Tunesday - show me yours and I'll show you mine

What have you been spinning in the last week? Here's a few highlights from my week of musical debauchery....

Califone - Roomsound
    Califone has probably been my favorite band for the last few years and this album is a big part of why. In retrospect, my favorite album of 2001. I think it was the now defunct CDNow that also named it best of the year in alternative rock, or something like that, back then. Visionary. A little avant garde jazz feel at times, but at heart it's really an updated version of that dirty country folk blues that the Rolling Stones perfected on Exile On Main Street, with some electronically textured junkyard sounds mixed in with the quirky, fragmented lyrical images. Nearly a perfect match for my musical tastes on most days. They've moved on a little since this one, but I don't think have bettered it overall, even though I love them all.

Graham Parker - Heat Treatment
    Isn't it funny how you can listen to some albums and they sound as fresh as if they were released yesterday, but others sound like they've been gathering cobwebs for 30 years. Over the weekend I slipped in one of those nice Japanese remasters of XTC's classic Drums and Wires but it just didn't gel at all for me. Been listening a lot to the new Futureheads that sounds a lot like this and really loving it, but for some reason the XTC beats sounded plodding and syncopated and the songs just all seemed kind of tired. Not at all what I wanted to hear after a nice run - so after it was about halfway through I had to get up and change CDs. So what to play? And then my eye caught a glimpse of Graham Parker's Heat Treatment laying in a stack on the floor and I immediately knew that was the one. This isn't the run-of-the-mill, crappy sounding, original old CD, but is the 2001 UK remaster that sounds very good in comparison. So into the player it goes and it's just one incredible gem after another. Dated? Maybe in 2204, but not 2004! What a great album! Yea, I know it's not the one that everyone calls his best (actually it's probably number 3 or even 4 on most lists) but it might be my favorite some days since it was my introduction to GP. And now it even has a couple great bonus tracks from the following Pink Parker EP. Just too cool.

Concrete Blonde - Mexican Moon
    I did a simple Concrete Blonde comp for my buddy tentoze a while back and from today's perspective, this one has turned into my favorite. I can (and have on many occasions) had this one playing on infinite repeat while hanging around the house and never seem to tire of it. Classic.

The La's - The La's
    Guess I already said it all at Running with the La's

Sue Garner and Rick Brown - Still
    Husband and wife team up with some close friends for a session in their home and parent's basement and other assorted recording venues. Result is one of my favorites from the last few years. In case you didn't intentionally miss my previous ramblings, Name a couple favorites that you don't hear anyone else mention...

Hey, I saw The Incredibles yesterday. Great fun!

My Holiday music free listening list.

Great all around albums:
    Jim White- Drill A Hole In That Substrate And Tell Me What You See A leap of faith got me to spend some time with this, and I am happy about it. A couple of toons that mosey on a bit too slow for my tastes but some very strong tracks help balance that out.

Joseph Arthur-Our Shadows Will Remain. Didn’t know what to expect, probably neutered indie singer/songwriter stuff. Wrongo. Programmed bass lines and drum loops support this tremendous effort. In line for a top 10 spot.

!!! Louden Up Now, probably shouldn’t have included this since the listening was fractured. Lyrics aren’t exactly child friendly.

Ambulance LTD-Boring overall, couple of decent tracks

The Dears-No Cities Left Some of it I really liked, others didn’t much care for at all. A common trait shared by many albums I listened to lately.

Clinic-Winchester Cathedral
    Interpol-Antics
    Snow Patrol-Final Straw
    Reindeer Section-Son Of Evil Reindeer
    Deerhoff-Milk Man
    Low-The Great Destroyer
    Scissor Sisters
    Viva Voce-The Heat Can Melt Your Brain
    The Zutons-Who Killed The Zutons? Brother did I ever hate this.
    Drive By Truckers- The Dirty South
    Controller Controller-shows some promise
    Pixies-Doolittle this is what I call a classic.
    Wilco-A Ghost Is Born
    Wolf Eyes-Burned Mind
    Rogue Wave-Out of The Shadow
    Stan Ridgway-Snakebit
    American Music Club-Love Song For Patriots-don’t get the hype, even if it is low grade hype
    Modest Mouse-The Moon And Antarctica
    The Walkmen-Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone.
    And Finally the Apostle Of Hustle album-Folkloric feel. I have been really enjoying this one.

jc
    Last edited by Jim Clark; 11-23-2004 at 11:41 AM.
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

The usual stuff from me. Good ole standby Tull. I usually work in an album or two a week. Listened to Minstrel In The Gallery (again, I know, but this so good).

