Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suckiest bands that made it big...sort of.

I was cursed with hearing a lame song on a TV commercial and having it stick in my head, so I thought I would take some time out and vent on RR about it.

The song was one of the many lame hits that was put out by Air Supply. I don't even know the actual name, but everyone knows the lyrics...'making love out of nothing at all'. And that piece 'o crap is stuck in my head!

So I was thinking maybe they were the lamest band to ever make it big with such classic nonsense as Lost In Love, All Out Of Love, Every Woman In The World, Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You), and Even The Nights Are Better.

However, the Peter Cetera-era Chicago was really bad with such classic garbage as Baby What a Big Surprise, Hard to Say I'm Sorry, Love Me Tomorrow, Hard Habit to Break, You're The Inspiration (was a worse song ever recorded?), Will You Still Love Me?, and I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love. What a gag fest!

I could pick on the Eagles, but, even though they suck, that aren't nearly as far down the barrel as those two examples. And while Lover Boy is an easy choice, they never made it all that big, at least not on the scale of the two above.

So, now that my spleen has been emptied of its bile, anyone else have any contributions for this?

Swish - feeling much better now
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I feel this way about modern R&B but recognize that this is a pretty wide generalization.

A currrent band that currently sucks smalltime but will be pushed to suck bigtime is The Plain White Tees. Smart money from Vegas says that they will suck more prolifically and much more voraciously than any others in 2008. You heard it here first.

I think there was a very definite point in time at which the record companies stopped trying to create sucky big acts and concentrated on many more sucky smalltime acts, which allowed the record companies both the opportunity to screw the listener and the ability to not really pay any artists much for follow-up albums. This brought us one-hit-suck-wonders like Savage Garden and their slightly less femmey alter-egos Roxette.

Maybe I'm being harsh and maybe not all will agree with these thoughts but surely we can all come together in recognition of the last of the bigtime suckacts, Poison, who carried their sucky brand of sissified hair-rock through a de-escalating decade or two of stadium dates degenerating into virtual soliloquoys at venues like Jack inYer Box Metal Haven.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes.... b/c my poly-ethnic-slamgrass tastes are not accepted by the masses, so I'm sure others like what I consider "crap" (like modern R&B, Country/Western, etc)

Step on all the toes you like brother.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny p
    I don't want to step on anyone's toes.... b/c my poly-ethnic-slamgrass tastes are not accepted by the masses, so I'm sure others like what I consider "crap" (like modern R&B, Country/Western, etc)
    We kind of enjoy that thing here at RR. Makes for some rousing conversation. Yes, I think a lot of modern R & B, rap and modern country is worthless, but not all. If you want to name a particular band that fits your view of 'suckiest', go for it. I'm sure a few will rip me a new one for some of the things I typed, but I don't really give a rat's rump.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Mutant from table 9
    Yeah, I got some suckjob artists that alot of people will disagree with and honestly I'm not trying just to be contrarian :

Elton John - 40 year career and one good song (Tiny Dancer - is that the name?) Proof of suckitude exists in Benny and the Jets (God that song never ends "B-b-b-b-ennie"), Crocidile Rock (WTF!), and Candle in the Wind (Biggest selling sucky single of all time).

Paul McCartney - Just an embarrassment. I've never liked the Beatles (save Ringo's and George's solo stuff), I just don't get what all the fuss is about over Lennon-McCartney. McCartney always reminds of some douchy friend of my dad that thinks he's hip by saying "Man" all the time and being open about always holding a little weed. Band On the Run is like nails on a blackboard to me. The whole Wings thing just seems ill concieved. I wonder if Linda's musician's union card said "Tambourine" under "Instrument"?

