Forest), Modern English (I Melt With You)...just a great great record. LOTW.

Elend, Winds Devouring Men and The Umbersun -- I just noticed, I listened to a lot of two-fers. This is a particularly experimental pairing.

Stereolab, Margerine Eclipse -- doot-y (lots of doots). Somewhat French. Ish.

Anniemal this gets better with each listen, but it's still not as good as Kylie.

Diary of Dreams, Nigredo -- their best yet, yes.

Telefon Tel Aviv, Map of What is Effortless -- another one that gets better with every listen.

Friends of Dean Martinez, Random Harvest -- great hangover music. Simply gorgeous, with a most delicious analog-y production.

Lush, Cookie -- several really standout tracks. I really like "Love at First Sight" and "Undertow (Spooky Remix)".

Blur, Bustin' + Dronin' -- the live side is a little raw, but the remix side rocks.

Neuroactive, Put Your Trust In Me -- back when they were even better.

Dykehouse, Midrange -- this really should have caught the attention of more critics. Oh, well, I guess not enough payola...

Electrelane, The Power Out -- another one I've been enjoying more with each listen. I really like the variety of it. For example, I'm listening to the Stereolab right now, and it's hitting me as a little same-y, compared to Electrelane.

Amorphis, From from the Sun -- still likey.

Battery, Aftermath -- not their best, but still quite enjoyable. Hard electro-pop/EBM/industrial/whatever. That stuff I listen to.

Faithless, No Roots -- too hip-hoppity for any favourites list, but "accessible to this white boy" enough for the occasional spin, plus, the occasional really standout track.

Marianne Faithfull, Before the Poison -- this is as good as it sounds like it should be: input from PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, and Damon Albarn (Blur guy). With MF's inimitable singing style. Other LOTW.

Godspeed You Black Emperor, F# A# (infinity), Slow Riot to New Zero Kanada and Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna to Heaven -- I forgot how much I like these guys -- spine-tingling music.

Explosions in the Sky, The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place -- I had this on right after GYBE, and almost missed it. They're right up there with them. I have to pick up the other one, now.

Jeff Beck, Jeff -- simply gorgeous music, completely overproduced (ProTools stuttering, distorted vocals, the works), but enjoyably so.

VidnaObmana, Legacy -- a wonderful conclusion to his trilogy. Now I need to find the others so that I can listen to it all at once.

Dark Tranquility, Character -- EAR CANDY METAL!!!!! Rawk!!!!
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

I had some driving time this past week, so I got some listening in:

Talking Heads - Fear of Music
    This is the only Talking Heads album I didn't have until recently. I've only spun it once (although I'd heard most of the tracks before), but I'm thinking after some serious time with it, it may rival Remain In Light for my favorite TH album.

April March - Paris In April
    The more I listen to this, the more I like it. Fun pop music that contains elements of French pop and other styles.

Cristina - Doll In the Box
    Speaking of French pop....

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
    Another band that I was late in coming to, but man, they have some great songs. I with I had had an opportunity to see them live, because they sound like they put on an outstanding live show.

A Mighty Wind, The Album
    This is chock full of great folk songs, even though they were written for the movie. Really a quality album in its own right.

Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress
    Pinback - Summer in Abaddon
    Trashcan Sinatras - Weightlifting
    Otis Redding - Otis Blue
    Mind Funk - s/t
    Velvet Underground - Live at Max's Kansas City (disc 1)
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

JRH
    Forum Regular

Why, of course...

Trail of Dead - World's Apart
    This album has satisfied my musical jones since I picked up the promo about 2 weeks ago. This is an easy album to get obsessed with. Every listen brings out more detail and more melody.

Also, anybody here hip to Minus the Bear? My daughter turned me onto a cd from them. Not sure whether it's a comp or complete release. But it sounds kinda fun. A little Incubus, a little Police...

Boots, boots, and some more boots. It's like someone is kicking me in the head.

Also got a couple of new ones last week, very mixed bag.

Bright Eyes-Digital Ash For A Digital Urn. I like most of it. Bright Eyes is a real hit or miss proposition for me. The songs I like I really like but the others I wish I'd never heard. Can't imagine liking anything on the Alt. Country disc so I just saved the cash.

...Trail Of Dead- Worlds Apart. It does have an epic sort of feel to it. Problem is that an epic dump is still just a dump at the core of it all. I can't imagine ever liking this.

Erasure- Nightbird. Starts out extremely promising and then seems to lose some steam. Haven't really played it enough to feel good about relegating it to the confines of the underbed storage box just yet though.