Warren Zevon - Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon. I never was a huge Zevon fan but this has a few gems on it. Werewolves Of London, Lawyers, Guns and Money and Poor, Poor Pitiful Me (popularized by Linda Ronstadt but I like Warren's original better) were the obvious standouts but I was surprised at how good the rest of his music was. A nice purchase.

Dave Mason - Alone Again. The Mofi. Look At You Look At Me is such a great song.

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells II. Dare I say it's better than the original? I like this a lot.

Fairport Convention - Meet On The Ledge: The Classic Years 1967-1975. Most excellent Brit folk rock. I love Sandy Denny's voice.

Miles Davis - Tutu. Miles recorded a lot of crap in the 80's but this is one of his better efforts from that period. This has a decent feel to it albeit dated in an 80's sort of way. Still better than Decoy and You're Under Arrest by a mile.

Some things for PatD to ponder over:

Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2. Sviatoslav Richter Piano / Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra Stanislaw Wislocki conducting

Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1. Sviatoslav Richter Piano / Weiner Symphoniker Herbert von Karajan conducting.

Both of the above were found on Deutsche Grammophone CD 447 420-2.

The Rachmaninov was excellent. I especially enjoyed the second movement. Beautiful piece. And who wouldn't recognize Tchaikovsky's 1st. I enjoyed both performances very much but I'm still quite the novice when it comes to classical music.

Mahler's Symphony No. 1 and Songs Of A Wayfarer. Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau baritone, Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra Rafael Kubelik conducting. Decca CD 289 460 654-2

Darren
    Last edited by DarrenH; 11-23-2004 at 02:47 PM.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

Lightbulb Fairport....

Hey, Darren.

I thought I was the only one here who listened to this one: Fairport Convention - Meet On The Ledge: The Classic Years 1969-1975. Most excellent Brit folk rock. I love Sandy Denny's voice.

It's one of my favourites for weekend lounging around the house.

Thanks for reminding me of it -- I need to pull it out.

Cheers,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill
    Hey, Darren.

I thought I was the only one here who listened to this one: Fairport Convention - Meet On The Ledge: The Classic Years 1969-1975. Most excellent Brit folk rock. I love Sandy Denny's voice.

It's one of my favourites for weekend lounging around the house.

Thanks for reminding me of it -- I need to pull it out.

Cheers,
    Bill
    I've only had this for a few days and listened thru just once. So far I really like it but I enjoy this kind of music anyhow. Also, this compilation includes some previously unreleased material that I've been jonesing for namely Poor Will and the Jolly Hangman, which I think kicks major arse.

Darren

List only today...no descriptions unless someone asks....kinda busy today...

Dusted: When We Were Young
    Chris D. & the Divine Horsemen: Time Stands Still
    Freddie Hubbard: Born to be Blue
    Lee Perry: Super Ape
    India Aire
    Zero 7: Simple Things
    Massive Attack: Mezzanine
    Social Distortion: Love, Sex, and Rock 'n' Roll
    Afrika Mabmaataa: Dark Matter
    Lali Puna: Faking the Books
    Nico
    Let's Active
    Sly & the Family Stone: Greatest Hits
    Iron & Wine: Our Endless Numbered Days
    Kings of Leon: Youth and Manhood
    Monk's Dream
    A really, really fun 12" with Gibby Haynes and Peaches called Redneck Sex

Yeah, more, but that's plenty long a list for now...