Led Zepplin - Yes, every year a new crop of 12 year old boys discover Zep and think "****, where have I been?!" And I can't deny having "gotten the Led out" on a few occasions. But, enough already. We get it. You found a crate of blues records, so what? Robert Plant can't sing. The best example is admittedly from his solo work, but the point still is made: That crappy suckfest "Lighten up baby I'm in love with you" song from the 80s. Come on now, if that came up in the Ipod rotation, you know you'd skip it.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Mutant from table 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    The song was one of the many lame hits that was put out by Air Supply. I don't even know the actual name, but everyone knows the lyrics...'making love out of nothing at all'. And that piece 'o crap is stuck in my head!
    I went to a bit of a party college during the "Ironic 90s" and on more than a few occassions alcohol fueled sing-a-longs would erupt at parties. Popular songs included Pearl Jam's Alive, Garth's Friends in Low Places, Margaritaville, and yes.... Air Supply's "making love out of nothing at all." I don't know the name either, but good stuff.

Suspended
    The two that came to mind to me and I don't mind saying now that you all have named some formitable artists are Asia and The Pretenders. Sorry I can't name any songs because i turn the station when they come on.

Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    Yeah, I got some suckjob artists that alot of people will disagree with and honestly I'm not trying just to be contrarian :

Elton John - 40 year career and one good song (Tiny Dancer - is that the name?) Proof of suckitude exists in Benny and the Jets (God that song never ends "B-b-b-b-ennie"), Crocidile Rock (WTF!), and Candle in the Wind (Biggest selling sucky single of all time).

Paul McCartney - Just an embarrassment. I've never liked the Beatles (save Ringo's and George's solo stuff), I just don't get what all the fuss is about over Lennon-McCartney. McCartney always reminds of some douchy friend of my dad that thinks he's hip by saying "Man" all the time and being open about always holding a little weed. Band On the Run is like nails on a blackboard to me. The whole Wings thing just seems ill concieved. I wonder if Linda's musician's union card said "Tambourine" under "Instrument"?

Led Zepplin - Yes, every year a new crop of 12 year old boys discover Zep and think "****, where have I been?!" And I can't deny having "gotten the Led out" on a few occasions. But, enough already. We get it. You found a crate of blues records, so what? Robert Plant can't sing. The best example is admittedly from his solo work, but the point still is made: That crappy suckfest "Lighten up baby I'm in love with you" song from the 80s. Come on now, if that came up in the Ipod rotation, you know you'd skip it.
    YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!

With regards to Elton John you need to venture into his less known and worn out songs, like CURTAINS or FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND perhaps.

With regards to Led Zeppelin the same applies, I am not a huge fan of their popular songs, but I love stranger songs like BRON YR STOMP or GALLOWS POLE, and even TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT.

Aerosmith. Elder statesmen of rock my @ss. That just shows you get respect if you hang in there and suck long enough. They were crappy and boring onstage even in their heyday. One time was enough for me in 1976. I had friends who were hardcore fans that saw them 4 or 5 times and then stopped because they sucked everytime. Yeah, Asia sucked but they were competent at playing their sucky music while Aerosmith was a studio band who couldn't get it up onstage. Throw in the whole "you be Keith and I'll be Mick" junior-high air guitar mentality of that group and you've got originality that ranks up there with Ann & Nancy posturing to Zeppelin in front of a full-length mirror - which they used to do. (I know, everybody has to start somewhere but Heart always sounded to me like they were still in the burbs with a brazillion other corporate 70's acts.) I don't usually go negative on this board, mainly because I despised Lester Bangs. Plus, I figure what the hell, at least crappy bands who are successful are obviously fullfilling a need for somebody and at least they're doing it whereas I am not. I hold my ire for the crap bands, not their fans. (Except maybe for Van Helsing. What were you guys thinking??) But what irks me about Aerosmith is how the abundantly lipped one is turned to whenever something "authoritative" needs to be said about rock 'n' roll because, you know, they're Classic Rawk. This is a scam, people. It's like that Who documentary where they kept turning to Bryan Adams for his opinion. Exqueeze me? Looks like somebody's got a good agent with marketing skills. And that's what it was always about with Aerosmith. Weird though, I still think "Last Child" sounds awesome. Maybe they shoulda stuck with the funk.

Okay, Swish, there's my vent. Maybe it's crazy but that one guy said Plant couldn't sing.

Holler if you need more, I'm gonna go watch Avatar.

I'm with you on Aerosmith. Back in the day they were...