Some bootleg recordings follow
    That Interpol that I posted the link to last week. Awesome sound quality with only some minor irration at the pronounced edits between tracks.

That Fire Arcade show that I also included. sound quality isn't nearly as good though.

B-52"s-a soundboard recording that's too die for.
    B-52s
    8/11/01
    venue unknown
    sdb(unknown)>cdr(nero)>eac>shn

disc 1
    Is that You Mo-Dean
    Dance This Mess Around
    Good Stuff
    Lava
    Roam
    Quiche Lorraine
    Dead Beat Club
    Hero
    Private Idaho

disc 2
    Revolution
    Pluto
    Strobe Light
    Love Shack
    Whammy
    Cosmic Thing
    Rock Lobster

A collection of Arcade Fire Christmas toons d/l in lossless format

A stunning Depeche Mode Show feat. a smoking rendition of "Never Let Me Down Again" and "Home"
    CD1:
    01. Painkiller (Intro)
    02. A Question of Time
    03. World in my Eyes
    04. Policy of Truth
    05. Its No Good
    06. Never Let Me Down Again
    07. Walking In My Shoes
    08. Only When I lose Myself
    09. A Question Of Lust
    10. Home

CD2:
    01. Condemnation
    02. In Your Room (Zeyphr Mix) *my fav version :-s*
    03. Useless
    04. Enjoy the Silence
    05. Personal Jesus
    06. Barrel of a Gun
    07. Somebody
    08. Stripped
    09. I Feel You
    10. I Just Can't Get Enough

Another Interpol boot without such good sound quality but a much longer show. Major drawback is that the bass is way too boomy.
    Interpol
    Bristol Academy
    Bristol, UK
    2004-12-15

Source: CSB + Battery Box > Creative Nomad Jukebox 3
    Conversion/Editing: JB3 > Firewire > Soundforge 7.0 > CD Wave > Flac Frontend v1.7.1

01 - Next Exit
    02 - Obstacle 1
    03 - Narc
    04 - Public Pervert
    05 - Say Hello To The Angels
    06 - Not Even Jail
    07 - Hands Away
    08 - NYC
    09 - Slow Hands
    10 - Length Of Love
    11 - Evil
    12 - PDA
    13 - Break
    14 - Leif Erikson
    15 - Roland
    16 - Break
    17 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down

Yet Another Arcade Fire Boot:
    The Arcade Fire
    January 17, 2005
    The Casbah: San Diego, CA, USA

Source: AT943 Omnis > UA-5 digimod > JB3 Optical In @ 16/44.1khz [15' dfc]
    Transfer: JB3 > firewire > dEdit > cdwave > flac
    Tape & Transfer: raistrick@gmail.com

Disc 1:
    01. Intro [01:24.55]
    02. Wake Up [06:24.41]
    03. Neighborhood #2 (Laika) [04:36.29]
    04. No Cars Go [06:43.33]
    05. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) [05:34.08]
    06. Crown Of Love [06:40.61]
    07. Cars And Telephones [07:12.19]
    08. Born On A Train^ [05:07.02]
    09. Une Année Sans Lumiere [04:23.42]
    10. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) > [06:23.68]
    11. Rebellion [04:44.25]
    12. encore break [03:25.59]
    13. Haiti [06:09.28]
    14. In The Back Seat [06:29.26]

A Morrissey boot off the latest tour but the music has way too much of a cavernous feel. Too bad since the talking is just fine.

And a few more, but I've got to get a kid to the orthodontist by 2:00

See ya,
    jd
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hehehe, pretty silly name for a genre of music, huh? Bands like Ride and Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine and some of the others in the late 80s began mixing brit-pop with layers and waves of guitar distortion (similar to Jesus & Mary Chain and Galaxie 500 and Spacemen 3 and many others before them, but more ethereal in a Cocteau Twins sort of way) and when they performed live they usually had multiple guitarists with a big array of effects pedals and boxes on the floor in front of them so spent most of the show gazing at their shoes. So the story goes. You know those English critics - always looking to pen a new genre name and create a legacy
    Thanks Davey, even though I've never heard the bands that you have named. The explanation of "shoegazer" now makes some sense anyway.

