Thread: Sloshapalooza!

Cool Sloshapalooza!

Live music comp, anyone? I'm not gonna bother with a private message link this time just 'cause the vast majority of these songs are readily available for free legal download . . . . but here you get Nero'd files all tagged and ready to go. Burn this as a gapless CD and it'll all fit on one disc.

01. The Decemberists - Up The Junction (Squeeze)
    02. Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire - Way Out West
    03. Wilco - The Late Greats
    04. Pinback - Loro
    05. Rogue Wave - Endless Shovel
    06. The Decemberists - Odalisque
    07. Calexico - Black Heart
    08. Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire - Sweetbreads
    09. Lucinda Williams - Pineola
    10. The Dismemberment Plan - Come Home
    11. Spoon - Me And The Bean/Back To The Life
    12. My Morning Jacket - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Prince)
    13. Alice In Chains - Sludge Factory
    14. Fugazi - Life And Limb
    15. Rogue Wave - Catform
    16. Jane's Addiction - Rock & Roll (Velvet Underground)
    17. Jane's Addiction - Sympathy For The Devil (Rolling Stones)
    18. Mercury Rev - Isolation (John Lennon)

Part 1 (255.47MB - FLAC)
    [Code]http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9cp1d[/Code]
    Part 2 (242.49MB - FLAC)
    [Code]http://www.sendspace.com/file/vexwdl[/Code]
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Thanks Slosh. I'm downloading it now.

Looks like some good stuff. Some familiar, some not so.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

A Mistake Click, and a comp

Hey Slosh. Long time since I checked in around here. I miss it too. I clicked by mistake on the link in my favorites, and my password was still saved. The first post I see is yours, a "Live Comp". "Comping" was what made this place great many moons ago, and introduced me to literally dozens of new bands. I must have over a hundred Rave Rec comps on the shelf from back in the day. And I made and traded a few of my own.

So I'm downloading yours now. Many of the bands are my favs - Lucinda, Decemberists, Andrew Bird, Wilco etc..

Thanks mate, and good to be back here, even if by mistake.

JDaniel
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

Hey JD! What's shakin'?

Quote Originally Posted by JDaniel
    Hey Slosh. Long time since I checked in around here. I miss it too. I clicked by mistake on the link in my favorites, and my password was still saved. The first post I see is yours, a "Live Comp". "Comping" was what made this place great many moons ago, and introduced me to literally dozens of new bands. I must have over a hundred Rave Rec comps on the shelf from back in the day. And I made and traded a few of my own.

So I'm downloading yours now. Many of the bands are my favs - Lucinda, Decemberists, Andrew Bird, Wilco etc..

Thanks mate, and good to be back here, even if by mistake.

JDaniel
    I thought you fell off the earth. Hope all is well with you and yours and that you check in with us once in a blue moon.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

42 Regular
    Hey, JD. I was thinking of you just a couple weeks ago, as I was cryin' in my beer and watching the Dogs & Vols. Good to see you again, bud.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

I'm listening to part one and downloading part 2...amazing

not the download...the fact I'm actually enjoying the music.

thanx

PS> I'm on a cable hookup and it still takes over an hour to download this

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    PS> I'm on a cable hookup and it still takes over an hour to download this
    Faster than the USPS, though. Yeah, SendSpace's server is dog-slow. YSI used to download in about 15 minutes for 500MB files but now they only allow 100MB uploads (bastardos!)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDaniel
    I clicked by mistake on the link
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Well, I listened to Part 1, and it was excellent. However, there was a %#$%#^ing problem with Part 2. It downloaded fine, but won't work. I've got to try it again. I'll kick it off before bed tonight. Thanks Slosh.

Yeah, Chris, I must admit, I enjoyed the win over your Dawgs.

Paul - good to hear from you too. All is well on this end. Life is just busier than ever. I'll try and make it more often than once in a blue moon.

Is Jimbo (JC) still around? And speaking of the old gang, I got an email from ChipB last week. He's doing well - has moved back to VA.

JDaniel
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

C-Z
    Forum Regular
    Thanks for the sampler, mate. Haven't been around much for a long while myself.

Listening right now - excellent! Lots of artists that I have been curious about for a long time.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Ah, FLAC!

Hint: say it out loud.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Great comp again, tnx. I'm really liking Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, esp. Sweetbreads. Could be an album purchase in my future...
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 10-26-2006 at 06:29 AM.

I'm beginning to question my normalcy. I can't get Sweetbreads out of my head. I told my wife to give it a listen to. She got about 30 seconds in and said "This is disturbing" and took the head phones off. Now she's questioning why she married me in the first place...

----
    "Dear Diary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."
    -- JtHM

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    I'm beginning to question my normalcy. I can't get Sweetbreads out of my head. I told my wife to give it a listen to. She got about 30 seconds in and said "This is disturbing" and took the head phones off. Now she's questioning why she married me in the first place...

----
    "Dear Diary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."
    -- JtHM
    Tell her, "I can taste what you were thinking. That's the taste of neurons blinking."

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Tell her, "I can taste what you were thinking. That's the taste of neurons blinking."
    I tried to sell her on the cleverness of the lyrics with that line. It didn't work. I just don't know why. On a related subject, I hear Thomas Harris has a new novel this year. Any reviews?

currently listening to webcast of The Mysterious Production of Eggs. I likey. This is how I end up spending money... www.andrewbird.net/listen.htm

Holy cow! Even CZ is checking in with us. Who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Z
    Thanks for the sampler, mate. Haven't been around much for a long while myself.

Listening right now - excellent! Lots of artists that I have been curious about for a long time.
    Rae? CC? Snowflake? Stay tuned.

Swish Baby

Thread Information