Thread: Trust in Mike

Trust in Mike

I cruised by the used store today and was lucky enough to grab a copy of the Electric President that Mike has been touting for a while now. Very worthwhile purchase and perhaps the best I've made this year. If you're down with label mates Lali Puna, this is going to be something for you to hear.

Also went ahead and grabbed the latest by Morrissey and Sparks. Haven't been able to get Electric President out long enough to try those out yet, but there's always tomorrow.

I've made some pretty lackluster choices so far this year so on my own I'm failing miserably. There's been precious little that I've gone nutzo over so it's good that I finally have a bit more time to spend on the board and see what you guys come up with.

I've taken some pretty big missteps this year but none bigger than The Stills- Biggest crapout of the year. How on earth could this be the same band that released the most awesome "Logic Will Break Your Heart"? Couple of decent tracks, the rest is painful to endure.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Just wanna nod in agreement...one of my favorites I've heard this year...although I'm still listening to a download version after seeing Mike mention it as I haven't seen it in any local shops and I haven't ordered online in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Just wanna nod in agreement...one of my favorites I've heard this year...although I'm still listening to a download version after seeing Mike mention it as I haven't seen it in any local shops and I haven't ordered online in ages.
    Don't. I went to the PO today.

Hooray!

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Forum Regular

Cruising pays its dividends...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    I've taken some pretty big missteps this year but none bigger than The Stills- Biggest crapout of the year. How on earth could this be the same band that released the most awesome "Logic Will Break Your Heart"? Couple of decent tracks, the rest is painful to endure.jc
    Glad you like EP JC. To all those who wanted a copy of the comp I touted a few weeks ago there's a track from EP on it so you can make your own minds up. They went in the post last week so shouldn't be long now. Hey Jim Another one I picked up a while back on a similar theme was The Go Find - Miami, you might like.

I read a review of the Stills album a while back and hunted down some sound samples and couldn't believe what I heard they've changed their sound completely, what a shame Logic was one of my faves from the last few years. Some saw it as derivative rehash but I loved it.

Cheers
    Mike

Thread Information