This weeks listens include:

The Rheostatics - 2067
    Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
    The Thrills - So Much For the City
    The Thrills - Let's Bottle Bohemia (I like this one much better than the first)
    Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
    Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
    The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
    Scissor Sisters (skipping a few tracks that I don't like)
    The National - Cherry Tree
    Pinback - Summer in Abaddon (still trying to get more familiar with this one, but liking it so far)

A minor return to prog with:
    IZZ - I Move
    Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

And I watched part of the new Blue Rodeo DVD, Stereovision . I've been hand picking the tracks to watch and the sound is not very impressive. I won't pass judgement until I've seen the whole thing, since each track was recorded in a different place. I'm hoping that I was just unlucky in picking the worst tracks first.

Quote Originally Posted by JRH
    Also, anybody here hip to Minus the Bear? My daughter turned me onto a cd from them. Not sure whether it's a comp or complete release. But it sounds kinda fun. A little Incubus, a little Police...
    Sounds like something I'd like. Thanks for the tip.

music geek Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Seemed like a lot of newbies roaming around the last couple weeks that wanted to confess their weekly musical sins, so here's your chance boys and girls! .....
    Your turn. Don't be shy. Only a couple of us bite, and not very hard either.
    At the risk of getting bitten....
    U2 "...atomic bomb"
    Cocteau Twins "Milk and Kisses"
    Johnny A "Get Inside"
    Flower Kings "Adam & Eve"
    String Cheese Incident "Untying the Knot"
    Jethro Tull "Aqualung"
    Phantom of the Opera soundtrack
    Brian Wilson "SMiLE"
    Porcupine Tree "In Absentia"
    Phish "rift"

Forum Regular
    Listening to a ton of U2;getting ready for the big show in April.
    Getting Flaming Lips Zaireeka ready to roll for this weekend.Somethin cool about setting up 4 stereos to listen to a cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
    At the risk of getting bitten....
    U2 "...atomic bomb"
    Cocteau Twins "Milk and Kisses"
    Johnny A "Get Inside"
    Flower Kings "Adam & Eve"
    String Cheese Incident "Untying the Knot"
    Jethro Tull "Aqualung"
    Phantom of the Opera soundtrack
    Brian Wilson "SMiLE"
    Porcupine Tree "In Absentia"
    Phish "rift"
    I've had my shots.

Cocteau Twins-that's nothing to be ashamed of. As for the rest, well, there's safety around here in numbers.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

I went on a mini Traffic marathon after reading on another board about Jim Capaldi's death. John Barleycorn Must Die, Low Spark of High Heeled Boys, Dear Mr. Fantasy and Traffic got back to back to back to back spins and they all sounded great. Traffic was one of my favorite bands when I was much much younger and they still sound great today to these ears. Too bad it took the death of one of its founding members to get me pull these old favorites out. R.I.P. JC!

Flaming Stars; Ginmill Perfume and Sunset & Void, man I'm just loving these albums. At first I prefered the earlier Ginmill Perfume, which compiles early singles, for it's freshness, but I do hear some amateurishness (not necessarily a bad thing). Sunset & Void is more polished and professional sounding without losing the freshness...both are great.

Holy Cole; Don't Smoke In Bed and Temptation, it's a shame that Holy Cole doesn't get the recognition of the current jazz divas; Nora Jones and Diana Krall, I find her music has so much more substance and style. She always adds a unique touch to her interpretations, but not so much so to alienate the casual fan, (as I find Cassandra Wilson and Patricia Barber can sonmetimes do.) Both albums also sound fantastic. Revisiting these old favorites caused me to order her latest, of which allmusic thinks very highly.

Bob Dylan; Bringing it all Back Home and Time Out of Mind. What can I say?
    Lucinda Williams; World Without Tears
    Ron Sexsmith
    Elvis Costello; Imperial Bedroom
    Joe Jackson; Night & Day
    David Bowie; Low
    Pink Floyd; DSOTM
    Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros; Streetcore
    Built to Spill; Keep It Like a Secret
    Low; Things We Lost in the Fire
    OutKast; Stankonia
    Arcade Fire; Funeral
    Stan Getz/Charlie Byrd; Jazz Samba
    Sonny Rollins; Saxophone Colossus
    Kenny Dorham; Quiet Kenny
    Jacintha; Lush Life
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Quote Originally Posted by umapet97
    Listening to a ton of U2;getting ready for the big show in April.
    Getting Flaming Lips Zaireeka ready to roll for this weekend.Somethin cool about setting up 4 stereos to listen to a cd.
    I have yet to run into anyone who thinks that was worth the time and effort. Course I don't run into too many people who even know about that. Curious to learn your impressions. Have fun.

jc

Oh yeah, been spinning the new Mercury Rev a little too. I like it a lot so far but haven't even been all the way through yet. It does sound a bit like a combination of Deserter's Songs and All Is Dream, not quite as precious as the latter and not as earthy as the former. Kind of a nice place to be. Very nice, classy, glossy lyric book/liner notes too. Mine is a European (EC) copy from cd-wow and the cover image that I was a bit letdown by does look a lot better in person

Smile Nice Picks....

