Suspended

A taste of new Pearl Jam

I heard a new Pearl Jam song today from the new album. I bought and like Ten but haven't bought anything by them after that album and from the new song I don't think I will break a trend.

There's a couple bands I don't get and Pearl Jam is one. They seem to be able to sell whatever they throw out but I just can't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I heard a new Pearl Jam song today from the new album. I bought and like Ten but haven't bought anything by them after that album and from the new song I don't think I will break a trend.

There's a couple bands I don't get and Pearl Jam is one. They seem to be able to sell whatever they throw out but I just can't get into it.
    You're living in the past, mannnn. First Gilmour, now Pearl Jam?

Try some Arctic Monkeys or the Strokes or somethin'.

fp

If you haven't liked them since Ten, you won't like them now. Ten was their first, this is going to be their 8th studio album. I love the new song, but I am a die-hard fan who has been with them for the whole ride. You won't hear a new "Alive" or "Black". That's not what they are about anymore.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Well, ya can't win 'em all...

Pearl Jam is one of the very few early 90's alt-rock groups I can get into. Always liked'em, always will. Don't know why, they aren't very original or cutting edge. Oh well. Sometimes I just need some simple, straight-forward rock music.
    They have their hits and misses like everyone though. Their last 2 studio releases (Lost Dogs and Riot Act) were their best since their first 2 releases IMO. Can't wait for this one.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    I remember buying Nirvana's Nevermind when it came out and being blown away. Greatest sound since sliced bread... I got a copy for my brother who then told me to check out this new band Pearl Jam. I bought 'Ten' and was not impressed. "What a let down" I thought. "This band will never last" I thought. 'Where's the talent," I thought. I still have never liked 'Ten'. But I have to say I was wrong on all counts for all their other albums. IMO they keep getting better and more interesting. Still...would've liked to have Nirvana around longer...

Suspended
    C'mon FP gimme a break, I can't jump at every new thing. I like what I like. In newer bands I like Nickelback for some straight ahead R&R. Shifting into higher gear I like Dizturbed, Stone Sour and Godsmack. But I've been collecting for many years so maybe I am, getting old. Those who think White Stripes, Jet and similar bands are new crack me up, AC/DC has been romping like that for decades.

Thread Information