Quote Originally Posted by BradH
    Aerosmith. Elder statesmen of rock my @ss. That just shows you get respect if you hang in there and suck long enough. They were crappy and boring onstage even in their heyday. One time was enough for me in 1976. I had friends who were hardcore fans that saw them 4 or 5 times and then stopped because they sucked everytime. Yeah, Asia sucked but they were competent at playing their sucky music while Aerosmith was a studio band who couldn't get it up onstage. Throw in the whole "you be Keith and I'll be Mick" junior-high air guitar mentality of that group and you've got originality that ranks up there with Ann & Nancy posturing to Zeppelin in front of a full-length mirror - which they used to do. (I know, everybody has to start somewhere but Heart always sounded to me like they were still in the burbs with a brazillion other corporate 70's acts.) I don't usually go negative on this board, mainly because I despised Lester Bangs. Plus, I figure what the hell, at least crappy bands who are successful are obviously fullfilling a need for somebody and at least they're doing it whereas I am not. I hold my ire for the crap bands, not their fans. (Except maybe for Van Helsing. What were you guys thinking??) But what irks me about Aerosmith is how the abundantly lipped one is turned to whenever something "authoritative" needs to be said about rock 'n' roll because, you know, they're Classic Rawk. This is a scam, people. It's like that Who documentary where they kept turning to Bryan Adams for his opinion. Exqueeze me? Looks like somebody's got a good agent with marketing skills. And that's what it was always about with Aerosmith. Weird though, I still think "Last Child" sounds awesome. Maybe they shoulda stuck with the funk.

Okay, Swish, there's my vent. Maybe it's crazy but that one guy said Plant couldn't sing.

Holler if you need more, I'm gonna go watch Avatar.
    ...possibly better than average with a couple decent tunes, but the last couple decades are just el-stinko. And Bryan Adams? How could I leave him off the list. If I hear his pathetic "Summer of 69" one more time, I may have to hunt him down and beat the snot out of him.

Swish
    Last edited by Swish; 12-01-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Mutant from table 9
    I don't usually go negative on this board, mainly because I despised Lester Bangs.
    That made me laugh out loud. Too bad... negative suits you. That was good.

Sure, I'm being a little harsh on Plant. Yes, technically Plant can sing. Good range, nice pitch, great voice control. But does he have to sound so bad while doing it? And as I've pointed out before, my complete Juice Newton catalogue makes my opinion in these matters always a little suspect.

Here's a goofy photo of Plant...

Sorry dude, but early Elton John was pretty good...

...although much of it gets little air play so you may not be familiar. Madman Across the Water also had Levon, Razor Face and the title track, all very good songs, Honky Chateau from 1972 was decent with Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, and my favorite, Tumbleweed Connection that was released in January of 1971, with Come Down in Time, My Father's Gun, Country Comfort, and Burn Down the Mission. This was all before he started doing the really goofy stage antics and so forth, and I never gave a rat's arse for him after that.

As for Paul McCartney, I wasn't much of a fan of his solo work, and some of it was rather embarrassing if you ask me; 'Someone's Knockin' at the Door', 'Ebony and Ivory' (with Stevie Wonder). His work with the Beat;es, though, is mostly beyond reproach, so I won't go there.

Led Zep gets no sympathy from me. Yeah, I liked them a bit as a kid, but I couldn't care less if I never heard them again.

Swish

Mutant from table 9
    Swish, your right. Its only radio Elton that I know, I've just never been compelled to investigate further. But here is a serious question: If Elton made say 3 good albums in the first three years of a forty year career, does that make him a sucky artist with a few good records, or a good artist that got derailed? i.e. Chicago - had some good eras and the Cetera Karate Kid era. Sucky band or sucky periods?

Suspended
    Let's not get carried away here. I like Heart quite a bit and have several albums but then again I like Zeppelin too. Plant did some excellent solo work and I like No Quarter with Page. However, I agree, Lighten Up Baby sucks, although it was probably one of his biggest songs. I like the early Aerosmith, Toys In The Attic rocks all the way through. I don't really like much they've done in their second career except that blues album they did, that is a good Aerosmith album for the most part. I'll have to check out Last Child, I like Funk.