Hot Hot Heat- Make Up the Breakdown
    The Futureheads
    XTC- Nonesuch

Yeah, the newer albums might be more punchy and refined than the old XTC (due mainly to production and recording tech), but I think the direction that XTC went in the ensuing years is the real tell. Can the Futureheads or HHH make the jump from simply rave up party bands into refined art rock the way XTC did?

Flower Kings- Space Revolver
    IZZ- I Move
    Stereophonic Space Sounds Unlimited- The fluid soundbox
    Bill Nelson- Luxury lounge
    Steve Kilbey- Earthed
    Yazbek- the Laughing man
    Echolyn- Cowboy Poems Free

And the award for the most pathetic Tuesday thread of all time goes to: November 23.2004!

Hooray!

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

hi from Kansas

possibly the best cd purchase I've made in a while. This came out on Tuesday and I can't stop listening to it. I listened almost all the way from New York to Kansas (where I'm based through the holidays - Hi JC!!!).

Daddy G - DJ Kicks
    (I was told, "If you're into Massive Attack" (I am) "If you're into dub reggae" (I am) and "If you're into the DJ Kicks series on K!7 Records" (I am).... "you will LOVE THIS CD" (I do, I do, I do!!)

ALSO been listening to The Good Life (which is the other band with the lead singer of Cursive) (JC's friends)
    good emo-sounding/indie rock sounding cd. I saw the band playing in Lawrence KS and the show was PACKED with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by KEXPMF
    possibly the best cd purchase I've made in a while. This came out on Tuesday and I can't stop listening to it. I listened almost all the way from New York to Kansas (where I'm based through the holidays - Hi JC!!!).

Daddy G - DJ Kicks
    (I was told, "If you're into Massive Attack" (I am) "If you're into dub reggae" (I am) and "If you're into the DJ Kicks series on K!7 Records" (I am).... "you will LOVE THIS CD" (I do, I do, I do!!)

ALSO been listening to The Good Life (which is the other band with the lead singer of Cursive) (JC's friends)
    good emo-sounding/indie rock sounding cd. I saw the band playing in Lawrence KS and the show was PACKED with kids.
    FYI - Daddy G IS from Massive Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    And the award for the most pathetic Tuesday thread of all time goes to: November 23.2004!

Hooray!

jc
    Well, um...er, thank you. And as the instigator of this most pathetic thread, I feel honored to receive this prestigious award on behalf of all the most pathetic Rave Wreckers involved herein, and as a group we salute you

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Well, um...er, thank you. And as the instigator of this most pathetic thread, I feel honored to receive this prestigious award on behalf of all the most pathetic Rave Wreckers involved herein, and as a group we salute you
    I trust that's a traveling trophy. Guess many didn't feel like typing today.

Oh, and hello KEXPMF and sorry for not keeping up with my email, I've got about 10 replies to get out and I pretty much keep forgetting. I'm outta here for a quick jaunt to Omaha so I hope you enjoy your holiday with your family!

jc

In his best Mighty Mouse voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark

Hooray!

jc
    Here he comes to save the thread

pathetic? I'll give you pathetic...

Ugly Cassanova - Sharpen Your Teeth
    Prteston School of industry - All this Sounds Gas
    Interpol - Antics
    Radiohead - OK Computer
    Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy
    Holly Cole Trio - Don't Smoke in Bed
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Suspended

Nice picks

I just got on cd, Tubular Bells 1 & 2 along with my Fav MO, Incantations. I saw you also list Fairport Convention so I am wondering if you like Steeleye Span. Maddy Prior does the vovals on Incantations.

Hard to pick between 1 & 2 but since it's new and different for me the jury is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I just got on cd, Tubular Bells 1 & 2 along with my Fav MO, Incantations. I saw you also list Fairport Convention so I am wondering if you like Steeleye Span. Maddy Prior does the vovals on Incantations.

Hard to pick between 1 & 2 but since it's new and different for me the jury is still out.
    My only experience with Steeleye is the album Below The Salt. I have that on vinyl and to be honest, I haven't listened to it in awhile. At any rate, Fairport and Steeleye parallel each other in many ways so there's no reason for me not to like them. One of these days I may venture into their catalog. More than likely it would be a greatest hits compilation.

