slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar

Tindersticks Film Scores

So I know there's some Tindersticks fans here. Anyone sprung for the new Claire Denis Film Scores 1996-2009 collection? It's 5 cds or lps put out on Constellation - which, to my ear, does gorgeous-sounding releases that are beautiful objects too. I don't know too many albums from the Tindersticks but always think how great a soundtrack they could make - well, here's a ton of 'em. I'm not convinced I need 5 lp's worth but if anyone picks it up, convince me how cool it really is.

Def a bit Tindersticks fan - but film scores... IDK.

I mean I love Belle & Sebastian - but their film score album left me rather un-encouraged.

Maybe be a good d/l and listen before purchasing.

Rae
    Aw, man, I love Claire Denis! I have Tarkan's "Şımarık" on my iTunes... does that count as one of her film scores?

In all seriousness, though, I might buy this... I don't think most of this stuff has been released before? I might pay the $55 just to have the score to 35 Rhums by itself (and another $3 to go get a Commodores LP from the thrift store and complete the experience).

Thanks for the heads up!

~Rae

slightly, all the time jonnyhambone's Avatar
    ^ no prob... I'm sold! you can actually stream the whole collection of tunes here and I, personally, find them totally gorgeous and have decided I need this...the lp's have sold out through the Constellation site so I ordered via Insound...lots cheaper than the Amazon link...it's a really lovely collection of songs (supposedly only 900 pressed on vinyl)...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
    So I know there's some Tindersticks fans here. Anyone sprung for the new Claire Denis Film Scores 1996-2009 collection? It's 5 cds or lps put out on Constellation - which, to my ear, does gorgeous-sounding releases that are beautiful objects too. I don't know too many albums from the Tindersticks but always think how great a soundtrack they could make - well, here's a ton of 'em. I'm not convinced I need 5 lp's worth but if anyone picks it up, convince me how cool it really is.
    I have the 9 song sampler and it is pretty nice, though as you might imagine, it doesn't have quite the flow of a good soundtrack. Still, it is surprisingly cohesive for a 13 year span. More Celtic sounding than I would've expected at times, and even as a big fan, the artist is not always easily discerned either. Of course on the songs that Stuart sings, it's unmistakable. Widely available in flac to sample, like at welikeitlossless.

http://www.discogs.com/Tindersticks-...elease/2811765

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
    I ordered via Insound...lots cheaper than the Amazon link.
    Whoa-- Insound had both the CD and the vinyl sets listed for $54.99 when I checked yesterday... now the vinyl is listed at $89.99. Hope you got the cheaper price! That's going to be too much for me.

~Rae

Thread Information