Quote Originally Posted by Olivertmc
    Radiohead - Kid A
    Leon Parker/Charlie Hunter - Duo
    Josh Rouse - 1972
    Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
    Christian McBride - Gettin' to It
    Bright Eyes - Lifted . . .
    The Shins - Chutes too Narrow
    De Lucia, DiMeola, McLaughlin - A Night in San Francisco
    Chris Whitley - Rocket House
    Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken
    Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted
    Manitoba - Up in Flames

Hey, olivrtmc.

I really dig your weeks' worth of music.
    That "A Night in San Francisco" is simply outstanding.
    In fact, your post had me reaching for it, after I got in from work, today.

Thanks,
    Bill aka audiobill

Robert Wyatt ‘Shleep’ – growing on me with every listen, the song ‘blues in Bob minor’ is particularly good.
    Modern Jazz Quartet ‘1957’ –have I seen a MJQ post on this board? Excellent band, excellent CD. Timeless.
    A Perfect Circle ‘Mer de Noms’ –their best album imho, a few songs are PTreeish to these ears
    Buffalo Springfield ‘Retrospective’ –sounds dated, will have to spend more time with it.
    Zombies ‘Odessey and Oracle’ –been meaning to buy this for ages – catchy in a quaint psychedelic way.
    Nightwish ‘Once’ – been listening to a lot of heavy stuff while working out. The minutes fly by on the stepper listening to this pup.
    Farpoint ‘from dreaming to dreaming’ –four or five excellent songs on this.
    Anekdoten ‘Gravity’ –I love this band and CD, mellotron drenched.
    R.L. Burnside ‘Come on in’ – this sounded good at the store on headphones, not so good when I got it home –WTF?

Wink Welcome...

Welcom to the site, Red Imperial Aerosol Kid and umapet97.

I see you both like U2. Well, me too.

As for their concert, they're not coming to Toronto for the first leg -- too bad.

My wife and I saw them the last time they were here a couple of years ago and it truly was one of the best show we've ever seen.

From the moment they took to the stage, there was not one person sitting down for the entire show. Similarly, the sing-a-long, was infectious.

Glad you can join us, at RaveRecs.
    Bill

Melancholic....

I'll be brief.

Elliott Smith -- from a basement on the hill

Nirvana -- the box-set

Drive-by-Truckers: Dirty South
    (A Big thanks to Stone for introducing me to this band. Heartache never sounded so good.)

The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Miss Machine

Cheers,
    audiobill

Forum Regular
    Ines - Hunting the Fox. I got this off of ebay for 10 bucks and have had it on cdr from Demetrio for some time. I love this disc. It's keyboard based "happy" prog with a killer feel. The real cd seems to sound a lot more full than a copy.

Big Country - Peace in Our Time - remaster, of course. Fluff pop rock stuff with loud guitars and all that, I like it.

Kerry Livgren - When things get Electric. It's an okay pop kind of recording, but still pretty good, because, hey, it's Kerry, ya know.

Pendragon - The World (or something like that). Another "neo-prog" band that I like a lot.

Van Halen - I borrowed 2 mid term Van Halens from this dude at work and they both fit on 1 cdr. 1984 and Fair Warning. I like this stuff a lot.

Galahad - Sleepers. Another neoprog band that has a few excellent releases, and this is one of them. Hard to find this disc. I have it on cdr but want the real mutha.

Cheap Trick - their first one. Not bad, but their latter stuff is better to me.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill
    Welcom to the site, Red Imperial Aerosol Kid and umapet97.

I see you both like U2. Well, me too.

As for their concert, they're not coming to Toronto for the first leg -- too bad.

My wife and I saw them the last time they were here a couple of years ago and it truly was one of the best show we've ever seen.

From the moment they took to the stage, there was not one person sitting down for the entire show. Similarly, the sing-a-long, was infectious.

Glad you can join us, at RaveRecs.
    Bill
    Hey Bill. I got an email from Edge 102 yesterday and Queens of the Stoneage are coming to town. March 30, I think. I'm on the wrong computer to look up the details, but email me if it interests you. I'm hoping that I've got the date wrong, 'cause a late show on a Wednesday night could lead to a painful Thursday.

Cheerio!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information