Also, the connections these two bands had with Tull is what really brought me to them. Steeleye toured with Tull in their early days and of course you know that former Tull alumnists Dave Pegg, Martin Allcock and Dave Mattacks once played for Fairport as well. Maddy Prior does some backing vocals on Too Old Too Rock, Too Young To Die.

I haven't heard Incantations yet. I have Oldfield's first three releases and Tubular Bells II. I may have to check out Incantations so thanks for the rec.

Darren

Daddy G - DJ Kicks

I think I see what my next purchase may have to be.

You ever listen to any of the Back to Mine comps? Tricky's got a fun one and the Everything but the Girl is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    I think I see what my next purchase may have to be.

You ever listen to any of the Back to Mine comps? Tricky's got a fun one and the Everything but the Girl is good too.
    I don't know the Back to Mine comps. I like Tricky a LOT, and some Everything But the Girl. (Everything But the Girl is a bit too 'disco' for me but I like some of their music)

If you are into dub reggae/electronic music, you'll probably REALLY like this Daddy G comp. I'd also highly recommend the DJ Kicks Kruder/Dorfmeister AND DJ Kicks Thievery Corporation cds.

I haven't heard the Thievery Corporation one, I'll have to check that out sometime.

The Back to Mine series is pretty good. If you like the DJ Kicks, you'll probably like it. The Tricky one has a bunch of good songs on it, but it's not so much of a true DJ style set as many of the others.

If you are into dub reggae/electronic music, you'll probably REALLY like this Daddy G comp.
    Wow, just checked the tracklist and it does have some good remixes on there! That Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Mustt Mustt (Massive Attack Remix) is pretty cool. Closes out Nusrat's Mustt Mustt CD which is a great album on its own. Same with that Leftfield track. Leftism is a classic. Too bad it hardly gets mentioned anymore now that they are no more. Also adore that Unfinished Sympathy mix by Oakenfold. Great remix of a near perfect song. Might have to pick this one up myself cause it collects so much cool stuff in one place. Thanks for the info!

Forum Regular
    Mussorgsky, Pictures at an Exhibition, performed and transcribed by Jean Guillou at the Great Organ of Tonhalle, Zurich, Switzerland. On Dorian DOR-90117. This is famous as a test piece for bass response but really it's a very good arrangement and an excellent performance. It’s very well-recorded as one expects from Dorian.

Mussorgsky, Pictures at an Exhibition (orchestrated by Ravel), Night on the Bare Mountain, Khovanschina-Prelude. Ansermet, L’Orchestre de la Suisse Romande. London 414 139-2/10. Having listened to an organ transcription of Pictures, I just had to listen to my favorite recording of the Ravel orchestration.

Haydn, Symphonies nos. 22 (The Philosopher), 29, and 60 (Il Distratto). Nicholas Ward, Northern Chamber Orchestra. Naxos 8.550724.

Rachmaninoff, Isle of the Dead. Reiner, Chicago Symphony on RCA 0902661250-2 and Horenstein, Royal Philharmonic, on Chesky CD-2.

Wagner, orchestral pieces. Vernon Handley, Royal Philharmonic. Durkin Hayes DHM008. These are really spectacularly recorded.

Gabrieli & St. Mark’s, Venetian Brass Music. Simon Wright, The Wallace Collection. Nimbus NI 5236. This has to be my favorite brass recording.

Toshiro Mayuzumi, Samsara (tone poem), Phonologie symphonique, Bacchanale. Yoshikazu Fukumura, Hong Kong Philharmonic. Marco Polo 8.220297. I like this, especially Samsara, which is very tightly organized, but many Westerners seem to find it depressing. It uses a lot of percussion and often sounds rather dark, but it’s supposed to be about liberation. But I listen to it several times a year as the mood strikes me.

Beethoven, Violin Concerto. Zino Francescatti, violin; Bruno Walter, Columbia Symphony Orchestra. CBS Masterworks MK 42018. My favorite recording of this work, although it doesn’t seem to be anybody else’s.

