"These go to 11"

Printable View

• 08-22-2016, 05:14 AM
    sjtm
    "These go to 11"
    Dropped my son at the airport this morning - off to college. Wife and daughter doing college tours. Time to crank it.

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs, Friday Music reissue. While Friday often gets slammed for their less than stellar reissues, this is the exception. Deep bass, excellent soundstage. hiss free.

Jimi Hendrix - Cry of Love. Hendrix died before this was issued, but a fantastic evolution of his sound. Sony reissue is mastered from original tapes and sound quality is excellent.

I am sure Nigel Tufnel would approve.
  • 08-23-2016, 07:35 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Bridge of Sighs needs a good remaster. I have the CD which sound is acceptable, I picked up a used LP it wasn't any better, I had given up thinking it just wasn't treated well in the studio. I really love the album though.
  • 08-24-2016, 05:02 AM
    sjtm
    I am pretty happy with the SQ of this Friday Music reissue. Both the bass and midrange is rich and full ( by my standards) and the highs are not rolled off. I have not had any cd's of this - my last copy was bought in high school. If you want to hear this in vinyl, I recommend this version.