I think we can add Adam Ant to the list. There's probably several bands from that era I could add.

Hmmm, where to draw the line between sucks and I just plain don't like? And make it big, how big is required before it can be said they made it big? Air Supply is an obvious contender of course but what about Christopher Cross? For a while, he was everywhere from your television to radio, and not always singing. 60 minutes did a piece on him long after the winds died down from Sailing. Vinyl scroungers have a vague idea of how many albums the man sold. Clearly not in the category of a Jim Nabors or Sing Along With Mitch, but a lot of albums.

And who pioneered that whole genre anyway? It would probably be remiss to not mention the Capitan and Tenille who remain pop icons via guest appearances which by and large seem aimed at making just a much fun of those of us that know who they are as the music the duo created. And while I'm on the subject of making fun, all I can say is the brothers Gibb. Jive Talking? Are you kidding me? In falsetto no less. They took lameness to a whole new level that for a time became the new cool. I still don't think they could have done any of it without Travolta who remains cool personified. Travolta recovered, learned how to act (kind of) and continues to reinvent himself. The Glibb boys remained lame as it's all they knew and all they where capable of. But I digress...

Lot's of viable candidates here. Slumpbuster could be my kid brother and I'm not going to argue any of his choices. Throw in a Bob Dylan and that list could be mine. Over the years however I think I've come to make some kind of internal distinction between music that sucks and music I just don't like. Billy Joel's music is lame (be honest, you know it's true), and I just don't like the Beatles. Madam Elton remains a true enigma for me. Right now I'm giving 50-50 odds on the lame/don't like call. Pick'em.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I think we can add Adam Ant to the list. There's probably several bands from that era I could add.
    uh, umm, uhhh, mmm, well I never! Oh no you D- IN'T! The nerve, the unmitigated gall, how dare you! I am a huge Ant fan! Right now I have an original pressing of Adam and The Ants, Dirk Wears White Socks hanging on the family room wall. I could actually argue that the art school glam and sexual fetish schtick(especially in the early punk years) played a semi-relevant part in the punk explosion. Personally I like it quite a bit. We could also talk a bit about the evolving scene and the addition of the Burundi beat to give the music a bit of "world" flair to punk rock. Two drummers on stage in a punk show wasn't exactly a given at the time. Adam and the Ants and then later as a solo act where among the first, if not the first to put more than music on the stage. It was show, a costume fashion party, and a brand identity - Ant Music For Ant People! Black Flag tried to rip off that notion with their "Black Flag Kills Ants" slogan. I still think it's pretty funny and it illustrates that while not in the same category as a Ramones, Clash, or Sex Pistols, that the Ants did play their part to the hilt and pretty successfully imo.

The whole glam period is pretty much painfully dated and at the very least Strip is lame like few albums before and after. Still, there's quite a bit of punk rock that holds up quite well. And the guy always could sing and put on a show.

jc
    Last edited by Jim Clark; 12-01-2007 at 08:50 AM.
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

O.K. if you want my opinion........ here it is......

Aerosmith = Sucks
    Led Zep. = Pretty Sucky
    Lynyrd Skynyrd = Suckiest Illiterate band.... nice guitar solo.... 3 chords?? WOW
    The Eagles = Longevity Sucking at its finest
    Billy Joel and Phil Collins = Possibly the same guy.... clark kent/Superman of SUCK
    Dave Mathews Band .... wait... Just Dave Mathews... the "Band" is good... Dave SUCKS.

That made me laugh out loud. Too bad... negative suits you. That was good.
    That's why I don't normally do it, it's just too easy. But the post count around here is anemic so I thought I'd spice it up a bit. I don't know, the thing with Bangs is he was never boring. I can look back and see my problem with him was nobody ever called him on his bs. There was no debate, just legions of younger journo fanboys who thought their work mattered as much as the music. Bangs' legend has turned him into the sacred cow he himself loved to gore.

Sure, I'm being a little harsh on Plant. Yes, technically Plant can sing. Good range, nice pitch, great voice control. But does he have to sound so bad while doing it?
    Oh, I gotcha, it's the syle. It's the Geddy Lee question. At the end of the day I suspect Plant was heavily influenced by Janis Joplin. She's not one of my faves but I still love me some Zep.

