Today I heard a commercial that didn't use Indie music!

Just kidding!

Best way to break into the music business is to write commercial "jingles".

If you've seen the All Bran with Strawberries Bites commercial recently (the girl has some weird red hair sculpture) you may have liked the song. I did, so I did a search of lyrics and found out many others were looking for the song.

Artist responded on adtunes:

Hey folks. Sorry you think it's gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that the All Bran song was made just for the ad. My name is Jason Gleed, and I wrote the All Bran song for Grayson Matthews (a very cool music company in Toronto). I am a songwriter myself, and so I try to support my songwriting by writing for ads. I always try to write the best song I can, no matter what it's for. For whatever reason, that cute All Bran commercial inspired that song- it may never have existed otherwise. I'm glad you all like it. I like it too, so I am going to see if I can make it longer, and available for download off either my site www.jasongleed.com or grayson matthew's site www.graysonmatthews.com I'll keep you posted.

I'm not sure what I think of this new approach. I really like the song.

Snowbuns

I've got a hankering for some Hot Gravy. Way to be anonymous, Monkeyboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes
    Yumm, gravy. Hey, do you ever say anything there, or just a lookie-loo? I haven't been there for a long time, but you know turkey time is on the horizon so I had a hankerin' for some giblets. What are giblets again? Those aren't the same as mountain oysters, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Hey, do you ever say anything there, or just a lookie-loo?
    Heheheh... I'll never tell. Maybe you'll get a clue someday......

Yumm, gravy. turkey time is on the horizon so I had a hankerin' for some giblets. What are giblets again? Those aren't the same as mountain oysters, are they?
    When is your Turkey day? If you get sick of turkey there's nothing like a steaming plate of Rocky Mountain oysters to put hair on your chest and jingle your spurs! Mmmmmm...

Happy trails...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Heheheh... I'll never tell. Maybe you'll get a clue someday......
    Oh, gonna play it coy, eh? How'll I get a clue if ya don't give me one? They don't grow on trees, ya know? Well, maybe they do for all I know, since I don't have one yet

Turkeys go to heaven on the 4th Thursday of November, which is the 24th this year. Well, most of them go to heaven awhile before that, but we eat their souless carcasses on that day and give thanks that we live in God's Country where we can buy that 16 pound bag of salmonella infested fat, cholesterol, pesticides, growth hormones, and antibiotics for only $5.99 at the local supermarket chain. Yumm, starting to get hungry already. Man, I love America!

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gleed
    Hey folks. Sorry you think it's gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay that the All Bran song was made just for the ad. My name is Jason Gleed, and I wrote the All Bran song for Grayson Matthews (a very cool music company in Toronto). I am a songwriter myself, and so I try to support my songwriting by writing for ads. I always try to write the best song I can, no matter what it's for. For whatever reason, that cute All Bran commercial inspired that song- it may never have existed otherwise. I'm glad you all like it. I like it too, so I am going to see if I can make it longer, and available for download off either my site www.jasongleed.com or grayson matthew's site www.graysonmatthews.com I'll keep you posted.
    Hey, that's a cool attitude to have. Kudos to him.

You liked the song, what does it matter the context?
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Just kidding!

Best way to break into the music business is to write commercial "jingles".

If you've seen the All Bran with Strawberries Bites commercial recently (the girl has some weird red hair sculpture) you may have liked the song. I did, so I did a search of lyrics and found out many others were looking for the song.

Artist responded on adtunes:

I'm not sure what I think of this new approach. I really like the song.

Snowbuns

Hey, I like that ad/jingle. You think the cereal is any good?
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    Hey, I like that ad/jingle. You think the cereal is any good?
    I haven't heard the jingle/seen the commercial. But the cereal is quite tasty. I forego the milk and just snack on it while watching TV. It's nice low fat, high fibre snack food. Beats a rice cake anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    .... But the cereal is quite tasty. I forego the milk and just snack on it while watching TV. It's nice low fat, high fibre snack food. Beats a rice cake anyday.
    This would qualify as very faint praise around my house...
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Well, it's certainly no potato chip!

Quote Originally Posted by tentoze
    Heheheheh....

Its a little late for halloween, but would you prefer these to rice cakes?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They don't grow on trees, ya know? Well, maybe they do for all I know, since I don't have one yet

Awww... I think you could get one from the Pilsbury doughboy.

Heheheheh....

Oh my god! Those look like wiener wrapped fingers! Take away the little smiles and replace with lots of bloody ketchup and we may have something for next year's halloween party.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Oh my god! Those look like wiener wrapped fingers! Take away the little smiles and replace with lots of bloody ketchup and we may have something for next year's halloween party.
    Uhhh... yeah, fingers...

That's what I thought they looked like, too.

Awww... I think you could get one from the Pilsbury doughboy.
    Thanks, it's nice to feel kneaded. The Pillsbury Dough Boy is a roll model for millions. He rises above the rest.

Thanks, it's nice to feel kneaded. The Pillsbury Dough Boy is a roll model for millions. He rises above the rest.
    Stop that at once!!!
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Stop that at once!!!
    Sorry, it was kind of a half-baked response, huh?

Hey, have you heard much about The Living Things debut recorded by Steve Albini? Rocks pretty hard and lots of fun. Picked it up last weekend on my beer and music outing but haven't had a chance to give it much of a listen yet beyond the first distracted listen.

Hey, have you heard much about The Living Things debut recorded by Steve Albini? Rocks pretty hard and lots of fun. Picked it up last weekend on my beer and music outing but haven't had a chance to give it much of a listen yet beyond the first distracted listen.
    Ah, no. Last new one I got was Rogue Wave but that was probably a month ago now. It's really, really good, BTW.

As far as I can tell there's nothing new for the rest of the year coming out that I want. Guess I'll have to wait 'til 2006 (and beyond) to discover all of the current future favorite albums I no doubt missed. Current future Sheesh, I say four words to Susan and . . . . .
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    As far as I can tell there's nothing new for the rest of the year coming out that I want. Guess I'll have to wait 'til 2006 (and beyond) to discover all of the current future favorite albums I no doubt missed. Current future Sheesh, I say four words to Susan and . . . . .
    NO, YOU DINT!!!

You used my real name!!! Why don't you just post one of those neked pictures Davey and I used on our 90's comp and tell the whole world who I am!

Heheheh...what a punny guy! There's been so many posts today, I almost missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpunny
    Heheheh...what a punny guy!
    Thanks! Your monkeyshines have always been a source of my amusement. So what's up with the latest avatar? My screen resolution must be a little less than ideal because from this angle it looks like your stuck between the thighs of a big hairy lamb?

Thanks! Your monkeyshines have always been a source of my amusement. So what's up with the latest avatar? My screen resolution must be a little less than ideal because from this angle it looks like your stuck between the thighs of a big hairy lamb?

AAAAAKKK!!!

NO, YOU DIDN'T!!!

You used my real name!!! Why don't you just post one of those neked pictures Davey and I used on our 90's comp and tell the whole world who I am!
    Please stop SHOUTING!!! No need to be cross

shhh, I was talking about Mrs. Clark. Don't tell

If I took off my socks off I still couldn't count how many entendres there are in that post. Well done m'boy!
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Heheheheh....

So, how many batches did you make?
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    If I took off my socks off I still couldn't count how many entendres there are in that post.
    Uh-huh, I know what you’re thinkin’, "Did he fire six double entendre puns, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement I’ve kinda lost track myself. But bein’ as how I might have a few really bad ones left over …you’ve got to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do you, punk?

We should reserve one day a week just for making silly posts like this, huh? I mean, instead of doing it everyday like I do now! Hahaha ...

Thread Information