Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Paging Finch Splat!

A bird flew into our window last week. I thought of you.

Just wanted to thank you for the stuff you sent me. Most of it was quite enjoyable.

The Baby Animals disk was the only one that I could have lived without. Too much of a Pat Benatar wannabe for me. The best thing that I could say about this band was that all the male band members have really good hair. Hubby didn't mind this one too much so I told him that he could have it. Unless, of course, you want it back.

You also sent me the original Billionaire disk. I assume that you sent originals because you didn't like these disks. I didn't mind this one. I've only given it one spin, but it didn't seem too bad.

The other stuff you sent is in my car so I don't have the band names handy, but everything else was fully enjoyed. As usual, a big thumbs up for the whole package. Thanks!

I obviously owe you some musical reciprocation, but I haven't come across anything lately that I think you'd enjoy. I'll keep you posted if anything comes my way.

Cheerio!

Suspended
    I aint the Finchster, but who was that sappy band on your mystery disk. Being out of touch, I don't recall seeing it mentioned. I had a hard time telling where one song ended and the next one began. It was a good thing there was a 3 second pause or I would still be thinking it was all one long track.

I also have no idea who the band is on Finch's mystery disk but liked it.

FiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I aint the Finchster, but who was that sappy band on your mystery disk. Being out of touch, I don't recall seeing it mentioned. I had a hard time telling where one song ended and the next one began. It was a good thing there was a 3 second pause or I would still be thinking it was all one long track.

I also have no idea who the band is on Finch's mystery disk but liked it.

FiFi
    Fifi? Isn't that what people name their poodles?

And....you're calling my mystery band sappy but you like Finch's mystery band? (insert astonished smiley here). Are you sure that you don't have them mixed up? I could make maple syrup outa Finch's band, they were so sappy.

My mystery band is a local (Toronto-based) band called Pilate. All the cool kids like 'em.

You can read more about them here. http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/pil/bio.asp

FA

P.S. Finchy's mystery disk was Binocular.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    You also sent me the original Billionaire disk. I assume that you sent originals because you didn't like these disks.
    Thanks for thinking of me

I bought them discs at a used CD store for a buck or less. I bought copies of ones I already had, so I could hand them out to people such as yourself.

If you like, good- if you don't like, hang them from your rearview mirror.

fp

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I bought them discs at a used CD store for a buck or less. I bought copies of ones I already had, so I could hand them out to people such as yourself.
    Wow. That's very considerate of you. What a cool thing to do. Well, for the record, they're both keepers. Hubby liked the Baby Animals disk. I liked the Billionaire disk. Thanks!

Thread Information