Suspended
    JC, I could never get past Goodie Goodie Two Shoes. Wow, Dylan must be the poster boy for this post yet there are those who would run us out of town for such blastfomy. Never ever understood that one but that's a generation or so before me, maybe you had to be there.

JP, I was ready to discount you as not having any taste in music at all but I have to agree with you on Dave Matthews.

We've been concentrating on Rock so far but what about Brittany Spears. Here's a girl I can honestly say I have not heard a single song I could tolerate. I actually like some Dance and Pop music. She is all hype and it worked to sell millions of albums. Putting all the recent publicity aside and looking at her music career, she sucks.

JC, I could never get past Goodie Goodie Two Shoes. Wow, Dylan must be the poster boy for this post yet there are those who would run us out of town for such blastfomy. Never ever understood that one but that's a generation or so before me, maybe you had to be there.

JP, I was ready to discount you as not having any taste in music at all but I have to agree with you on Dave Matthews.

We've been concentrating on Rock so far but what about Brittany Spears. Here's a girl I can honestly say I have not heard a single song I could tolerate. I actually like some Dance and Pop music. She is all hype and it worked to sell millions of albums. Putting all the recent publicity aside and looking at her music career, she sucks.
    Yeah, most people don't know/care that Adam and the Ants where originally an S&M art school punk band. Many moons ago I made an Adam and the Ants comp and sent it out to people on the board, probably close to 30 copies. I purposefully left off Goody Two Shoes since I think it's only relevant from an MTV nostalgia perspective and even then I think Stand And Deliver or Ant Music is a better choice. Got enough complaints that I had to stick it on there. Go figure. More people think Adam Ant sucks than Elton John or Bob Dylan by about 1,000,000-1 so I'm prepared to deal. Just thought your post was funny given my own peculiar tastes.

jc

Tha Capitan and Tenille? Are they the German version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Hmmm, where to draw the line between sucks and I just plain don't like? And make it big, how big is required before it can be said they made it big? Air Supply is an obvious contender of course but what about Christopher Cross? For a while, he was everywhere from your television to radio, and not always singing. 60 minutes did a piece on him long after the winds died down from Sailing. Vinyl scroungers have a vague idea of how many albums the man sold. Clearly not in the category of a Jim Nabors or Sing Along With Mitch, but a lot of albums.

And who pioneered that whole genre anyway? It would probably be remiss to not mention the Capitan and Tenille who remain pop icons via guest appearances which by and large seem aimed at making just a much fun of those of us that know who they are as the music the duo created. And while I'm on the subject of making fun, all I can say is the brothers Gibb. Jive Talking? Are you kidding me? In falsetto no less. They took lameness to a whole new level that for a time became the new cool. I still don't think they could have done any of it without Travolta who remains cool personified. Travolta recovered, learned how to act (kind of) and continues to reinvent himself. The Glibb boys remained lame as it's all they knew and all they where capable of. But I digress...

Lot's of viable candidates here. Slumpbuster could be my kid brother and I'm not going to argue any of his choices. Throw in a Bob Dylan and that list could be mine. Over the years however I think I've come to make some kind of internal distinction between music that sucks and music I just don't like. Billy Joel's music is lame (be honest, you know it's true), and I just don't like the Beatles. Madam Elton remains a true enigma for me. Right now I'm giving 50-50 odds on the lame/don't like call. Pick'em.

jc
    Sorry, I make so many typos here that I take pure joy in busying the balls of anyone else who does it. I don't know that I can include them because they really weren't 'big' by Air Supply standards. Heck, they were nearly a one hit wonder. I agree with you on Christopher Cross, but he was close to a one hit wonder too. Billy Joel started out ok but turned into total crap, as did Phil Collins. In fact, I would say Phil belongs for sure, but at least Billy had a couple decent records ala Elton John.