The Famous Sound of three blind mice, vol. 2 Jazz band music, very well recorded, performed by accomplished Japanese ensembles. three blind mice TBM CD 9002. The label, “three blind mice,” seems not to use capital letters in its name. Anyway, it has a reputation for excellent sonics which seems very well-deserved and the performances are very good, as well.
    "Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony."
    ------Heraclitus of Ephesis (fl. 504-500 BC), trans. Wheelwright.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar

Sorry, I was out of town

Megadeth, The System Has Failed -- rocks, a keeper, but...I don't know, probably not making my year-end list.

Lori Carson, The Finest Thing -- I have no idea why I like stuff such as this and The Devics, but not Low nor Mojave 3. But I do.

Yet another Loki Mix -- stuff like Rob Dougan and Calexico I already own, but I've never heard Snakefarm's "Black Girl" before, which is easily the standout track of the mix, and it's nice to have Nancy Sinatra's collaboration with Calexico, since I'm not sure I want the rest of the album.

A Perfect Circle, eMOTIVe -- bizarre versions of songs. I really like "Let's Have A War", and "People Are People" and "Freedom of Choice" are really strange renditions, but "When The Levee Breaks" and "Annihilation" are bizarre beyond words. A+ for a covers album.

Faint, Wet From Birth -- well, now that the novelty -- or lack thereof -- has worn off, I've grown to like this album. Didn't notice any standout bad tracks (I'll have to listen to it again -- what was the one Stone and JC thought didn't belong, 5? listens Oh, it's not that bad. I think you guys are making the mistake of listening to the lyrics -- I never do that, unless my life is threatened). I distinctly remember liking 6, "Paranoia Attack" and 9, "Symptom Finger" -- nothing is as much fun as singing along with a vocoder line.

Monster Magnet, Monolithic Baby -- fantastic, should appeal to the Queens Of The Stone Age crowd, methinks.

White Willow, Storm Season -- well, as already mentioned, I totally dig this. I especially like how, after the first few notes, the mellotrons kick in. Really "sets" where this record is going. It's familiar, but I'm not placing what...

On a side note, if I ever do an experimental side project that requires an abstract name, and does not fall under the "Dusty Chalk" moniker (you know, like glitch), I'm going to call it "Fidyu Vjs;l".

Marilyn Manson, Lest We Forget -- all crucial tracks here, didn't realize how many covers he did.

Venusa.XX -- really great femme fronted EBM-tronica, trying to get familiar with it enought to remember which tracks are the true standouts, besides "all of them".

Thee Silver Mountain Reveries, Pretty Little Lightning Paw EP -- needed to get my Constellation fix.

Neuroticfish, Bomb (single) -- great song, remixes are predictable, b-sides are great ("No More Ghosts" -- is that Spock? -- and "Care" (Greek Symphony Mix) in particular).

Pain of Salvation, Be -- fantastic, considering all the grief it gets. Kind of reminds me of A Momentary Lapse of Reason in parts.

Funkadelic, The Electric Spanking of War Babies -- 'cos I needed more grooviness than I was getting.

Desiderii Marginis, Strife -- contender for alien release of the year, me thinks.

In Strict Confidence, Kiss Your Shadow -- yeah, dig it!

Neuroactive, Visualise Mixes -- (can you tell I ran across a crop of singles?).

Rob Zombie, Dragula (single track promo single -- what can I say? I should sell this)

Dark Tranquility, Exposures/In Retrospect and Denial -- muwahahahahahaha.

A.P. presents Industrial Strength machine Music (subtitled, "The Framework of Industrial Rock 1978-1995") -- surprisingly good cross-section of industrial. The first 6 tracks are truly old school -- Non, Coil, Test Department, Einstur -- and the remainder were the more dance and metal crossover industrial -- Ministry, NIN, KMFDM, etc.

PJ Harvey, B-Sides -- I think I appreciate her more since I saw that live thingy from Usenet...which is funny, because I haven't picked up the album yet.

Boom Bip, Corymb -- as much as I like this, it is being ousted from my potential year-end list, mostly for that one track...

Miss Kittin, I.Com -- great GREAT [i]GREAT[/b] album, except for maybe "Requiem for a Hit"...now that one stands out (in a bad way).

