Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rush Tour 2010

Suspended

Rush Tour 2010

Rush will be here in August and tickets go on sale Saturday. Surprised no one has talked about the tour here. I am interested in trying to see this show because they will do Moving Pictures in it's entirety. It will be at an ampa-theater which may not sound great though and I'm dreading to see what the price of the tickets are going to be.

Any one else...news? opinions?

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    I saw Rush at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto and it was nothing short of amazing. It's a state of the art facility. They are playing a fest near me in the summer and I am sure to go. It's a no brainer for you Peabody. Have you ever seen them before?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    They are doing two nights in Toronto this summer and an AMEX pre-sale started this morning. But at $150 a pop (I don't sit in bad seats anymore), we've decided to take a pass this time around. We've seen them their last six tours plus a few times in the 80's. I'd love to see them again, but there are too many other expenses this year to justify a $300 concert.

I know I'm going to regret this decision, however.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Geriatric Pterodactyls forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    I'm with you FA, if I'm going to shell out the bucks for a concert I want a decent seat. If tickets are that much here it will be a tough decision.

Poppa, I have not seen Rush before in concert. That, and the fact I know they will be doing at least some old material really makes me want to go but on the other hand I can't see paying mega bucks for a concert ticket. I'm mostly leaning toward doing it though. Who knows if the opportunity will be right again.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Who knows if the opportunity will be right again.
    Who knows if they'll tour again.

I'm with you FA, if I'm going to shell out the bucks for a concert I want a decent seat. If tickets are that much here it will be a tough decision.

Poppa, I have not seen Rush before in concert. That, and the fact I know they will be doing at least some old material really makes me want to go but on the other hand I can't see paying mega bucks for a concert ticket. I'm mostly leaning toward doing it though. Who knows if the opportunity will be right again.
    If I had never seen them I would try to find a way. But I have seen them many times over the years. They were even my first concert back in 1976. They have never failed to thrill me. A great show!
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Peabody, if you've never seen them before then go. You will not be disappointed. A Rush concert is an event and every show is a treat. Like Poppa said, they could decide to stop touring at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Peabody, if you've never seen them before then go. You will not be disappointed. A Rush concert is an event and every show is a treat. Like Poppa said, they could decide to stop touring at any time.
    Or one of their wheelchairs could break down.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    I will do my best to make it happen.

Neil rode his motorcycle from show to show last year I doubt if they are ready for the nursing assistance yet

I will do my best to make it happen.

Neil rode his motorcycle from show to show last year I doubt if they are ready for the nursing assistance yet
    Yeah, but did he let the wind blow through his hair?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Yeah, but did he let the wind blow through his hair?
    Yeah, the tufts protruding from his ears...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Geriatric Pterodactyls forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.................and still better than 99% of the crap that is available out there.

If you have never seen RUSH, you need to go while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder
    .................and still better than 99% of the crap that is available out there.
    Lol, okaaaaaaayyyyyy.

Forum Regular
    The power trio is an incredibly tough thing to pull off, and these guys have proven to be an example to follow............when seeing live acts such as Zeppelin or the Who, there are some large and obvious holes compared to the recorded versions...........and while there are noticeable differences with Rush as well, Alex and Geddy have found methods to fill that air............in just four short months, Rush will begin it's 43rd year............on top of all that, I'm sure they are students of Pete Anderson and David Gogo.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder
    The power trio is an incredibly tough thing to pull off, and these guys have proven to be an example to follow............when seeing live acts such as Zeppelin or the Who, there are some large and obvious holes compared to the recorded versions...........and while there are noticeable differences with Rush as well, Alex and Geddy have found methods to fill that air............in just four short months, Rush will begin it's 43rd year............on top of all that, I'm sure they are students of Pete Anderson and David Gogo.
    Dude, I probably would have said they're better than 99% of the acts out there today, back when I was 19. Why do you think there's such demand for the old stuff? 'Cause that's when they wrote good songs. C'mon, do you really think the stuff they're writing these days is that good?

I have no problem admitting they are great players. But their songwriting well seems to have dried up.

And nice crack about PA and DG. Just trying "new" stuff, that's all, man. No need to get all huffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Dude, I probably would have said they're better than 99% of the acts out there today, back when I was 19. Why do you think there's such demand for the old stuff? 'Cause that's when they wrote good songs. C'mon, do you really think the stuff they're writing these days is that good?

I have no problem admitting they are great players. But their songwriting well seems to have dried up.
    They only had two bad albums IMO. Everything up to and including Counterparts is excellent for the most part. Test For Echo and Vapour Trails were both pretty ho-hum. But I thought that Snakes and Arrows was pretty damn good.

They only had two bad albums IMO. Everything up to and including Counterparts is excellent for the most part. Test For Echo and Vapour Trails were both pretty ho-hum. But I thought that Snakes and Arrows was pretty damn good.
    Well, to each his/her own. They haven't done anything for me in a while.

And you gotta admit that 99% thing was preposterous.

I don't gotta admit nuttin'!

I don't gotta admit nuttin'!
    Gee, I feel all Dwight Schrute-y all of a sudden!

We can only hope they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Who knows if they'll tour again.
    Geddy will sound even stranger with his high-pitched comical voice blended with a geezer wheeze/whistle.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

They only had two bad albums . . .
    Yep, and they released them 8 times each under different titles.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

You guys are mean!

You guys are mean!
    That's redundent.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    That's redundent.
    That's misspelled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information