Boy Dylan remains an icon in the industry, and calling him sucko or any other derisive term is utter nonsense. Yes, I like him, but come on! Give the man his due. He will be remembered as one of the greatest ever for generations to come. Ditto Johnny Cash who many don't like. The talent is undeniable.

Swish

I don't really like their new album,

... Hotel California on the other hand
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Blasfomy? I know what I'm getting you for Christmas.

Yes, you truly don't get Dylan because his talents go far beyond the few songs you've heard on the radio. I know I'm a lot older than you and many of the others on the board, so I grew up with him. In fact, I just saw a DVD with him playing some retro/honky-tonk that was really good. He remains vital today, unlike Billy Joel and Elton John who bought into the 'hit making' b.s. and became a joke to many of us. That was never the case with Bob. Sorry, that's just wrong.

Now you name someone like Brittany who can't sing, play an instrument of write a song, yet she became HUGE despite all of that. She belongs on the list for sure. How you can say her name in the same sentence as Bob Dylan is beyond me. Visions of Johanna, Shelter From the Storm, Just Like a Woman...these are some of my favorite songs ever, and they're all Bob.

Sorry, but you should be getting about 40 lashes for that.

Swish

Lynyrd Skynyrd? Really? Come on now.

O.K. if you want my opinion........ here it is......

Aerosmith = Sucks
    Led Zep. = Pretty Sucky
    Lynyrd Skynyrd = Suckiest Illiterate band.... nice guitar solo.... 3 chords?? WOW
    Billy Joel and Phil Collins = Possibly the same guy.... clark kent/Superman of SUCK
    Dave Mathews Band .... wait... Just Dave Mathews... the "Band" is good... Dave SUCKS.
    I suppose if you're only talking about the remnants that remained after that terrible accident, I have no problem, but the original band recorded some great rock 'n roll songs, including That Smell, Gimme Three Steps, and Call Me the Breeze. You mention 3 chords. Well, that's what most rock is, and so what? Seriously, if you're looking for complexity, that's a whole different ball of wax. I pretty much detest prog while other like it, getting off on all the time changes and 'fabulous' musicianship. Hey, I've been playing guitar for about 37 years and, while I'm not half bad, I'm way over the guitar hero stuff. I like simple stuff played well, not that I don't like a well-placed guitar solo. You know, one that actually fits the song structure and not just some shredder trying to impress everyone with his speed.

Swish

Billy Joel and Phil Collins = Possibly the same guy....
    Okay, I gotta vent some more.

I think there are two distinct levels of sucktation. Phil could sing and was a helluva drummer but he wrote pop pap that blitzkrieged the airwaves with boring junk for too many years. Billy Joel, on the other hand, is a complete phony in my view. Utterly unconvincing and overwrought, he's the Ethal Merman of Rock 'n' Roll. Then he tried to cash in on new wave with that Glass Houses crap. "Friday night I crashed yo paaarty." Omigod, the piano man is trying to sound like a punk! It's like an audio version of Epicac, it just works faster.

While I'm at it, and speaking of the changes the new wave wrought, The Eagles tried to man up with The Long Run. That was hilarious after they'd displayed the utter inability to sound like they'd ever actually been in the fast lane no matter how much they sang about it. Then there was the bile inducing video of Jefferson Starship with Grace Slick gothed up in a dog collar and glaring through acres of eyeliner in a desperate Siouxse wannabe gambit for relevance.

Hell, let's keep going...

What's up with Bad Company? Were they really that good? Really? "Feel like makin' luuuuuuuuv". You couldn't intentionally design a more mind numbing parody of a post-blues rock lobotomy. Zeppelin went on and on about these guys when they signed them to Swan Song but I thought they made BTO sound complex. Yeah, I get the part about 3-chord rock, believe me. But there's no excuse for being boring. I hated Skynyrd and their downshifted version of the Allman's but at least their rhythm section was tight. Bad Co. just sounded burnt out from day one and probably were.

I can think of buttloads of big bucks suckage without picking on Elton or Dave Matthews. My god, Journey? Foreigner? The list is endless. Actually, it's only about 200 songs played on the radio 24/7 for three decades.

Okay, that's enough tail-gating the short bus. You guys got me started, it's your fault.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information