Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Suspended

Sorry Eagles fans...

..My days as a green bleeding, loyal, diehard, live-eat-n-breathe Eagles fan are about over. Trust that I'll still never EVER throw my loyalty to the Dallas Convicts, but enough is enough. While I feel really bad for Andy Reed, who deserves so much better, it's time for some big time changes.

Let the axe fall where it may Jeffrey...

(Adam, there are a lot of Football fans here who don't post in Off Topic, so please let this one be, okay?)

I think Reid lost the team today.

I can't imagine there has EVER been anyone change their loyalty to the Cowboys after being an Eagles fan. Seems like the hate runs too deep for that.

Suspended

Thus my point that...

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I can't imagine there has EVER been anyone change their loyalty to the Cowboys after being an Eagles fan. Seems like the hate runs too deep for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RnT
    Trust that I'll still never EVER throw my loyalty to the Dallas Convicts, but enough is enough.

Of course, if one wants to hate the Cowboys, they might need to get in line. It's a crowded club.

Ahem....

To paraphrase a scene from one of my fave movies (bonus points effin you get it):

Worfster: "The games past Reid and McNab by, deal with it."

Tex: "I'll root for the Cowboys first."

Worf: "Pheh, as if they'd have ya."

The moral to this story is this... a TRUE fan sticks to his team no matter what. Through thick and thin. Hell man I'm a Mets and a Raiders fan, I've suffered more in the last three years than any man should have to, BUT my heart still beats in Queens and "Real Men Still Wear Black."

So your window is closed and you'll not see them reach the promised land. Hell you had a good run, better than most... Savor it and look forward to the draft.

Da Worfster

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Well said, Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101
    To paraphrase a scene from one of my fave movies (bonus points effin you get it):

Worfster: "The games past Reid and McNab by, deal with it."

Tex: "I'll root for the Cowboys first."

Worf: "Pheh, as if they'd have ya."

The moral to this story is this... a TRUE fan sticks to his team no matter what. Through thick and thin. Hell man I'm a Mets and a Raiders fan, I've suffered more in the last three years than any man should have to, BUT my heart still beats in Queens and "Real Men Still Wear Black."

So your window is closed and you'll not see them reach the promised land. Hell you had a good run, better than most... Savor it and look forward to the draft.

Da Worfster
    Yeah, no matter how bad the team gets on the field, I don't have much respect for people who bail on their team. Don't do it Rich. Trust me, some day they'll win, and that glorious day, 32 years from now, will be the sweetest, most vindicating, heaven-on-earth moment of your sports loving life. The victory is that much sweeter because of the journey.

I hates me some Red Sox fans more than just about anything, but dammit if I didn't have a warm place in my heart watching that city go nuts when they finally won the World Series. And they had to live through Buckner...Just imagine how great it'll be when your team finally pulls through. Keep the faith, Rich.

Hey, I'm a Chargers fan. If I can stick it out, anyone can.

JSE
    Maybe a faint glimpse of light........? Your backup Cobb (Can't remember the exact spelling) is a decent QB. He lit it up down here at University of Houston and has a lot of skills. I know he choked it up Sunday but give him a little time. I think you might found out down the road that he is a good QB. I wished the Texans here in Houston had picked him up.

I'm not going to jump ship, but...

....I think it's time for a new coach because Andy Reid just isn't getting it done. The 'pass first, run only when we have to' game plan just isn't cutting it. McNabb isn't getting the protection he needs, they have no premier receivers, and the tight end situation is a disaster.

Sorry Worfster, but the game hasn't passed by McNabb, he just doesn't have the team around him to be successful. Yes, he's looked pitiful the last couple weeks, but he's the same guy who put up impressive numbers earlier in the season. He needs to work through this, and he can get back in the mix. The Colb was even worse than McNabb, so starting him will be a bad decision.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

"What do you mean, the game can end in a tie?"

That quote and the media firestorm that followed severely damaged McNabb's reputation and already fading confidence.

He might do OK on some other team like the Vikes for a year or 2, but the peak of his career is long past. I like McNabb's dry sense of humor and low key manner, but that's not the kind of personality you need to rally a team around you.

I've never believed in Reid as a coach. He's not confrontational enough and his players do whatever the hell they want. The way whole T.O. thing went down was very telling. As was the news that his kids were big time drug dealers. The guy can't even manage his family, let alone an NFL team.

And what happened to Westbrook? Not sure how hurt he is, but he's not getting enough touches.

Andy Reid doesn't look Mike Holmgren for nothin - I'd swear they were father and son and they coach a lot alike.

I think McNabb has had a lot of undeserved bad press. They can't get him good receivers, they've never addressed their running back woes - Westbrook missing half a season per year isn't the solution. They act like this will be the year he doesn't get injured - wishful thinking. McNabb should go, but for his own sake. He'll start for whomever picks him up.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    "What do you mean, the game can end in a tie?"

That quote and the media firestorm that followed severely damaged McNabb's reputation and already fading confidence.

He might do OK on some other team like the Vikes for a year or 2, but the peak of his career is long past. I like McNabb's dry sense of humor and low key manner, but that's not the kind of personality you need to rally a team around you.

