Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Satellite radio renewal question...

When I bought my car, it came equipped with a Sirius radio and six free months. At the end of the six months, Sirius gave me a pretty good deal to sign on that worked out to under $10/mth. Now that my subscription is up for renewal they want $203 for the next 12 months! Having had it for almost two years now, I'm not really sure that it's worth $200/yr to me. If I don't renew, will they start sending me better deals to get me to sign back up? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

I had a similar issue a couple years ago. They automatically charged my credit card for something like $160 and I never gave them permission. I got that sorted out and they agreed to give me a full year of both car and PC streaming for about $85. This year I I made sure to call them before they could even attempt to charge my credit card and they renewed me again for about $85, but they wouldn't give me the PC streaming this time.

I would call and negotiate because they're doing everything they can to retain customers.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    They would have automatically charged me also...it was part of the agreement when I signed up, so I knew that...except I cancelled that card a few months ago so they had no way to charge me. They called me because my account was overdue. I told the guy it was too expensive, but he didn't offer me anything lower. Maybe I'll call back and be more direct. Thanks.

Thread Information