U.N.K.L.E., Never, Never, Land -- groovy, in an Underworld kind of way.

Secret Machines, Now Here is Nowhere -- I saw their first, self-titled album, so had to remind myself whether or not I like this album enough to obtain it -- I don't. I can see why some of youse guys would like it as much as, say, Franz Ferdinand, but I just think FF slays them, by far. They just resonate with me more.

LOTW: Code Mesa, CD Select Vol. I and II -- Jenifer Smith (who is Code Mesa) was nice enough to send these to me, and boy was I ever blown away. There are some absolutely outstandingly beautiful pieces here, some even better than anything on the Point Music release of the same name (attributed to Jenifer Smith, one "n", easily obtainable on half.com or used on Amazon.com). Tears welled up in my eyes, and I am not exaggerating. Lots of overdubbed vocals (the human voice being one of my favourite musical instruments, so multiple human voices is just too good for words), kind of ... tantric, for lack of a better word (think Talking Heads' Remain in Light, just the vocal lines -- though I hear some bass on some tracks, and some tribal-type drums here and there, but the voice is what stands out, by far). This is universal music -- I.E., I'm pretty sure that, unless the person has very specific tastes (I.E. a certain trad-rock lover I know named Dave [non-Rave-Recs-er] comes to mind -- he'd think this is "weird music"), I could recommend these recordings to them. L, even my mom would probably like this (if she could hear it).

PS Forgot the stuff in the car, hold on, I'll get it...oh, yeah! theStart, Initiation -- strikes me as a little edgier than Shakedown or Shakeup or whatever it was called...which is a good thing.

Rob Dougan, Furious Angels -- completely melodramatic (a la Tom Jones) across combined orchestral and electronic drumbeats backdrop, wonderfully dark subject matter, what's not to like. Definitely future comp material.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus -- haven't got tired of this album yet. "Don't make me come in here again." Yeah, I wouldn't either.

Dresden Dolls -- I compared this to Tori, and someone -- who had heard them -- called me on it. I stand by my case. Anyone else want to weigh in?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular

Back to Mine Comps

I don't know the Back to Mine comps. I like Tricky a LOT, and some Everything But the Girl. (Everything But the Girl is a bit too 'disco' for me but I like some of their music)

If you are into dub reggae/electronic music, you'll probably REALLY like this Daddy G comp. I'd also highly recommend the DJ Kicks Kruder/Dorfmeister AND DJ Kicks Thievery Corporation cds.
    Thanks for the word on Daddy G that track list looks good. I like some of the BTM comps a friend buys most if not all of them and I've lifted a few copies, some work really well like the early one from Danny Tenaglia or Talvin Singh (which I think is one of the best) but some leave me a little cold.

I've got to agree on the K&D and Thievery Corporation Cd's though which are very nice. Mirror Conspiracy is one of my faves but the latest Thievery one Outernational Sound was a little disappointing there's a couple of individual tracks I like but the flow didn't work too well for me.

Also worth checking out Zero 7 a little softer and not much dub but still pretty good, Dzihan & Kamien and of course Tosca who are the best at this type of stuff IMO. An older one from a few years back is Kid Loco which I still play a lot.

Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Faint, Wet From Birth -- well, now that the novelty -- or lack thereof -- has worn off, I've grown to like this album. Didn't notice any standout bad tracks (I'll have to listen to it again -- what was the one Stone and JC thought didn't belong, 5? listens Oh, it's not that bad. I think you guys are making the mistake of listening to the lyrics -- I never do that, unless my life is threatened). I distinctly remember liking 6, "Paranoia Attack" and 9, "Symptom Finger" -- nothing is as much fun as singing along with a vocoder line.
    I listened to it this week too, and while I like it, I still don't think it holds a candle to Danse Macabre. I don't remember which track that is you're referring to, but I think "Erection" sounds like a Sigue Sigue Sputnik song, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seems a bit out of place to me.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    I listened to it this week too, and while I like it, I still don't think it holds a candle to Danse Macabre.
    I concur, no candle.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information