In a strange turn of events....

My 5 year old son really likes the latest Afrika Bambaataa album. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that it's so upbeat and danceable. He really has shown very little interest in "my" music, but now asks me to play that one every time we get into my car.

Anyone else besides nobody heard this one? It has a cover of Gary Numan's "Metal" (with Mr. Numan himself helping out) that is pretty cool.

And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

You never know who kids will like. On old girlfriend of mine used to have a little girl that always begged to hear either the Ramones or Sisters of Mercy, depending on mood.

Forum Regular

It's funny what kids pick up on

My 7 year old really liked the song Hallelujah from the Shrek movie he called it the Shrek song. But when I got hold of the album and played it he said it wasn't the same - and you know what he was right. The album version features the same song but the singer is Rufus Wainright where as the film version is John Cale.

But saying that he also likes Busted (a teeny pop band who probably haven't made it across the pond yet) so he still has yet to develop any musical taste!

Cheers
    Mike

While, generally the sun rises and sets on Hillary Duff in my 8-year-old Daughter's eyes; (I'm going to win some serious brownie points when she finds out on X-Mas that I got her and her best friend, tickets to see the young Miss Duff and our local hockey arena), she has taken a liking to a lot of the Eels album "Daisies of the Galaxy", which has a very accessible, sing-songy quality. She is especially fond of the song "I Like Birds" which I've caught her singing in the bath.

Hallelujah is a fav of hers as well, but the version she's heard, other than in Shrek, is from Jeff Buckley's album "Grace", which I've only recently discovered.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

42 Regular
    My 11-year-old girl is a big Hillary Duff fan too. And she really likes the new U2 song she hears on TV all the time. So what does she ask for for Xmas?

Benny Goodman records. Seriously.

(Worth noting that she plays the clarinet.)
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    My 5 year old son really likes the latest Afrika Bambaataa album. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that it's so upbeat and danceable. He really has shown very little interest in "my" music, but now asks me to play that one every time we get into my car.

Anyone else besides nobody heard this one? It has a cover of Gary Numan's "Metal" (with Mr. Numan himself helping out) that is pretty cool.

Yep, I think I got that one coming and I was already looking forward to it, even more so now. This year my boys have grown a bit more and while rap is still there audio assault of choice, they do enjoy the latest Greenday album, but they've always enjoyed Greenday from time to time.

jc

*edit* This is classic. I just went out to the mailbox, and there it was!
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

It's in Santas bag

I put it on my wishlist after reading Nobody’s plug many moons ago. Recently picked it up as Christmas gift for myself (makes life easier on my wife). I’m kinda psyched to check it out now after all the props.

Thread Information