I've never believed in Reid as a coach. He's not confrontational enough and his players do whatever the hell they want. The way whole T.O. thing went down was very telling. As was the news that his kids were big time drug dealers. The guy can't even manage his family, let alone an NFL team.

And what happened to Westbrook? Not sure how hurt he is, but he's not getting enough touches.
    I gotta agree with you on Andy. He can't keep a 4 person family together let alone a have a whole NFL team respect and follow him. I have said McNabb should have been gone years ago.

It can't be blamed on no receivers or Westbrook not getting the ball enough. McNabb can't go 2 games in a row playing the same way. If he has a good game one week, the next he is throwing the ball too hard for almost anyone to catch or not hitting the open guys. I'm completely sick about how all the commentators make him out to be the best thing since Campbells Soup as he throws dirt balls and interceptions.

He has had his 10 years to try and blew the best attempt he got. It's time to give someone else a chance.

Iggles

The Philadelphia Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Philadelphia.
    For the first offense, they give you two Eagle tickets.
    If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
    A. The Philadelphia Eagles.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and Billy Graham have in common?
    A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ'.

Q. How do you keep the Philadelphia Eagles out of your yard?
    A. Put up a goal post.

Q. Where do you go in Philadelphia in case of a tornado?
    A. To the Eagles Stadium - they never have a touchdown there!

Q. What do you call a Philadelphia EAGLE with a Super Bowl ring?
    A. A thief.

Q. What's the difference between the Philadelphia Eagles and a dollar bill?
    A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Philadelphia Eagles does it take to win a Super Bowl?
    A. Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q. What do the Philadelphia Eagles and a possums have in common?
    A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by richmon
    The Philadelphia Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Philadelphia.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

I thought that this thread was about the band. The sad thing is the first post I was brought to when I clicked to open it was Richmon's, and I still thought it was about the band after reading his first three sentences.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    I thought that this thread was about the band. The sad thing is the first post I was brought to when I clicked to open it was Richmon's, and I still thought it was about the band after reading his first three sentences.

Ha! That would actually mean we were staying On-Topic here.

Suspended

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

Q. Why does McNabb's mother serve him his Campbells Soup out of the can?
    A. Anytime he gets near a Bowl, he chokes.

I just saw this but the team was the Lions, not Philly.

A. Put up a goal post.

A. A thief.

And last summer it was for the Pirates. While it's true the Eagles are sucking, they've been one of the more successful NFL teams over the last 7 or 8 years, even without the coveted S.B. ring. There are many teams far worse we could substitute.
    Last edited by Swish; 11-25-2008 at 03:44 PM.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    And last summer it was for the Pirates. While it's true the Eagles are sucking, they've been on of the more successful NFL teams over the last 7 or 8 years, even without the coveted S.B. ring. There are many teams far worse we could substitute.
    Damn straight. Be happy you don't live here in the bay area. Between the 49ers and Raiders we've had 14 seasons of incredible suckitude.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Damn straight. Be happy you don't live here in the bay area...
    Yeah, but in the bay area you have some high schools for which
    McDrabb couldn't get a back-up, second string spot.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Yeah, but in the bay area you have some high schools for which
    McDrabb couldn't get a back-up, second string spot.
    No doubt the 49ers would be happy to trade for McNabb. Seriously. After a near decade of washouts like Alex Smith, and bums like Ken Dorsey and Tim Rattay, pretty much anything is an improvement . . . including an over the hill Donovan.

Suspended
    SO, which Eagles team is going to show up today? Or more specifically, which McNabb is going to show up today? If I see him upchucking during the game like he used to do a few years ago, it probably won't be a good sign.

Suspended
    Nevermind, I got my answer.

The one that beat the defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    SO, which Eagles team is going to show up today? Or more specifically, which McNabb is going to show up today? If I see him upchucking during the game like he used to do a few years ago, it probably won't be a good sign.
    And it's on to Arizona, a team the Eagles dismantled 48-20. But, this is the playoffs and we won't have home dirt. Of course, we didn't have home dirt against Minnesota or the Giants, being the # 6 seed and all, so we shall see. Could this be the year my beloved Iggles finally win the big one? Dare I dream? Will Rich-in-Texas be sorry he jumped off the bandwagon? Stay tuned.

This will be my first week ever as a Cardinals fan. Wish me luck.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    And it's on to Arizona, a team the Eagles dismantled 48-20. But, this is the playoffs and we won't have home dirt. Of course, we didn't have home dirt against Minnesota or the Giants, being the # 6 seed and all, so we shall see. Could this be the year my beloved Iggles finally win the big one? Dare I dream? Will Rich-in-Texas be sorry he jumped off the bandwagon? Stay tuned.
    Congrats, Swishy. You got some good stuff goin' on in the City of Brotherly Love...Flyers lookin' strong, Eagles performing improbably well, got rid of Iverson...

...maybe y'all can use some of those increased revenues to upgrade the gendarmerie so a character can walk from the Hotel to Nobu without taking gunfire.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information