Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    dld
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by

Nick Lowe, Dig My Mood. NO THANKYOU! I doubt even DLD would like this although [B
    Failed Christian[/B] and Man That I've Become are listenable.

jc
    Hey, ya gotta include High On A Hlltop as a keeper too. One of his best. And to me, Failed Christian justified the purchase price. I'd throw in two or three others that Mr. Mind just can't come up with names for right now along with The Man That I've Become.
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnz
    Hi Troy, I had a listen (5MB!!, dump the bitrate down to 128 and have some mercy on those of us on dialup). The sound quality is great isn't it.
    Sorry 'bout that. Fidelity geek that I am, I just can't bring myself to step on it any more than that. Apple is making a big deal about how this is CD quality etc. It really does sound great on a good stereo.

I think that's probably got something to do with the fact that the mix isn't "busy" so you've escaped having multiple instruments fighting for the same space. I really like the drums, not so much the heartbeat intro, but when you start playing with the little fills and crash cymbals that seems tasty. Personally I'm not so into the abrupt changes (like when the sax comes in) for me there should be some kind of build to the change. Maybe try reversing a crash cymbal sound so there's a rising whoosh before the Paaaarp? Lots of nice instrument voices too.
    Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, just because you can lay 64 tracks doesn't mean that you should, eh? 5 at any one time is plenty. I'll consider your suggestion, but I'm a bigger fan of abrupt change ups than you . . . Remember that on about the 3rd listen you are anticipating (and hopefully looking forward to!) it. I think that's one o' them prog things.

You are such a prog boy ;-)
    Wait til you hear what the next one I've been working on sounds like!

Does the program come with a synth instrument that you can actually program the patch yourself?
    Not sure I understand your terminology. What does "patch" mean?

There are 8 different synthesizers to work with (named things like analog basic, digital stepper, analog pad etc.) and each one has about 15 different factory sound settings and each of those settings can be tweaked manually a million different ways which you can then save.

Plus there are settings for about 2 dozen things like echo, reverb, flange, phased, hi pass, gateing, overdrive and many more that can be attributed to any instrument.

Not to mention the 1000's of possible combinations of different attributes to the overall soundstage . . .

It's quite overwhelming.

I haven't got around to building a homepage where I could post one of my own tunes, mebbe I'll get around to mailing one your way.
    I'd LOVE to hear what you're doing. You or anybody else.

Keep up the good work, Chris.
    Thanks mang!

I would imagine someone's already asked, but is there anything similar to the GarageBand thing for Windows? I've always used Apple until the last computer I bought, and just had to make the switch because of price. I think I may be sorry now.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    I would imagine someone's already asked, but is there anything similar to the GarageBand thing for Windows? I've always used Apple until the last computer I bought, and just had to make the switch because of price. I think I may be sorry now.
    Try ACID. It sounds similar, but less flexable.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Try ACID. It sounds similar, but less flexable.
    Oooof! That sounds like Apple marketing flufffff. Acid's been around for about a decade and Garageband is a straight out copy. There's one cool thing about it that Acid doesn't have and that's the loop format that holds both MIDI, audio and instrument patch information.

From a previous question about synths Troy. It does sound like Gband does have it's own incorporated synths that you can program. A patch is just a synth sound, ie. the sum of all the control settings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information